AJ IV Red Thunder Jan, 15 2022

Deep black nubuck. My pair came with factory installed scuffing on both toe boxes 🤷🏿‍♀️ Any dirt or dust shows easily. Other colors not so much. Unc/lighting were easier to keep clean. These u constantly need to brush.

No you don't.

They've been doing this since the varsity red VI's. They aren't Carolina blue or yellow, how does dirt or dust show easily?

Even back in the durabuck days of the OG's, but it's meant to be brushed off.

Local FB group member (head really) posted this yesterday.
FB_IMG_1642364649547.jpg
Not what i was expecting. Not bad but not good either.

Guess it’s black or bust.

Appreciate the picture.

I know exactly where that is! I grew up in Owensboro. Used to go to Frankfort about once a month. Shoe shopping definitely isn't easy down that way. You basically have to go to Lexington or Louisville for anything decent in-person, don't you?
I’ve just ordered everything online fam. There’s no actual sneaker stores anywhere around here. There’s like a FinishLine in Lexington, but they usually don’t pack that much heat.

Only perk is that shipping from Nike is usually quick, cause it’s only one state away.

I’ve just ordered everything online fam. There’s no actual sneaker stores anywhere around here. There’s like a FinishLine in Lexington, but they usually don’t pack that much heat.

Only perk is that shipping from Nike is usually quick, cause it’s only one state away.

Man, Fayette Mall in Lexington used to be THE place. Between their Foot Locker (now a house of hoops), their Finish Line, and that little independent joint called All Sports, I got a ton of limited stuff in high school and college. It's been gone for years, but there was a spot called Court Sports right off UK's campus that used to sell Jordans early at retail AND reserve them for you. Sold all their sample shoes and everything. Miss that place like crazy.

No, before they switched to the remastered mold you could. I would go half size down for creasing with the thin leather and nubuck. Now there's more padding in the collar and tongue so they're pretty TTS.
I still half size down in 4"s as I do in most J"s. I feel 4"s have been less padded since 2012. I don't think I ever tried on my 08' CDP"s B4 I got rid of them so I don't know about those. But 4's prior to that were more cushioned and tighter on feet. Only J's that are tts for me are any year AJKO and 1"s from 01"to 03', 2's, sometimes 6's and 7"s, 9's, 11's, remastered 14's, 16 and 17's. Everything else I go down a half size.

I tried ordering off Hibbett on Saturday and it glitched out. Took my L and moved on to getting several more L across all the other vendors.

However, I just received a confirmation email for a pair from Hibbett out of nowhere today 🤨. There’s a tracking number too but no movement.

So I don’t know if I somehow hit on these or not 🤷‍♂️. This is after I spent the last three days convincing myself I don’t like these anymore just because I struck out 😂.

I tried ordering off Hibbett on Saturday and it glitched out. Took my L and moved on to getting several more L across all the other vendors.

However, I just received a confirmation email for a pair from Hibbett out of nowhere today 🤨. There’s a tracking number too but no movement.

So I don’t know if I somehow hit on these or not 🤷‍♂️. This is after I spent the last three days convincing myself I don’t like these anymore just because I struck out 😂.

I got an out of stock message, then went back to my cart and they were still there. I hit the purchase button again and they went through. Never got a confirmation from them, then hit on SNKRS, so I canceled the Hibbets order because I didn't trust it. For some reason, got a confirmation email today too. Checked my account and it still says canceled, so who TF knows. :lol:

I got an out of stock message, then went back to my cart and they were still there. I hit the purchase button again and they went through. Never got a confirmation from them, then hit on SNKRS, so I canceled the Hibbets order because I didn't trust it. For some reason, got a confirmation email today too. Checked my account and it still says canceled, so who TF knows. :lol:
Watch you get the pair from hibbets for free :lol:

So…looks like I was charged for it…however it seems like they printed two labels, might end up getting two pairs. I even have two different order confirmation numbers too.

The tracking on one of them hasn’t moved yet but it’s USPS and they were closed for MLK Day so we’ll see.

Regardless, it sure seems like they screwed up this release. Hopefully to our benefit 😁.

Back
Top Bottom