AJ XXX (30)

:smh: They're really going to use the same tooling from the 29's, huh?

I honestly can't believe this. What the hell was the long delay from the 29 launch for? To give us basically the same shoe for the 30th anniversary. Terrible.

And someone from the sycophantic sneaker media NEEDS to ask Tinker and co. at the XXX launch event why the hell they reused the same tooling.

mean.gif
They're really going to use the same tooling from the 29's, huh?

I honestly can't believe this. What the hell was the long delay from the 29 launch for? To give us basically the same shoe for the 30th anniversary. Terrible.

And someone from the sycophantic sneaker media NEEDS to ask Tinker and co. at the XXX launch event why the hell they reused the same tooling.
I'm sure they'll feed us some bs about how they think this is a top notch breakthrough design and wanted to do some further testing. Only to switch it again completely for the 31. And of course they will tell us all about the military grade Kevlar upper that can withstand 10 bullets which is why we need to buy these instead of the 29s.
eyes.gif

This shoe could have released in September or even the summer. No new innovation or provocative design. Leads one to believe this was a delivery failure in Italy or China. When all insiders said the shoe is more of a 29 elite, they weren't kidding.  Hopefully we will get some better color ways. 

How in the hell do the 8's look like the 7's

The earlier Jordan's Definitely built off of each other. There are similarities from the 1 and the 2. Then you have the 4 which built on the 3. Same with the 5 and 6, if you hold them side by side you can see what I am talking about. This also holds true for thr 7 and the 8. Lastley, the x and the xi have a similar profile. There are most definitely similarities between consecutive models.

The earlier Jordan's Definitely built off of each other. There are similarities from the 1 and the 2. Then you have the 4 which built on the 3. Same with the 5 and 6, if you hold them side by side you can see what I am talking about. This also holds true for thr 7 and the 8. Lastley, the x and the xi have a similar profile. There are most definitely similarities between consecutive models.

Yes, similarities...inspired by... But NOT the same or even mistakable for the same.

It's funny. I remember reading some where that OG heads didn't like the Jordan 7s because they looked like the 6s and didn't like the 8s because they looked like the 7s. Jordan's looking like alike consecutively is nothing new

Yes, similarities...inspired by... But NOT the same or even mistakable for the same.

If these are actually the 30s, theyre easily the worst AJ ever.
At least the laughable '2010 gloryholes' had their own mid/out-sole... :smh:

On the bright side, if this is indeed them, they will most likely have a short run. I can't imagine they would wait a full year for the 31 after all this nonsense. possibly get back to more traditional release time late 2016 w/ the 31? But it is JB so you never know all star debuts could be their new thing.

Right.
From AJ 3 - 8, you could clearly see the evolution of them. One building up on the previous with a certain trend.

The AJ 9 was like a reboot with its Design though it had overtaken the innersleeve and slimlined midfoot section from the 8. But the upper was kept plain and introduced the round laces with the fastlacing system laceloops. Then the 10 was basically like the 9 but with a certain retro feel. The 11 took over the lacing concept but used completely new materials for the upper and for the first time a completely translucent outsole. And so on...

Right.
From AJ 3 - 8, you could clearly see the evolution of them. One building up on the previous with a certain trend.

The AJ 9 was like a reboot with its Design though it had overtaken the innersleeve and slimlined midfoot section from the 8. But the upper was kept plain and introduced the round laces with the fastlacing system laceloops. Then the 10 was basically like the 9 but with a certain retro feel. The 11 took over the lacing concept but used completely new materials for the upper and for the first time a completely translucent outsole. And so on...
don't forget the 12's outsole with the two traction pods is carried over from the 11. the 6-8 also all have them pothole traction patterns.

keep in mind with this pic below that looks like the midsole cage at the heel wraps around and there there's no forefoot cage from what it seems as well as the traction patter definitely looks different than the xx9.  the pattern on the cage is also different. if that last pic is indeed the 30 the midsole will be similar but some what different.

i guess most of us expect the latest Air Jordan to be completely new and innovative, but we forgot that in the early days they were more of a evolution of the design. At least it's not the Kobe line where you pretty much get the same shoes every year since the Kobe 8 with little improvement each year.

Last edited:
These are giving me a college blue 17 vibe. a small white jumpman in those blue midsole tabs could have set them off. sort of like those small yet classy jumpmans on the 16. none of that 29 garbage...

I dont think the 30 would adopt the sole of the 29 completely but rather keeping the concept with some visual alterations.

People arguing these are an evolution are cracking me up. These are the XX9. More than a 30. Each shoe had its own design and look. They slapped a xxx on the back a Jordan on the toe and an ankle collar. Pretty dumb after 2 yrs.

I was also thinking of the 17.

Definite PS with the 3 pics. The first pic of 3 is especially cheesy, taking a super old image of MJ and then plastering the XXX logo on the front 
laugh.gif
. Although I do like the basketball hoop reference. I can see that. The second pic is certainly a ps. The proportions of the upper are way off compared to the legit leaked pic.

I still say the midsole/outsole will be different than the XX9. How much different, we shall see the 14th! 14 days and counting!!

Back
Top Bottom