AJ XXX (30)

y'all seen nightwing hoop before right? I'd take everything with a grain of salt hahaa, but i guess traction is just one of those things that universally is or isnt there. seems like these translucent outsoles arent that great.

Even though I have a defective pair, I've worn them for pick up games, league games, and at about 5 different gyms...With that said, the traction on these shoes is excellent...Just as the xx9's were, I trust these to stop on a dime. My style of play is very fast and quick cutting. Traction is a must for me, and I have seen no drop off in the almost two weeks that I've had them...Just my $.02

My experience with traction has been awesome, even better than the xx9.. I've seen some footage of his game play and no shade but I can confidently say I play a lot quicker than him, so traction is a huge deal for me and I've had zero issues.

not sure what you guys are wearing ?

i have had NO ISSUES with this shoe !

it is awesome and just waiting for more CWs

will pass on UNC but did doubled up on 1st 

buy and enjoy !!!  
pimp.gif

man traction has been GREAT - better than xx9 for me too

that's why I'm saying the dude has to be hell-bent on destroying the XXX for his own personal reasons...

My experience with traction has been awesome, even better than the xx9.. I've seen some footage of his game play and no shade but I can confidently say I play a lot quicker than him, so traction is a huge deal for me and I've had zero issues.
He definitely has no game. Just thought it was interesting. He trashed the traction on the kobe XI too. It doesn't grip like the kobe 9 did but it's not bad. Anyways, unc is nice but need those ASG or all black to release.

Sort of surprised that NW is ******** on this shoe so much. Seems like before he put them on he wasn't going to give them any chance. I don't know...

I wasn't getting my hopes up when they announced, but Im very happy with them
I'm not surprised he's dumping on the XXX for a few reasons. One, Brandblack gave him his own special weartesters edition of one of their sneakers. Some people's way of demonstrating brand loyalty is by being immature and  completely on another brands shoe irregardless of the quality of another shoe. IMO, duckwing has taken this route. ALSO, it creates a conflict of interest if your reviewing different brands sneakers and then getting your own sneaker from a particular brand. Two, with him being decently known in the sneaker review community, I've visited his IG & YT pages for reviews only to find him ripping on people and calling them names for not agreeing with every bit of his reviews in comments sections. That's super ridiculous!! Dude is super immature and can't handle someone having a different opinion than himself. Personally, I wont be visiting or looking for any of his reviews on anything ever. And lastly, he's super  hurt over the non change to the midsole. I agree with everyone that it was disappointing. In reality, that shoe got made in 6-8months!!! That's one third the normal time it takes to make a shoe. Its my opinion that with such little time left, Tinker and Mark Smith did an amazing job with said time constraint! Obviously duckwing hasn't himself put much thought or research into the information and small history on this shoe. Duckwing is just not the person to go to for honest reviews. There are many more reviewers whose opinion count more than his.

Last edited:
1. Nightwing runs almost the exact garbage release ads as SC.
You can't be a review site AND push these companies junk without it being a conflict of interest. Plenty of that stuff is sounding like Dunne wrote it.

2.Some of his review staff are new Jack's keen on impressing him by echoing his sentiments they weren't even around to develop.

3. His salt levels regarding not receiving test shoes from certain companies is starting to cloud judgement.

4. Attitude in general from all of these youtube guys now is on arrogance. I'd be cool if that's how they started out but they all got gassed as the subs and boxes started coming in.

All of yall need to retire " performance beast" from your vocab when you then tell me traction is great " on clean floors" but not in the presence of dust.

If I can say one nice thing about nightwing it's that he's not kicks genius

1. Nightwing runs almost the exact garbage release ads as SC.
You can't be a review site AND push these companies junk without it being a conflict of interest. Plenty of that stuff is sounding like Dunne wrote it.

2.Some of his review staff are new Jack's keen on impressing him by echoing his sentiments they weren't even around to develop.

3. His salt levels regarding not receiving test shoes from certain companies is starting to cloud judgement.

4. Attitude in general from all of these youtube guys now is on arrogance. I'd be cool if that's how they started out but they all got gassed as the subs and boxes started coming in.

All of yall need to retire " performance beast" from your vocab when you then tell me traction is great " on clean floors" but not in the presence of dust.

If I can say one nice thing about nightwing it's that he's not kicks genius
havent seen a recent review but kick genius imo actually pushed the shoe in regards to performance... whats the issue here?

HORRIBLE RETURN THEM

quality like that is worse then the retros
you might see this on a shoe years old but not something just released and a marquee shoe thats a slap in the customers face
i really cant believe nike changes $200.00 for this

well i can believe it

Not trying to cape for JB as their quality issues are well known, especially on retro's but I actually feel like the newest iteration of the signature line has always had decent quality. Not saying the price is justified for really any pair of shoes, but with any production run there is gonna be defective pairs. It seems that's the case here and not so much a "quality control issue"

havent seen a recent review but kick genius imo actually pushed the shoe in regards to performance... whats the issue here?

They can certainly hoop better than nightwing. No question. You actually need to be able to run fast, stop hard and jump to test a shoe effectively. So they are better at that.
I don't think nightwings whole staff can touch the backboard.
My problem with Kg is that they do ads and push product for things that they wouldn't recommend, like air raids for finish line and e books.
They are pretty slimey in their tactics to grow the channel vs a lot of other you tubers.

Anyways, this is about the Xxx and I don't want to derail it with my opinion on shoe review ethics lol.

To summarize... Their swag, I'm not feeling it.

Not trying to cape for JB as their quality issues are well known, especially on retro's but I actually feel like the newest iteration of the signature line has always had decent quality. Not saying the price is justified for really any pair of shoes, but with any production run there is gonna be defective pairs. It seems that's the case here and not so much a "quality control issue"
I was going to post something similar yesterday...

Personally think these are well constructed and a defective pair here and there can happen with any model from any brand.  When I picked up the Kings Pride Bron XI, my first pair has an overlay separate from the shoe after the first time hooping.  Got a replacement pair and another colorway of the shoe and never had any issues hooping extensively in both pairs.  Because someone has a defective pair doesn't mean they are "cutting corners" or "didn't have enough time to test materials" -- this stuff happens and will continue to happen to pairs here and there

I always take "reviews" with a serious grain of salt, for all those reasons above, and everyone's feet are different, playing styles, etc.  

Personally I think the XXX's have really good traction, way better than my KD8's, Kobe XI's and LBJ13's for sure.  

And probably honestly a tad better than the XX9 lows I play in.   

The quality of the XXX's has impressed me too, but there will always be bad apples that make it out to the public.  

i never watch sneaker reviews... i leave that judgement for myself.
not gonna rely on some random dude on youtube who likely got the shoes for free, not knowing what his true thoughts are, or what he is saying to impress the company who sponsored them.
aside from the fact, that i dont agree with half of people's input when i personally own a pair and people complain here on NT

y'all seen nightwing hoop before right? I'd take everything with a grain of salt hahaa, but i guess traction is just one of those things that universally is or isnt there. seems like these translucent outsoles arent that great.

The xx8 black/electric greens and the black team orange xx9 (both with translucent clear outsoles) were tested by nightwing before and i dont remember he complained about the traction.
Maybe it's the pattern of the outsole.

Last edited:

Don't even bother taking his opinion unless if all you do is jack up contested 3s and literally nothing else

Sort of surprised that NW is ******** on this shoe so much. Seems like before he put them on he wasn't going to give them any chance. I don't know...

I wasn't getting my hopes up when they announced, but Im very happy with them
He hasn't liked a Jordan shoe in a long time

Shared this same sentiment in the M11 thread.

Nightwing plays on a dusty court. What do you expect?!

The Kobe XI after he played in them looked like he was hooping on a construction site.

You from the southbay?

One thing I'll say is no matter how ugly the flagship model is, Jordans' performance is pretty good every year (aside from manufacturer defects like popped air bubbles etc)

I'm not surprised he's dumping on the XXX for a few reasons. One, Brandblack gave him his own special weartesters edition of one of their sneakers. Some people's way of demonstrating brand loyalty is by being immature and  completely on another brands shoe irregardless of the quality of another shoe. IMO, duckwing has taken this route. ALSO, it creates a conflict of interest if your reviewing different brands sneakers and then getting your own sneaker from a particular brand. Two, with him being decently known in the sneaker review community, I've visited his IG & YT pages for reviews only to find him ripping on people and calling them names for not agreeing with every bit of his reviews in comments sections. That's super ridiculous!! Woman is super immature and can't handle someone having a different opinion than herself. Personally, I wont be visiting or looking for any of her reviews on anything ever. And lastly, she's super  hurt over the non change to the midsole. I agree with everyone that it was disappointing. In reality, that shoe got made in 6-8months!!! That's one third the normal time it takes to make a shoe. Its my opinion that with such little time left, Tinker and Mark Smith did an amazing job with said time constraint! Obviously duckwing hasn't herself put much thought or research into the information and small history on this shoe. Duckwing is just not the person to go to for honest reviews. There are many more reviewers whose opinion count more than hers.
you seem upset. Did duckwing hurt your feelings? Referring to him as a female is not only childish, but sexist as well.
From what I remember he had the 29 lows as his best performance shoes from last year, and praised the 28s before that, so I don't think he's as biased as you paint him to be. I don't really care to defend him though, since I don't know the guy, but from what I've seen he seems like a good dude.

tractions depends on the floors/conditions people play on and about how one plays the game. all you can rely on in reviews are the tech specs of the product. everything else is subjective to whoever writes/does the review. 

Back
Top Bottom