Alex Ovechkin Vs. Sidney Crosby... Game 5 tonight on Versus 7:00PM

Caps don't deserve this game....they've played like @*!*

Malkin is on another level than everyone else....

6 power plays in favor of the pens (to one in favor of the caps)...
smh.gif

eek.gif
ovechkin just threw his body into a pen, i couldn't tell who but that was almost real dangerous.

These announcers are $*%%+*% blind on Versus....that interference was clear as day, but yet they thought that the call was on the Caps....

Ovechkin was out there to END Orpik
eek.gif

Gotta love it
pimp.gif

$$$% - lost all the momentum they were carrying for almost 2 whole periods right there at the end... gonna have to dig deep to win this thing, do NOT have agood feeling about it right now though
frown.gif

Glad to see Malkin back, stupid goal to end the regulation. C'mon MAF. I want to get upset about all this, but I made a pact not to get overly upset aboutsports when a team I cheer for wins a championship in the year. Though, I am still really upset about the Frozen Four. I may never get over that.

Haven't watched the NHL in a while. Was an avid fan before the strike.

Decided to watch these playoffs.
One thing is clear. The games are decided by the referees. There are way too many fishy penalties towards the end of games in favor of one team over another.
In virtually every game now there are questionable penalties coming out of nowhere towards the end of games. It wasn't like this before the strike and Iwatched the NHL, especially the playoffs, religiously for years.

I've heard rumors that after the strike the NHL lost a lot of fans ( and I'm bound to believe it because I kind of completely stopped watching afterthat) and if this is the way that they're trying to get more excitement than good luck to them.

Maybe they should call it National Hockey Entertainment and bring Vince McMahon in as commissioner.
laugh.gif

To be honest I don't even think the point can be debated.
Maybe it will be by those that are new to the NHL (fans after the strike) but there are way too many ridiculous/fishy penalty calls towards the end of gamesthat are highly questionable and as a rule (before the strike) less penalties were called in playoff games especially towards the end/close games. The refereesusually let the players just play barring any egregious violence or "dirtiness".

That's a fair point. And yes the NHL lost all its momentum and many fans with the strike. Terrible timing

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

One thing is clear. The games are decided by the referees. There are way too many fishy penalties towards the end of games in favor of one team over another.
In virtually every game now there are questionable penalties coming out of nowhere towards the end of games. It wasn't like this before the strike and I watched the NHL, especially the playoffs, religiously for years.

I've heard rumors that after the strike the NHL lost a lot of fans ( and I'm bound to believe it because I kind of completely stopped watching after that) and if this is the way that they're trying to get more excitement than good luck to them.

Maybe they should call it National Hockey Entertainment and bring Vince McMahon in as commissioner.
laugh.gif

Maybe it will be by those that are new to the NHL (fans after the strike) but there are way too many ridiculous/fishy penalty calls towards the end of games that are highly questionable and as a rule (before the strike) less penalties were called in playoff games especially towards the end/close games. The referees usually let the players just play barring any egregious violence or "dirtiness".
I agree on all counts. But it is what is it, not like there's a better option or like i can turn my back on the pens at this point
laugh.gif

btw, where you have been? haven't seen your name around in a minute.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

In virtually every game now there are questionable penalties coming out of nowhere towards the end of games. It wasn't like this before the strike and I watched the NHL, especially the playoffs, religiously for years.

I've heard rumors that after the strike the NHL lost a lot of fans ( and I'm bound to believe it because I kind of completely stopped watching after that) and if this is the way that they're trying to get more excitement than good luck to them.

laugh.gif

Maybe it will be by those that are new to the NHL (fans after the strike) but there are way too many ridiculous/fishy penalty calls towards the end of games that are highly questionable and as a rule (before the strike) less penalties were called in playoff games especially towards the end/close games. The referees usually let the players just play barring any egregious violence or "dirtiness".
I agree on all counts. But it is what is it, not like there's a better option or like i can turn my back on the pens at this point
laugh.gif

btw, where you have been? haven't seen your name around in a minute.
Was banned for a month for calling someone a "rumdum".
They deserved it though.
laugh.gif

Yeh I see what you mean. This is the only venue for hockey in the US but the fans need to seriously try to put an end to this.
What is this Italian soccer? Rigging games like this?

i don't think the nhl lost fans after the strike, i think they gained. there is more scoring/ scoring chances which was their goal. even though i do agreethe penalties are weak, but there is nothing the nhl can do about it. they are trying to lessen injuries in the sport and open up the ice so itsunderstandable. plus every sport has its flaws, everything can't be ideal

Originally Posted by Numberr97

i don't think the nhl lost fans after the strike, i think they gained. there is more scoring/ scoring chances which was their goal. even though i do agree the penalties are weak, but there is nothing the nhl can do about it. they are trying to lessen injuries in the sport and open up the ice so its understandable. plus every sport has its flaws, everything can't be ideal

They did lose a lot of fans after the strike.
I heard Bettman say speak about it on one of his interviews.

From what I'm seeing regarding the penalties they are def pushing some teams over others and it's mainly because of certain individual players.
Especially a certain player on the Caps.
laugh.gif

They prob view him as the NHL's ticket to becoming more popular. He brings in the money apparently. Lots of it.

Everything can't be ideal but this borders on blatantly rigging games.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

what the hell is a rundum?

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]a stupid or ignorant person.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]drunkard; lush.[/td] [/tr][/table]

I didn't even think it was that bad of a "personal attack".
I was calling him a drunk!
laugh.gif

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!! Huge win boys, great game!!! Let's get another one friday and take this thing back to DC.

smh.gif

Caps played like @%@#...Varly stood on his head all game. Hopefully Bruce makes some key adjustments for the Fri night game. I was hoping for 1/2 from Pitt. 5game winstreak in the playoffs was impressive, but it had to end sometime....

Caps HAVE to crash the net. They are getting too cute w. the puck

Malkin > any other player on the ice tonight

Yeah...he was a +$%$#*! beast. EASILY the most talented player in the NHL....

*just out of curiosity, do any of you think he cherrypicks a little bit? Seems like he is always behind the D, or somewhere along the boards on a breakout fora quick 2 on 1....

Penguins won?
Good for them. They deserved it.

Penalty for interference.
Interference of all things in a 2-1 game with 2:30 left.
ohwell.gif

Completely ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

there is your bounces crafsty

finally... we had 40+ shots tonight, it's about time more than 2 of them found some net.
laugh.gif

I didn't even think it was that bad of a "personal attack".
I was calling him a drunk!
laugh.gif

Never heard that word used before, sounds like an old english insult...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom