Alex Rodriguez To Have Surgery - Out 6-9 Weeks

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Ya know what would probably help him recover faster and make a comeback sooner?............

laugh.gif

i just read that he's not getting surgery, he's opting for rest. supposedly surgery will put him out for 4 months. i also heard that tex is apossibilty to play 3rd and swisher at 1b.

my heart hurts right now .........

Originally Posted by onewearz

i just read that he's not getting surgery, he's opting for rest. supposedly surgery will put him out for 4 months. i also heard that tex is a possibilty to play 3rd and swisher at 1b.

Swisher hasn't played games at 3b?

This is complete BS. This is to avoid a positive test, or he is just coming OFF sterioids this offseason. Therefore, when he comes back smaller, weakers, withless power he can blame it on the surgery or not being able to work out. I cant believe no one is commenting on that.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Originally Posted by onewearz

i just read that he's not getting surgery, he's opting for rest. supposedly surgery will put him out for 4 months. i also heard that tex is a
possibilty to play 3rd and swisher at 1b.

Swisher hasn't played games at 3b?

swisher throws lefthanded , although mattingly did play SS once
laugh.gif

Is it coincidence that he meets with MLB earlier this week and all of a sudden he has hip problems and might be out?
Wasn't Giambi out for a while after his admittance?

i think the yanks should try texiera at 3b, wasnt he originally a 3b when he was coming up?

the bad hip is from madonna, the cyst is from stress and the habitual lying is the only result of PEDs....for now

peds! he prolly thought they said pez and was like 'oh! hook me up!' LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude's a complete flake job.....i cant w8 to get to the PAHK and chant 'nooooo ballls. noooo balls. noooo balls!!!!"...freakin chump him and derekskeetah!!!

You NEED to have surgery, letting something like that linger you tend to overcompensate and there is a risk of injuring yourself even more down the line (andlong term).

Not a smart move to skip surgery, an injured hip affects you laterally and when you swing a bat and you can gain an even larger tear.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You NEED to have surgery, letting something like that linger you tend to overcompensate and there is a risk of injuring yourself even more down the line (and long term).

Not a smart move to skip surgery, an injured hip affects you laterally and when you swing a bat and you can gain an even larger tear.
agreed. that's what mike lowell tried to do last season...didn't work one bit. and it hit the tipping point right when he needed him most.yanks have the talent to play the first half without him, i'd do surgery too.

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

the bad hip is from madonna, the cyst is from stress and the habitual lying is the only result of PEDs....for now

peds! he prolly thought they said pez and was like 'oh! hook me up!' LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude's a complete flake job.....i cant w8 to get to the PAHK and chant 'nooooo ballls. noooo balls. noooo balls!!!!"...freakin chump him and derek skeetah!!!

Why can't you all be like DeadSet..
smh.gif

I was just texting my boy about A-Rod, we both said its sketchy that he isn't going for surgery...What if he's not ready in the month they give him,and it ends up hurting even more, so then hes out for say another month..Then the same thing, and then he decides to go under the knife..Thats 6 months rightthere rather than the 4.

Plus, its no joke to be screwing around with the hips. Thats where all the power comes from.

This has the potential to not end well.

Yea he should do the surgery. Coming from another Red Sox fan its good to know we wont have to deal with him for a while but you never want to see someonethreaten their career. This potentially could effect the rest of his career, he could never be the same again especially since he is going to try to playthrough it and possibly injury himself even more. And to be honest I think this decision may be in part due to Hank Steinbriener (sp?) he just isnt built torun that team like his father but that is another story I just think he may have been there telling arod not to get surgery because he doesnt want to have toanswer questions about a losing team again if you guys do have trouble this season.

Originally Posted by Yoda

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

dude's a complete flake job.....i cant w8 to get to the PAHK and chant 'nooooo ballls. noooo balls. noooo balls!!!!"...freakin chump him and derek skeetah!!!
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I LIVE here...how do you think I feel?
laugh.gif

During football season it's all good, but as soon as they see my fitted...
smh.gif

Deadset and JD are in the minority...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Yoda

celtixhalfshell wrote:

dude's a complete flake job.....i cant w8 to get to the PAHK and chant 'nooooo ballls. noooo balls. noooo balls!!!!"...freakin chump him and
derek skeetah!!!

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I LIVE here...how do you think I feel?
laugh.gif

During football season it's all good, but as soon as they see my fitted...
smh.gif

Deadset and JD are in the minority...
nerd.gif

[Don'tBeaMenaceToSouthCentralWhileDrinkingYourJuiceInTheHood] I feel sorry for you man [/Don'tBeaMenaceToSouthCentralWhileDrinkingYourJuiceInTheHood]

Update on A-Rod from the LoHud Yankees Blog:

UPDATE, 3:17 p.m.: Hal Steinbrenner was just in Joe Girardi's office for a 15-minute meeting with the manager and Brian Cashman.

When he exited a few of us were there to ask him some questions as he walked quickly down the hallway back to his office. Here is how it went:

Question: "Anything new on Alex?"

Steinbrenner: "When we know something, we'll let you know. No decision has been made yet. We're just being cautious."

Question: "What is your level of concern?"

Steinbrenner: "Everybody is concerned. Any time you have a player - particularly one as hard to replace as him - it's a great concern. We're going to take it slow and we're going to be cautious."

There was some more at the end but he was literally walking away as fast as he could.

Meanwhile, Cashman said he has not talked to A-Rod today and has no idea when he will be returning to Tampa. "I have no new information for you," he said several times.

Hals comment about no decision being reached seems significant. It would not surprise me one bit if Alex had surgery on Monday. Stan Javier, the GM of the Dominican team, said that is what Alex told him would happen. So did Alex's half-brother.

I wonder if the Yankees and Cashman are stalling for a day or two to try and make a deal. Then A-Rod gets surgery and everybody moves on, he comes back after the All-Star break, etc.

As accurate information comes in, we will post as quickly as possible.

[Emphasis added]

I guess there won't be the platoon of Cody Ransom and Angel Berroa at 3B then...

No surgery scheduled...for now.
nerd.gif

[h2]http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/03/06/cashman-no-surgery-scheduled-for-a-rod-yet/[/h2]
[h2]Cashman: No surgery scheduled for A-Rod yet[/h2] March 6
Brian Cashman just spoke to the media after getting off a two-hour conference call regarding Alex Rodriguez.

They are discussing all options. As of now, surgery has not been scheduled. But - and this would seem significant - Alex is staying in Colorado for "the foreseeable future."

Said Cashman: "The stiffness is the beginning of the process. Eventually there is going to be pain. … You have to be realistic. We could be on the verge of having an incident. … What's best for him is what's best for us."

UPDATE, 10:12 p.m.: Cashman has not spoken to any teams regarding trades. All his time has been spent trying to determine a course of action with A-Rod.

I don't get the sense that the Yankees are hiding anything. They seem to be making every effort to get as educated as they can on this injury and what is the best thing to do.

I don't get the sense that the Yankees are hiding anything. They seem to be making every effort to get as educated as they can on this injury and what is the best thing to do.

I'm sorry but this is a joke. The Yankees training staff failed on this one, A-Rod had an MRI LAST SEASON and discovered that his hip wasn't normal,but they let it slide and did absolutely nothing about it. They could have easily handed this during the off-season but they wait until a tear and a cistappears? Now he can possibly miss most of the season, or make the mistake of letting him play through it, struggle, and end up getting surgery inAugust/September.

Yankees were def not surprised by this news.

Back
Top Bottom