ALPHAPROJECT's Artwork - Ideas from the Past for the Future

First of all i would like to let you know that i am a very big fan already. I am taking A.P Art right now in my senior year in high school, what courses would be helpful in college to become a designer? Right now I know that a degree in Industrial Art is a must ...but I was wondering if I could get some help from a pro like you? And what tools do you use for your artwork? Thankyou very much!

Just a question... how much of the shading and colouring is done with markers, and how much on the computer?
are you ready for the southtown boom?jah rules mecarth

you're so multitalented. from ideas and imaginations, to the design, to the drawing skills, to the techspeak, all in very good taste. i like the fact that you cover so much, from ajs to trainers, shox, even agassi. everything seems bland now, thanks to you. much props!

Nice work, dog. You make me wanna try to be a shoe designer. I think Nike would love the new tech ideas and look. How old are you ALPHAPROJECT and where did you go to school? You're definitely gonna be makin' the big bucks one day.

amazing
I give you the News with a twist of "just his ghetto point of view"

always love your designs for VC :smile:
smile.gif

Best regards from Beijing.

Nice work, AP! Those designs are great. I liked all your designs. Not only do you have an excellent technique for looks; you also know a lot about function. I'd buy your stuff!

:wow:
eek.gif

OMG, that is amazing!!!!! I can't believe I've been skimming past this thread till now.. please tell me you're working or are planning to work for Nike....

A.P. your skills are great, you have a great imagination,
keep up the excellent work. I'll get lots of inspiration from your designs, to come up with more of my on.

That is just straight up amazing. I would be happy if only one of those shoes came out. Ecstatic if they all did.

ALL HAIL THE KING!!! Damn AP, you done it again. Once and always a fan. I'd wish you luck if you needed it!
Proof that it all starts with your mind and sketching skills. Nice work man!

yo alpha, hit me up. i have some of your stuff thats not in this post, but nowhere to upload it to.

I love Jessica Alba. She's really hot.

Alpha you really should take fila hostage with those great designs and force them to make you ceo and have like half the stock options. Forget nike right now. Look toward Grant Hill and fila. You could do what Tinker Hatfield did for nike. You should be making serious money with fila or there is a problem. Right now just play italian and pretty soon you will be getting $6,000 shower curtains and jet airplanes from fila. take my advice and take over the shoe world. Great work keep it up.

Hey, Alpha's not dead!

LOL

Just a note: a whole bunch of questions were asked throughout pages three and four, and, now that you're back... could you give us some insight?

Sorry, I have ben out of town the last few days... To answer those questions... Most if not all of the coloring is done by hand with prismacolor markers usually, just depends on what I am after. Once the rendering is done, I scan it into photoshop, and then manipulate the background, maybe add a highlight here and there, and adjust the composition. Easy stuff. The computer is just used to put everything together and give it a more exciting look. Hope that helps...

ooooo
from now until infinity let icons be by-gones...

Man... it's a good think you have a job with Fila, or the markers would be putting you in the poorhouse...
Mad skills, man.

Thanks for the answer.

AP-
If you have the time, I had a few questions regarding prismacolor markers. As a 16 year old artist, I had only used colored pencils and paints in the past to color my artwork and/or amateur renderings, but recently i was able to save up and get the $80 set of 24 prismacolors. I was really excited and began practicing with them constantly. The one problem I have is when it comes to blending smoothly, particularly from color to white. I bought the prismacolor blender, which I thought would help, but it only seems to bleach out the color rather than actually smooth the transition between two colors. Are there any tips that you have for smooth overall color layout and blending?
Also, i noticed that you use alot of gray tones in your work. My set did not include any shades of gray, but i saw online that they sell separate sets of grays only. Which set do you consider the most useful? I probably wont be able to afford any for awhile, but when I do get them i want to get the right one.
Thanks alot for your help, you've really helped inspire my interest in pursuing an industrial design degree. As everyone else has said, your ideas rock, i hope that one day i can come close at least in terms or rendering talent if not conceptual skills.

REGGIE MILLER: G.O.A.T.

The greys are very important and help immensley with shading even by laying them over other colors. For 20 bucks you could probably go to a local art store and get a decent range of about 6 different shades. If you can do it, it's a great investment.

I picked me up some prismas too. Got 24 for 40 bucks. I had a 50% off coupon. NOw i have to get me my grays.
You guys have it real easy. I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you. - Blume

yes, you definately need to get some grays. I use the cool gray set, but some people prefer warm greys, just a personal preference really. I never use the prisma blender, that thing sucks, you just have to practice blending your colors. If you want to add white in a colored area, use a white colored pencil to add it in, after you have applied the color. If you want something even brighter, you can use goache, or you can just do it the easy way and scan it into photoshop and burn it with the lollipop tool. I suggest the book Creative Markering Techniques, it will teach you some basics, and give you some good examples for different surfaces. Also, I wouldn't waste my money on those big prisma sets, all you need is a few colors, but you should have a full set of grays...

ooooo
from now until infinity let icons be by-gones...

Back
Top Bottom