Alright so i just got a new macbook...

Anyone have any must do tips and cool things to set this thing up right?
Thanks guys.

How much did you pay for it? I'm using my uncle's iMac right now and this thing is
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I need a Mac in my life

I paid 1100 for a macbook pro and got a free printer/scaner/copier and a itouch ... great deal imo

Originally Posted by hic57999

I paid 1100 for a macbook pro and got a free printer/scaner/copier and a itouch ... great deal imo

same here, except i got it last yr. did u use a student discount?

yes i used my student discount for college. So what are some vital things to do like add ons to firefox or apps?

there is already a mac thread, man im still waiting on my 15inch macbook pro. i paid 2500 for it and fedex lost it last week, now im waiting for thereplacement.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

there is already a mac thread, man im still waiting on my 15inch macbook pro. i paid 2500 for it and fedex lost it last week, now im waiting for the replacement.

eek.gif
eek.gif

If you're big on music downloading get SkipScreen for Firefox
Ad Block Plus is another MUST HAVE add on

Other nice apps:
Burn - Burn music/movie/data disks
Handbrake - Rip movies (back up only of course) to your hard drive (then copy to disk using burn if you're nervous about scratching your original copy)
VLC - Movie playback
CandyBar - Customize your dock and icons (get the trial)
Coversutra - Easy access to iTunes (get the trial)

All are free
happy.gif

Also, feel free to copy the sig!

I just got a Pro yesterday, haha.

The transition from PC to Mac has been a little rocky. I freaked out when I couldn't figure out to how to eject a CD.
laugh.gif

Oh, and get LiteIcon, which allows you to change all your icons. Like Candybar, but free.

I like using Toaster to burn my music and other things.. LiteIcon is cool cause it's free

Originally Posted by retro23phan

there is already a mac thread, man im still waiting on my 15inch macbook pro. i paid 2500 for it and fedex lost it last week, now im waiting for the replacement.
"lost"...someone came up on real nice laptop

Back
Top Bottom