Alright, so we're two weeks into the NBA season, what the hell?!

Originally Posted by franchise3

Houston- Now, let me start off by saying, I'm not impressed.
nerd.gif
Keep sleeping on the Rockets, while they keep winning.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thats fine with me if everyone keeps focusing on SA, PHX, Utah, etc. We'll just keep winning games and prove we're for real by beating those teamsin the upcoming weeks.

^^same song different verse brutha... win a playoff series and peeps will take notice.
This will be the year, or I will denounce my Rockets alligiance and become a Hawks fan.

I mean, yes, until the Rockets win a playoff series it's all for naught, true, but if people are hyping up the Celtics because of what they're doing,even though they haven't played anybody really legit yet, nor it's yet to be seen how that group will fare for the first time in the playoffs together,people shouldn't overlook or downplay what the Rockets are doing, either.

we didnt lose to charlotte, we lost to portland
being a mavs fan you should've known
smh.gif

but damn i never seen a whole novel in 1 post
smh.gif
, not even methodman
laugh.gif

Japan Air 21 about the Nuggets:

The Nuggets need a real PG, they should be an elite team in the West.

ohwell.gif
Should and will are two different things. I highly doubt thiswill be their year, not until they change their coach. I think they have the personnel. A traditional point guard would be nice, but with the people theyhave on their team, they should be winning regardless. We need a coach that is a little more X and O than Karl is. Karl is more of an inspirational,"coach by feel" type of coach, but with the lack of an overall basketball IQ on this squad, we need a coach that can direct them on the court becausethey can't direct themselves. But then, considering the type of personalities we got the squad, we also need a coach that won't direct them too mucheither. This coach'll need to learn when to pick his battles so he won't butt heads with the more animated personalities on this squad. *Sigh* Idon't think such a coach exists
frown.gif
. I need my mommy.

Originally Posted by amel223

Japan Air 21 about the Nuggets:

The Nuggets need a real PG, they should be an elite team in the West.

ohwell.gif
Should and will are two different things. I highly doubt this will be their year, not until they change their coach. I think they have the personnel. A traditional point guard would be nice, but with the people they have on their team, they should be winning regardless. We need a coach that is a little more X and O than Karl is. Karl is more of an inspirational, "coach by feel" type of coach, but with the lack of an overall basketball IQ on this squad, we need a coach that can direct them on the court because they can't direct themselves. But then, considering the type of personalities we got the squad, we also need a coach that won't direct them too much either. This coach'll need to learn when to pick his battles so he won't butt heads with the more animated personalities on this squad. *Sigh* I don't think such a coach exists
frown.gif
. I need my mommy.

I agree.

Denver has the firepower, but, I don't see them doing much damage, honestly.

Rockets played tough for 44 minutes and then let the game slip away.
Can we please get away from this, a win is a win, a lost is a lost. Doesn't matter if we played 47.9 minutes. Rockets lost and I dont evenrecall Dallas having all their players. Im as big of a rockets fan as the next but im getting tired of this excuse. Thats like saying bobcats are better causethey were leading until the FINAL MINUTE of last nights game. Let Dallas, Spurs, Suns, and I'm guessing Utah now have all the shine. Rockets fan should bethe way we always been, fly under the radar. Dont let the hype machine get to us. Go rockets. Though I would love 7-0, 6-1 is fine by me. The true test isthese next couple of days.

Memphis- Well, I thought they had some potential, but they haven't started off things too well. Pau isn't doing too well, but what the hell... WHY ISN'T MIKE MILLER SHOOTING MORE. He's money, he was on the USA team, no excuse, they should let this dude shoot. They also need to solve their PG issue, let either Lowry or Damon take over the PG situation.

i have given up on gasol. i am now ready to confidently announce gay as the face of the franchise.

i 100% agree with mm33 shooting more. he's been reluctant to pull for some reason. i think it has something to do with coach i wanting him to get the bigguys involved. i say f that, let mike make it rain.

interestingly enough, majority of grizzly fans are calling for conley to be the starting point. i don't support that nor would i be against it. mightymouse hasn't shown anything so far, besides the fact he can shoot. lowry has looked good, but he's not a pure point. he rarely gets others involved,and is always going at a full blast.

basically, the only bright spot has been rudy. he's a freak!
eek.gif
i hopehe's invited to participate in the dunk contest this yr. i guarantee he would put on a show.

I appreciate the article but don't you think 5 games in is a little to early to judge a team with in depth analysis

I didn't mean to go so in-depth, but I wanted to address some of the surprises early on in the season, the Clippers, Pacers, Hornets all doing well,Gilbert dissapearing, etc.

And just as I said, Rockets fans are never pleased..
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, I know the Rockets beat both the Jazz and the Spurs, but no one team has really been impressive outside of Yao and T-Mac, and EVEN T-mac isn'tshooting great.

Reasoning why the Spurs are ahead of them, they have the same exact record, and they won the championship, enough said.

Reason why I put the Jazz ahead of the Rockets... Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, and AK47 are all playing well and consistant through the first few games. Yes,it's early in the season and maybe the Rockets aren't adjusted to the new offense yet, but that's why this is an early-season-assessment, I'mnot saying this is how I think the standings will stay, it's just a grade thus far.

Hell, I put the Mavericks sixth, they're not playing well, but playing with injuries, but still they havne't played like the best of teams so far, andthey're adjusting to teams, teams aren't adjusting to them, they got work to do.

damn this was a long post. this man def has something against Bosh and the Rockets. Damn Suns fans.

you cant really say anything about any team just from reading Stats and Sportscenter.. i know damn well you dont watch all the games that are on.. ..

so that's what happened to the dead sea scrolls
laugh.gif

i don't think that it was really that far fetched to believe that kaman would step up in EB's absence. the only thing that surprised me about kaman isthat he doesn't look like a serial killer this year

Damn.. You got a lot of time on your hands. I'm going to hire you to be a sports writer for my sports website thats comin out....lol

Props though.. good indepth analysis

I can support it. right on with the atlanta pg situation. nice addition to the NBA season.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I didn't mean to go so in-depth, but I wanted to address some of the surprises early on in the season, the Clippers, Pacers, Hornets all doing well, Gilbert dissapearing, etc.

And just as I said, Rockets fans are never pleased..
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, I know the Rockets beat both the Jazz and the Spurs, but no one team has really been impressive outside of Yao and T-Mac, and EVEN T-mac isn't shooting great.

Reasoning why the Spurs are ahead of them, they have the same exact record, and they won the championship, enough said.

Reason why I put the Jazz ahead of the Rockets... Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, and AK47 are all playing well and consistant through the first few games. Yes, it's early in the season and maybe the Rockets aren't adjusted to the new offense yet, but that's why this is an early-season-assessment, I'm not saying this is how I think the standings will stay, it's just a grade thus far.

and with all that said, you still don't like the Rockets. Biased? of course!
laugh.gif

We beat those 2 well playing teams you put in front of us with our flawed, unimpressive team that's sub-par.
laugh.gif

It's whatever though.That's your opinion and you spent some time writing it so I'll respect it.

damn this was a long post. this man def has something against Bosh and the Rockets. Damn Suns fans. [/qute]

laugh.gif
suns fans? I have nothing against Bosh, but he has been underachieving this season. THe Rockets are playing well but not shooting well.

you cant really say anything about any team just from reading Stats and Sportscenter.. i know damn well you dont watch all the games that are on.. ..

Do you REALLY know that?
wink.gif
I have League Pass, and I watch as much NBA as I can.

don't think that it was really that far fetched to believe that kaman would step up in EB's absence. the only thing that surprised me about kaman is that he doesn't look like a serial killer this year

He handed the crown to Robert Swift
laugh.gif

PH3N0M3N0N

Nah man, I don't hate the Rockets, I'm critical on them yes, but I don't know how you can call me biased when I put my team sixth overall, I justthink the Jazz are playing better overall, as well as the Spurs, yes the Rockets beat them, but one game doesn't prove your better overall for a season.Chill man, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying it's my opinion..
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom