Alright, so we're two weeks into the NBA season, what the hell?!

Spurs at no. 1?? Mark my words. They will not win at least 60 games this year. If you haven't notice, they're not the best team. Mavs will have thebest record. Spurs fan should thank Golden State for doing the dirty work because Mavs would beat the Spurs in the playoff.

I would put Rockets no. 1 if they have decent point guard or a 3rd option scorer.

Which magazine is this going to be published in?

I'll be back to read about the Western Conference.
laugh.gif

you going to write another recap tomorrow? blame it on Gil's knees...

i think you torched the record for emoticons used on one post...

The Spurs are a playoff team. They pace themselves throughout the regular season and win when it counts...unlike the Mavs.

laugh.gif
, naw, I'll probably do one after 6 weeks, or wait till mid-season, or wait tillASG maybe.

The Spurs are a playoff team. They pace themselves throughout the regular season and win when it counts...unlike the Mavs.

It sucks that all of our (the Mavericks) past achievements (beating the Spurs and Suns in the same playoff year), are now diminished because we lost to theWarriors..
frown.gif

Well i just read everything, and i think Rockets should be #1 right now. We beat both SA and Utah. Even if noone out side of Yao and Tracy are playing well, westill are 6-1

houston is playing at 70% potential as the team is struggling MIGHTILY (hell worse than under JVG right now) on offense and we're still 6-1.

i think the main thing is the offensive rebounding. unlike JVG, adelman does not tell his players to run back after a shot to prevent the transition offense ofthe opposing team but stay and try to rebound.

as the team gets better w/ the offense, this team will be ridiculously good.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Holy !*#*! Son, were you up all night typing this??
laugh.gif

I can't wait to tackle this thread later.

ROFL! no doubt. I'm like reading, reading, reading, slowly falling asleep. Then he hits me with "Now onto the Western Conference."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I scrolled down and just saw a a sea of
eek.gif
and
laugh.gif
and just the lakers part
pimp.gif

Alright, each win hasn't been too convincing, the win over the Lakers could have went either way, and honestly the game with Charolette was based on onecall, If you want to be a #1 seed you shut out teams like Charolette, don't give them a chance.

Utah has been kicking some+!+*, other than the loss to Houston and the loss to the Lakers (Kobe was hot [and Kobe had all those trade rumors against Houston intheir game, if he would have played anywhere where how he played in Utah, the Rockets would have lost htat game, he wasn't focused]), the Jazz have beenplaying very well, as a team. Ronnie Brewer, Boozer, AK47, and Deron are all playing well.

San Antonio is pretty self-explanatory, they're beating teams in much better fashion, and they're KILLING teams they're supposed to beat(sacramento, Miami, New Orleans, and Milwaukee).

Like I said, I'm entitled my opinion aren't I?
laugh.gif

Also, big smilies = overrated.

I agree about Orlando being a bit of a surprise. I've always been a big fan of Rashard. But I thought he'd take a small step back this year. Glad tosee that he's absolutely killing it from downtown so far.

C's I'm not surprised by at all.
laugh.gif

I was one of the few who didn't think they'd need any time to adjust. I mean, you have 3 of the most selfless players on one team. It's beautifulwatching them play. KG is shutting everyone up too. Like I've always said, surround him with some GOOD players and he'll do well. Surround him with aGREAT player (or 2 in this case) and he's going to a CF at the very least.

The Nets? Again, I'm not surprised. I have them (along with the Raps OR the C's) in the CF vs the Heat. RJ is one of my favorite players in the L. Alllast year I'm steady arguing on his behalf with dudes on here swearing that he's nada w/o Kidd.
smh.gif

Yeah ok.
laugh.gif

And Kidd > Nash in MY opinion. Add Vince to the mix. Plus a returning Nenad. How some 'experts' pick them to finish out of the playoffs is beyondme.

Cleveland needs a trade for another scorer or big man (JO?) or 2 guard or they go NOWHERE.

Atlanta: look out in 08-09. Joe is turning out to be a hell of a signing. His game is better than anything I ever saw from him in Phx.

Pacers need to get rid of JO and finally give the keys to Granger. Son is a problem. Game is smooth. And his potential is crazy. Imo, whoever gets JO will onlyhave 1 or 2 good years TOPS out of him. That's why it has to be a team who's right on the verge of getting into the Finals. Cle is the only team I seeable to do it. Every other team has a better player at the 4/5 position already (Booz/Utah, Spurs/Tim, Suns/Marion/STAT, Mavs/Dirk, Magic/Dwight, Raps/Bosh,etc). The only other team would be Chi. But no way Indy trades JO to a team in the same division.

Sixers... I'm disappointed in Dre (Miller). I can't believe dude led the L in assists with over 10 a game one year. He looks totally disinterested now.
Oh, and JA21, Evans has ALWAYS been an excellent rebounder (rp48m).

Knicks? No comment. I personally have been saying that Z Bo/Curry won't/can't work. And they proved me wrong early. But I still think they can't doit over an entire season together. And now injuries and turmoil have hit them.
smh.gif

Anyway JA, I'm not really trying to type up a thesis like you.
laugh.gif

I just wanted to make some random comments in the same style format that you did. I mean, I didn't even do ALL of the EC. And forget about me typing upsome WC notes!
laugh.gif

You're easily one of the people I can relate to on this board cuz you're a diehard hoops fan like me. I don't have LP this year, but I DVR allKnicks/Nets games, watch all ESPN/TNT games, all games that dummy links up on-line (props to him on the real!), AND catch the highlights on NBA TV Daily.
laugh.gif

It's gonna be hell for me when College REALLY gets into gear.
eek.gif
sick.gif

Anyway, great post man.

Cleveland needs a trade for another scorer or big man (JO?) or 2 guard or they go NOWHERE.

Although I agree that they do need another primary scorer, I whole-heartedly disagree that they need another big man. Big Z and Drew Gooden compliment LeBronwell. Also,
Sixers... I'm disappointed in Dre (Miller). I can't believe dude led the L in assists with over 10 a game one year. He looks totally disinterested now.
Dude is a complete dissapointment since reaching Philly... The entire Philly team is lackluster this year (yes, even Iguodala).
You're easily one of the people I can relate to on this board cuz you're a diehard hoops fan like me.
Yeah, most people don't agree with me because I'm critical on just about every team in the L (word to GSW fans..
wink.gif
laugh.gif
)... But I loveBasketball..
laugh.gif
And yeah, College has been
sick.gif
so far.

Sir, next time watch the games before commentating on stuff you don't know. Big Z>>>>>>>>>>>>>.JO

Nah, ya'll are misinterpreting what I'm saying.

Z has been BALLING so far. And so has Drew. But don't you guys think that Drew would be better suited coming off the bench?

I mean, Cleveland's main big man off the bench is Ludacris (Donyell)!
laugh.gif

And anyone that the Cavs might run into in the playoffs, (Boston/KG, Toronto/Bosh, Detroit/Sheed/Max/etc, Orlando/Dwight, Miami/Shaq) would abuse Drew as faras I'm concerned.

JO matches up better with all of those guys and would really put Cleveland over the hump. But they don't really have anyone to trade for Jermaine.

JO matches up better with all of those guys and would really put Cleveland over the hump. But they don't really have anyone to trade for Jermaine.

I already took that into consideration, the only possible thing they could throw out is Larry Hughes, but I don't see why they would want Larry, that manis such a dissapointment.

In my opinion, if they have another scorer, they'd be much more of a threat than if they had another good big man (and like you said, lets face it, JO onlyhave a few good valuable years remaining).

Back
Top Bottom