Alt-White Rally: Charlottesville, VA

spot on

ppl like what obama represented moreso than anything he actually did

even just public proposing some type of police reform bill would have started the conversation

He did propose and push for criminal justice reform legislation though. But they were too busy being obstuctionists and calling him a Muslim to act on it. I'm convinced more and more people don't have any idea how the government works. You can't wave a magic wand and get everything approved. He'll Trump is showing that and he has the entire government party "with" him.

Last edited:
He did propose and push for criminal justice reform legislation though. But they were too busy being obstuctionists and calling him a Muslim to act on it. I'm convinced more and more people don't have any idea how the government works. You can't waive a magic wand and get everything approved. He'll Trump is showing that and he has the entire government party "with" him.

I'm legitimately unaware of this. What did he propose?

He did propose and push for criminal justice reform legislation though. But they were too busy being obstuctionists and calling him a Muslim to act on it. I'm convinced more and more people don't have any idea how the government works. You can't waive a magic wand and get everything approved. He'll Trump is showing that and he has the entire government party "with" him.

Fear of the Black President by Coates spoke about this perfectly.

Coates is someone during the first term that constantly felt frustrated and Obama's rhetoric on race issues in the country,especially given his pre-presidency writing and record. Then Trayvon Martin got killed. And accurately points out that for a few moments, it was seen as a national tragedy even to many on the right. Many offered sympathy the family and Zimmerman was seen as an over zealous racist.

Then Obama spoke and offered sympathy for Martin's family and said the infamous "my son would look like Trayvon...."

And overnight is became a heated political issue, those people on the right instantly changed their stance.

Coates in that article and his following writing, why still criticizing the president a lot, acknowledges that everything he touches turns into a partisan issue. Cut on political and racial lines. Everything. In an interview with Erza Klein about his Reparations article, Coates said he first felt that it would be a great idea if Obama proposed quantifying how much was owed to the black community. Then he quickly changed his mind and realized in was a horrible idea, it would kill the proposal instantly.

It is almost scary to look at how make policies the right abandon because Obama started supporting them, and how many dog whistles they use to talk down policies they once supported. Hell it was not only about slowing progress, these fools are trying to roll back Civil Rights Era legislation too.

Fear of the Black President by Coates spoke about this perfectly.

Coates is someone during the first term that constantly felt frustrated and Obama's rhetoric on race issues in the country,especially given his pre-presidency writing and record. Then Trayvon Martin got killed. And accurately points out that for a few moments, it was seen as a national tragedy even to many on the right. Many offered sympathy the family and Zimmerman was seen as an over zealous racist.

Then Obama spoke and offered sympathy for Martin's family and said the infamous "my son would look like Trayvon...."

And overnight is became a heated political issue, those people on the right instantly changed their stance.

Coates in that article and his following writing, why still criticizing the president a lot, acknowledges that everything he touches turns into a partisan issue. Cut on political and racial lines. Everything.

It is almost scary to look at how make policies the right abandon because Obama started supporting them, and how many dog whistles they use to talk down policies they once supported. Hell it was not only about slowing progress, these fools are trying to roll back Civil Rights Era legislation too.

This is absolutely the case. That Trayvon thing triggered them so much. Called him a race biter and everything. And him actually getting the DOJ to expose some of these police departments by conducting investigations, curtailing the for profit prison complex, etc. All are trying to be or already have been undone by the current administration. I can almost 100% say that wouldn't have been the case had Hillary been elected, there was specific policy to continue and even expand upon the work Obama was trying to do.

Again I am against violence..............but I understand

Funny thing is that the Trump Era is allowing bigots to expose themselves, but also bringing the real one out the woodwork.

From talking to my friends, and going to local events, some progressive white folk have just had it with racist.

Even I gotta tell them people around me to chill. Like a dude from work legit floated the idea of guerilla warfare to fight against Trump. I told ole boy to chill, you drive a Prius and his place is filled with Ikea furniture, you ain't built for that type of life.

ABM20.png

This is absolutely the case. That Trayvon thing triggered them so much. Called him a race biter and everything. And him actually getting the DOJ to expose some of these police departments by conducting investigations, curtailing the for profit prison complex, etc. All are trying to be or already have been undone by the current administration. I can almost 100% say that wouldn't have been the case had Hillary been elected, there was specific policy to continue and even expand upon the work Obama was trying to do.
At the end of the day, until Congress is captured with a super-majority (maybe not if the Turtle gets desperate), then any progress on good president can make will be undone.

The Supreme court might already be lost for generation anyway. Smh.

The ESPN comment section on anything regarding Marshawn Lynch peacefully protesting :sick:

It doesn't have to for things to get better. Let "those" states secede from the USA. I think USA will be fine without em.

They're everywhere in every state fam. They've just been emboldened to come out from under their bed sheets/ghost costumes.

It doesn't have to for things to get better. Let "those" states secede from the USA. I think USA will be fine without em.

Most black people in America live in deep red states. I don't want my people isolated even more than they are now.

Plus, every state has a rural area, and those places are just as backwards as anywhere else in America

Again I am against violence..............but I understand

Funny thing is that the Trump Era is allowing bigots to expose themselves, but also bringing the real one out the woodwork.

From talking to my friends, and going to local events, some progressive white folk have just had it with racist.

Even I gotta tell them people around me to chill. Like a dude from work legit floated the idea of guerilla warfare to fight against Trump. I told ole boy to chill, you drive a Prius and his place is filled with Ikea furniture, you ain't built for that type of life.

Damn Larry Davids bout that life

Back
Top Bottom