Am I along thinking/feeling this? Vol family

The quote "blood is thicker than water" is always misinterpreted.

The actual quote is
"The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.”

I would hope you try to find a way to accept them if they are reaching out to include you based on love.

If love ain’t involved than I feel you. Keep your distance.

But also understand not all people are like you or raised like you. If you know better than them. Then teach them. Influence them about their behavior and try to get it right.

It doesn’t feel like love. My sister especially, always asking for money. I’m just a wallet to her

With my brother I actually tried more than once to chill with this dude. My grandmother was like please try and talk to him or chill with him (he was doing a lot of street stuff) but I guess he just doesn’t care either. But hey like i said, no biggie to me

Keep rollin, sounds like you living right. There is power in positive thinking

just cause you are blood doesn't mean you are fam
just cause you aint blood doesn't mean you aren't fam

Op, if you didn't care about your relationship with your fam then you wouldn't have made this thread. You're at an age where you are coming into yourself and that includes evaluating how you relate to people. Let it be known what you want/need from each relationship, if it doesn't work out then you have to make a decision.

My dad was calling me often for the past 2.5 months

He called today but I ain’t pick up since I work and I can’t use my phone

He left me a voicemail cursin me out and saying I don’t have to talk to him. People been reaching out to me but I don’t respond. Not sure what he means by that.

Anyways I just texted this to him. I’m tired of it tbh and figured I’d just dead it once and for all
A39814C0-D80B-41F4-8587-6F299DC758F1.jpeg

Just cause people are blood (gang gang lol) don't mean they family.

Go about your life. A lot of times people make the excuse to someone in your shoes "what if they die? What if you need someone?"
Do you rely on them now, have you ever relied on them, have they ever shown they could be relied upon? If the answer is no, then why sweat it. the only reason you feel any kind of way cause "we suppose to be family." They aint acting like family, so don't invest no time.

You did the right thing by cutting your Dad off. Your grown and he needs to respect that or step to the side. Keep doing your thing, livin your life, etc.

When pops decides to come at you humbly and respectfully you can be open to hear him out but until don't give him any energy.

My dad was calling me often for the past 2.5 months

He called today but I ain’t pick up since I work and I can’t use my phone

He left me a voicemail cursin me out and saying I don’t have to talk to him. People been reaching out to me but I don’t respond. Not sure what he means by that.

Anyways I just texted this to him. I’m tired of it tbh and figured I’d just dead it once and for all
A39814C0-D80B-41F4-8587-6F299DC758F1.jpeg

Forget that man... sometimes you just have to let it out and let it be known, family or not.

Family can be so frustrating sometimes... trust I know, and it be over the stupidest nonsense too :smh:

Am I alone in thinking this? Vol family

Kinda a long read

I grew up with my moms. Dad wasn’t around much if at all. Only people I’m really cool with on his side of the fam is my grandma and grandad. I visit them often

My dad was always in the streets and because of that he missed out on a lot. He tries to reach out but I’m over it. Been over it for years. Don’t see the point in us ever talking again

He has 2 kids besides me. My brother is a younger version of him (he’s 20 now but I️ met him for the first time in 2006). In trouble and whatnot. Back when I worked at the gym he would hit me up saying that he wants to get brolic and we should lift together. It’ll be our way of bonding so I’m like cool. We went 2 times then he stops and starts flaking and ignoring me. Cool.

Then recently he’s talking smack cause he visits our granddad (he has health issues, but I go more than anyone. Always have). This dude is rubbing it in my face and saying how they want to LET me in the family....wtf? That rubbed me the wrong way

My sister (22 I️ think) would always hit me up for money. Like that’s all u think of me? A bank? She had a baby last year and her son turned 1 a week ago. We never had a relationship like that, but she didn’t inv me to the baby shower. I still haven’t seen this kid and it’s been a year. Granted I really don’t care. But I hear she’s mad at me cause I haven’t reached out to see my nephew

But it’s like, look at how you talk to me. Only when you want something. And I don’t play that. We didn’t ever really talk like that but why would I️ when you always want money from me?

I feel that just cause we family don’t mean I have to **** **** with you. I don’t care who you are. We share blood, but that doesn’t mean I have to talk to you

But like my aunt (dads sister) would always be like oh I spoke to your dad. He said call him. But she knows the situation...why would you even want me to call him? I don’t wanna

We work together as well, and she’s like your sister is mad at you cause you don’t come around and stuff. My grandmother is like you need to talk to your sister and see your nephew. But why?

Just we family I have to speak to these people? I’m 26 and wouldn’t care if I never spoke to them and my sisters kid for the rest of my life

What do you guys think? Am I alone thinking that I don’t have to speak to these people, regardless if we’re related?

Maybe just put the BS a side and be the better person and go see them once in a while but don’t give them money or anything. Just stay in touch.

My sister hit me up this morning. Basically saying **** you. I was only playing when i asked you for money (yeah right). She went on to say that she’s tried to reach out for a relationship but I didn’t give her the time of day. I laughed at it and kept it pushing. My dad told her what I said that’s why

I’m just waiting on my brother to text me now

Just cause people are blood (gang gang lol) don't mean they family.

Go about your life. A lot of times people make the excuse to someone in your shoes "what if they die? What if you need someone?"
Do you rely on them now, have you ever relied on them, have they ever shown they could be relied upon? If the answer is no, then why sweat it. the only reason you feel any kind of way cause "we suppose to be family." They aint acting like family, so don't invest no time.

I don’t rely on them at all. Ever in the slightest

People (especially family) hate when you don’t need them for anything. Treat them with a long handled spoon, I’m the type who will cut off anyone, especially if you’re leaching. Don’t care if you’re family or not.

I’ve cut off my dad also, but again, when you don’t “need” people, that makes them more infuriated. Keep your social circle full of upstanding, and accountable people.

One thing I dislike, are adults who are not accountable. Your sister has a whole baby father out here, and acting a fool with you? SMH.

And lil bro better learn that them streets don’t care about NOBODY. He’ll find out either the hard way, or come to his senses.

People (especially family) hate when you don’t need them for anything. Treat them with a long handled spoon, I’m the type who will cut off anyone, especially if you’re leaching. Don’t care if you’re family or not.

I’ve cut off my dad also, but again, when you don’t “need” people, that makes them more infuriated. Keep your social circle full of upstanding, and accountable people.

One thing I dislike, are adults who are not accountable. Your sister has a whole baby father out here, and acting a fool with you? SMH.

And lil bro better learn that them streets don’t care about NOBODY. He’ll find out either the hard way, or come to his senses.

Dam man that’s straight facts about how I feel

Goodlookin fam

Apparently we share a common plasma so the growing disconnection doesn't matter
According to the blood and water chapter
Weird, who wrote the blood and water chapter anyway?
Probably some surly dad, only child, 30 cats
Looking for a way to reconnect with an averted past
Except it doesn't always work like that...

You did the right thing, OP.

Good for you.

Im in a simimilar situation as you op except my older half siblings never wanted a relationship with me as i was growing up so now im a grown man i pretend they dont exist (im sure tjey feel the same way). My youngest half bro i took under my wing when he was younger but because he was conatantly flaking on me i had to cut him off for many years until i ran into him on the street. Now im just cool with him from a distance. Pops situation is complicated but i dont stress it. Just do you and dont let any family members ask you to make connections that make you feel uncomfortable. Your sister is foul for asking you for bread and acting that way.

Back
Top Bottom