Am I in the wrong here?

Maybe you should have told her in advance that way she could have cooked for you instead so that way yall could have been together and watched the game...or taken you to like espn zone or something. id be pissed too since she already made the reservations. You are in the wrong because QT with someone you care for should be a little higher on the totem pole as oppose to a game you can record and still watch.

even if you did have to break out the vcr...

jussayin

Maybe you should have told her in advance that way she could have cooked for you instead so that way yall could have been together and watched the game...or taken you to like espn zone or something. id be pissed too since she already made the reservations. You are in the wrong because QT with someone you care for should be a little higher on the totem pole as oppose to a game you can record and still watch.

jussayin

im right there with you ... i HATE surprises ... i also hate going out and wasting money which is why i bought a big screen TV ...

ultimately, she should respect your wishes and want you to be doing what you want to do on your birthday ... tell her it would mean more to you if she cooked you dinner (or got your favorite carry out) while you were watching the game ...

you have to learn how to frame the argument ... "babe, it means more to me when we dont have to go out for elaborate dinners to make each other happy" ...

You are definitely in the wrong. Appreciate what she's done and enjoy the dinner with her. The game is not a bigger deal than your relationship, is it?

Why are you guys taking the girlfriend into consideration before the birthday boy? That makes absolutely NO sense to me. What about his feelings/wants?

im right there with you ... i HATE surprises ... i also hate going out and wasting money which is why i bought a big screen TV ...

ultimately, she should respect your wishes and want you to be doing what you want to do on your birthday ... tell her it would mean more to you if she cooked you dinner (or got your favorite carry out) while you were watching the game ...

you have to learn how to frame the argument ... "babe, it means more to me when we dont have to go out for elaborate dinners to make each other happy" ...

Why are you guys taking the girlfriend into consideration before the birthday boy? That makes absolutely NO sense to me. What about his feelings/wants?

You are definitely in the wrong. Appreciate what she's done and enjoy the dinner with her. The game is not a bigger deal than your relationship, is it?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

And I highly doubt the place she reserved has TVs...

compromise and be like i want to go to dinner with you but can we go to a place with TV's ?? (a lot of nice restaurants have TVs now.)

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

And I highly doubt the place she reserved has TVs...

compromise and be like i want to go to dinner with you but can we go to a place with TV's ?? (a lot of nice restaurants have TVs now.)

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

jussayin
So what? Reservations? Big deal. The GF should see the bigger picture.. It's his freaking birthday. Not hers.. She should take the high road on this one and suck it up and let him watch the game. /thread.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

jussayin
So what? Reservations? Big deal. The GF should see the bigger picture.. It's his freaking birthday. Not hers.. She should take the high road on this one and suck it up and let him watch the game. /thread.

Back
Top Bottom