Am I the only person that loves the bookstore?

My apartment is starting to look like a book store
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

mytmouse76 wrote:

Edit: Concerning the naked woman comment and the following "
pimp.gif
", aren't you straight...?

no i'm not...
Hi, I'm popcornplaya. I'm currently a freshman in college and am an international athlete.

Can I interest you in dinner and a movie?

what is an international athlete?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

pimp.gif

no i'm not...
Hi, I'm popcornplaya. I'm currently a freshman in college and I'm an international athlete.

its always appreciated when a female likes to read. i find it lowkey attractive. a few of my ex's loved to read, so for xmas either my mom or myself would get them a book to read. with my last ex, you wouldnt think she was a reader by her mentality (she was a hood chick) but she loved books. she nearly fainted when i took her to this bookstore in our city that she never knew about. she was even starting to write a book, about her life.

when that precious movie was about to come out, i was going to get her the book to read. then once the movie came out i was going to take her to see it. too bad im not a reader anymore
tired.gif

man Barnes & Noble is my favorite place to be.. I love spending my Saturdays there! I drag my bf and my couzins and I make them stay there for hours..
laugh.gif
a B&N day= fun for me
smile.gif

mytmouse76 wrote:

pimp.gif

no i'm not...
Hi, I'm popcornplaya. I'm currently a freshman in college and am an international athlete.

what is an international athlete?
Played against a team representing another part of the world. I can't travel outside the U.S. because I have yet to get a passport. Which is my own fault, and should be changing fairly soon.

I've only played in one international game, but I've been invited to play again in the upcoming season.

I read for leisure fairly often (50 or so books a year for personal reading) and I find libraries much more valuable than the big book store chains.  Point blank: the selection sucks.  Muffins occupy more shelf space than social science books.  The same is largely true for many other categories: cultural studies, policy, communication/linguistics, etc.  It's like being a sneaker fan and going to a big box sporting goods store.

I'm still a fan of used / specialty bookstores in many cases, and you could lock me inside Powell's in Portland for a year like Biosphere 2, but BN et al. are borderline worthless. 

If you're content to pay a premium for bestsellers, go nuts.  If you're in to disposable novels, magazines, and/or picture books, it's fun to browse.  Otherwise, you're far better off hitting the library and going online for new releases. 

Ive been going to books a million and b & n a lot to get some Manga and magazines, I went to this bookstore connected to a Uajimaya  (Asian grocery store) in Seattle and it had alot of Japanese only Nike/BAPE magazines and just straight Asian stuff.
pimp.gif
cant wait till i go back.

Hell yea I love the bookstore. Its something I def picked up from my dad. As a kid I used to hate seeing the bookstore in the mall knowing he would go in there and read for hours. Now I do the same @%+, prob pissing people off too, lol.

Originally Posted by Method Man

I read for leisure fairly often (50 or so books a year for personal reading) and I find libraries much more valuable than the big book store chains.  Point blank: the selection sucks.  Muffins occupy more shelf space than social science books.  The same is largely true for many other categories: cultural studies, policy, communication/linguistics, etc.  It's like being a sneaker fan and going to a big box sporting goods store.

I'm still a fan of used / specialty bookstores in many cases, and you could lock me inside Powell's in Portland for a year like Biosphere 2, but BN et al. are borderline worthless. 

If you're content to pay a premium for bestsellers, go nuts.  If you're in to disposable novels, magazines, and/or picture books, it's fun to browse.  Otherwise, you're far better off hitting the library and going online for new releases. 

i have finally arrived...Meth has posted in a thread i started...

i like to own my stuff...movies books etc...so i dont care much for the library unless its research...i owe the school about 100 and the city 26 in fines for overdue books
laugh.gif

i dont mind used books i just never go in them...

I do my regular visits. The local B&N is older so it's small. But the new one is 3 story high.

I usually browse the usual mags to see if they're worthy of buying...GQ, Mens Health, Esquire, INC, etc.

If time permits, I'll hit other sections to check for books. I don't buy them on the spot though. I come back home to check the reviews on them, if they're decent...I'll go back to buy.

I also dislike Borders for some reason.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Method Man

i have finally arrived...Meth has posted in a thread i started...

i like to own my stuff...movies books etc...so i dont care much for the library unless its research...i owe the school about 100 and the city 26 in fines for overdue books
laugh.gif

i dont mind used books i just never go in them...

Same, for collectors the question is: To keep the jackets on or not?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

pimp.gif
I love going to Borders.

indifferent.gif

embarassed.gif
frown.gif

I was wondering why you stone faced me, then I read your initial post.
Sorry!!! I didn't mean it like that.
laugh.gif

Barnes and Nobles is cool too! I just like Borders because of their coupons! 40% off FTW!

I like supporting local bookstores...

But unfortunatly the sentiment "If you want to hide something from a N, put in a book," is more true than ever and I am talking about all ethnicities and cultures not just African-Americans. People has zero interest in knowledge anymore.

I was hoping Ms. 76_2 this thread would provide pictures of your cleavage....um

Working in a cafe in a bookstore...I've learned people that enjoy books & coffee are !$%%%+@ crazy.

Back
Top Bottom