Amazon ships 500 copies of Lil Wayne's Rebirth by accident

[h1]Amazon Leaks Lil Wayne'sRebirth[/h1]
Accidentally ships 500 copies early. Oops.
rebirth__.jpg

Somebody is so fired. After six different release date changes, Rebirth, Lil Wayne's forthcoming rock album, isn't due in stores until February 1. But the album is now out there in the world, thanks to Amazon.com.

Billboard reports that the online retail giant mistakenly sent 500 copies of the CD to customers who had pre-ordered it. A "shipping mishap" was the reason for the early leak, which caused Rebirth to show up in mailboxes this past Monday.
According to Billboard, Universal MusicGroup Distribution, Cash Money Records' distributor,manufactured about a million copies of the Rebirth CD before the release date was pushed back again. A third of those went to retailers. UMGD sent out word that the CDs needed to be returned, but Amazon still somehow managed to mail out those 500copies. Nice work, everyone. High fives all around.

Billboard notes that the version of Rebirth that shipped may not be the final version. So if you were lucky enough to get one of those 500copies of the album, you may want to keep it in its shrinkwrap and sell it on eBay in a few months.

Shockingly enough, Rebirth is no longer available for Amazon pre-order.
Posted by Tom Breihan on December 16, 2009 at 12:25 p.m.

I'm surprised it aint leak yesterday, some fools were playing the whole album on ustream!

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

eek.gif

that album will be all over the web by weeks end

I guess we'll be able to see how someone else sells after their product is leaked a month or 2 before it released...

Interesting. Well unlike that other guy's situation at least we know that this was done by accident.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

eek.gif

I guess we'll be able to see how someone else sells after their product is leaked a month or 2 before it released...

welllll

wait so the album was completed anyway?

why push it back? everyone know's Wayne is on his "Rockstar" steez...

Everyone knows Weezy was dropping "Rebirth" for a year or so now.

He still gonna do
eek.gif
numbers, so drop already, no need to push back the album till February, people were anticipating the release dates....

eek.gif

Meh.

Wayne still gon' do his numbers.

Damn I wonder if Wayne will take any legal actions? I am not saying that I don't believe the story but the album would have leaked a week or two ago whenthe cd was being made in a factory.

wow so this is his solo? I feel like an old white man cause I didnt even kno he had a solo coming thought he head a group album

Do remember the album hasn't dropped because none of the singles took off... It was NEVER a matter of the project not being completed...

He's in a simular situation to 50... Just lookin for the right record for the project to takeoff... If it makes its way to the internet (which is damn nearinevitable @ this point) I wanna see what his #s are like in 2 months... I guess we'll see if "his career is over" once it drops and does regular#s
smh.gif

What the hell? Lil Wayne? Rock album?
roll.gif

I never check out hip hop threads on NT but the one time I do... it's this? I can't wait to see how this album, inevitably, will be panned by critics.Does Lil Wayne really play guitar?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

roll.gif

I never check out hip hop threads on NT but the one time I do... it's this? I can't wait to see how this album, inevitably, will be panned by critics. Does Lil Wayne really play guitar?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

roll.gif

I never check out hip hop threads on NT but the one time I do... it's this? I can't wait to see how this album, inevitably, will be panned by critics. Does Lil Wayne really play guitar?
roll.gif
Oh my God.

roll.gif

There really was no need to push it back. I mean he still got a lightweight buzz going and he's set to report to jail in February. That would have at leastgot him 500k.

No way he's doing C3 numbers.

He needs to put "Drop the World" out as the next single and push the release date to the beginning of January.

Do remember the album hasn't dropped because none of the singles took off... It was NEVER a matter of the project not being completed...

He's in a simular situation to 50... Just lookin for the right record for the project to takeoff... If it makes its way to the internet (which is damn near inevitable @ this point) I wanna see what his #s are like in 2 months... I guess we'll see if "his career is over" once it drops and does regular #s
smh.gif

Harlem I hate to give you a hard time...but you do realize this release for Wayne is not RAPPER Wayne, Its ROCKSTAR Wayne...kinda like SINGING Kanye with 808sn heartbreak....i can gurantee he will prolly sell more than 50 which is pretty easy...but these will not be huge numbers to measure his success offof...because alot of his fanbase will sit this album out like Kanye fans sat 808s out

So yeah even if wayne only does 150k its alot of factors goin into that besides from the leak thats fastly approaching...they will prolly release a statementsaying it aint the final version no way and that will boost the numbers even more...i see this doing around maybe 200 250k if proper promotion and a boost fromthe jail sentence is worked right

Back
Top Bottom