Americans need to stay away from DR. right now.. vol. wtf is going on over in the Dominican Republic

It just gives me a disrespectful colonialist vibe when people do that. "Let me go to a country to just smash their women and/or drink for cheap, while staying in a luxury resort as far as possible from the locals ". Locals only put up with it cause they have few other opportunities available to them.

Lol no doubt i feel u.... im on the same type of time whenever i go to different cities ...i wanna atleast grab a bite to eat -be around my own people in them cities (which unfortunately would be the hood) i experience real vibes of a city when i do that ..i dont wanna visit downtown areas with tourist i wanna be amongst my actual people...people be telling me they been to ny to visit i ask whwre they say downtown /times square i tell them thats not the real ny ..head uptown to harlem or certain parts of other boroughs to actually experience the real ny culture

Lol no doubt i feel u.... im on the same type of time whenever i go to different cities ...i wanna atleast grab a bite to eat -be around my own people in them cities (which unfortunately would be the hood) i experience real vibes of a city when i do that ..i dont wanna visit downtown areas with tourist i wanna be amongst my actual people...people be telling me they been to ny to visit i ask whwre they say downtown /times square i tell them thats not the real ny ..head uptown to harlem or certain parts of other boroughs to actually experience the real ny culture

Do you think you can actually experience culture on a vacation though? I mean when I moved abroad it took getting a job, making actual friends, etc before I can truly say I got that feeling of culture and understanding.

Or do you just mean the good parts of the culture? Because to me that’s kind of like “Southern hospitality” where some white people could act amazingly friendly and gracious to people visiting or people traveling through but actually be super racist / want their culture to not be affected by minorities and new viewpoints if it came to them living there.

I ask this because I feel like culture is a very deep word and I personally don’t believe you can experience it on vacations. You really only can get it by working / volunteering / being a part of the day to day society. And even then you become aware of one part of the culture and not necessarily what others (eg rich peoples culture there is).

So to say that just going to a resort is disingenuous seems unfair because i feel that saying you are going off the beaten path to experience the culture also is disingenuous. They are both just forms of traveling and being a visitor. Until you can experience the problems and life experiences of native residents you are an outsider that is being shown, in general, just a superficial nice watered down version of “culture”.

Do you think you can actually experience culture on a vacation though? I mean when I moved abroad it took getting a job, making actual friends, etc before I can truly say I got that feeling of culture and understanding.

Or do you just mean the good parts of the culture? Because to me that’s kind of like “Southern hospitality” where some white people could act amazingly friendly and gracious to people visiting or people traveling through but actually be super racist / want their culture to not be affected by minorities and new viewpoints if it came to them living there.

I ask this because I feel like culture is a very deep word and I personally don’t believe you can experience it on vacations. You really only can get it by working / volunteering / being a part of the day to day society. And even then you become aware of one part of the culture and not necessarily what others (eg rich peoples culture there is).

So to say that just going to a resort is disingenuous seems unfair because i feel that saying you are going off the beaten path to experience the culture also is disingenuous. They are both just forms of traveling and being a visitor. Until you can experience the problems and life experiences of native residents you are an outsider that is being shown, in general, just a superficial nice watered down version of “culture”.
On the real (to me) u can experience the culture on a vacation by being amongst the people & actually being out there(when i say being out there i mean intereacting with the people & having them school u & Experiencing what they go thru good & bad).. i can move somewhere & live amongst the people but still be secluded & distant due to me not interracting with them therefore im not really experiencing their culture meanwhile a person can be on a 2 week vacarion & be amongst the people & experience more of the culture then me

when when i go to japan, i usually walk a million miles to shop, eat, and sightsee. i’ve been to remote parts of new guinea to get muddy and explore the rain forests. last few trips to the big island we just stayed in the resort and ate at the restaurants and swam in the pools (didn’t even touch a toe in the ocean). everyone has different needs and preferences. i don't need people to conform to my ideas for me to be happy for them.

How can you mistake somebody for Big Papi ?

He's heavy and looks like Florida Evans in the face

How can you mistake somebody for Big Papi ?

He's heavy and looks like Florida Evans in the face

This. These reports gotta be wrong. You telling me 12 people were just arrested in connection to the murder attempt. 12 people! And Big Papi got shot because both of them were wearing shirts with a pattern? FOH

You go to enjoy the culture but can't speak Spanish:lol: how the **** does that work? They got reception for Google translate everywhere :rofl:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/costa-...anol-suspected-of-killing-at-least-19-people/

Alcohol tainted with methanol suspected of killing at least 19 people in Costa Rica

BY JASON SILVERSTEIN

UPDATED ON: JULY 22, 2019 / 10:18 AM / CBS NEWS

Costa Rica has issued a national alert about tainted alcohol after 19 people were confirmed to have died over the past few weeks from methanol poisoning. The government says several alcohol brands have been tainted with methanol, a poisonous alcohol found in solvents and antifreeze.

Since early June, 14 men and five women across Costa Rica have died from methanol poisoning, according to the Ministry of Health. They ranged in age from 32 to 72. Seven of the deaths were in the San Jose province, which includes San Jose, the most populous city in Costa Rica.

The Ministry of Health said information on the deaths is "preliminary" and an investigation is ongoing.

alcohol-tainted-costa-rica.jpg

Some of the brands of alcohol confiscated by the Costa Rica Ministry of Health after 19 people died from methanol poisoning linked to tainted liquor.COSTA RICA MINISTRY OF HEALTH
The government has confiscated about 30,000 bottles of alcohol suspected to be poisoned, under the brands Guaro Montano, Guaro Gran Apache, Aguardiente Estrella, Aguardiente Barón Rojo, Aguardiente Timbuka and Molotov Aguardiente. The Ministry of Health warned against consuming alcohol from those brands. Vendors who sell the drinks could face criminal sanctions.

Trending News
Symptoms of methanol poisoning include acute abdominal pain, headache and lack of coordination in body movements. Victims often seek medical treatment only after a delay, because symptoms tend to appear long after methanol has been consumed, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

The WHO said methanol poisoning outbreaks are tied to counterfeit or informally-produced drinks. There have been recent outbreaks in about a dozen countries, including India, Norway, Turkey and the Czech Republic.

First published on July 21, 2019 / 4:57 PM

I don't see the fascination .

I live in NYC and don't enjoy being around DR's unless I need my car fixed cheap .
I know mad dudes who go to DR and they all say its a good time... Even chicks who go love it. I havent been but im going this year. once you know somebody out there it should be gravy...

I know mad dudes who go to DR and they all say its a good time... Even chicks who go love it. I havent been but im going this year. once you know somebody out there it should be gravy...

I'm the opposite beware of people you may know out there. I got fam out there and I'm wary of him because he's gang related and involved in the underworld out there. Not trying to have any convenient kidnapping when we link up.

But to be honest I've been to several of the Caribbean islands. None of them are bad, you would love anyone you go to. Main difference is the language they speak. Vacation is vacation

Back
Top Bottom