Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

‎"I can't help you if you won't help yourself." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=hFp-7Zr3ziw

frown.gif

This bums me out so much man. I love her music. Such a great talent taken way to early. RIP

Obviously, stupid. But are you trying to put her on the same pedestal as Cobain, Morrison, Hendrix, etc...or just the coincidence that she died at the same age?

Originally Posted by 23kidd

I was JUST about to post this 
laugh.gif

Yeah shes just been found dead in her house in London. I bet you its related to drugs.....
tired.gif

same NT is too quick for me
laugh.gif

this is a real shame. I REALLY liked her voice. back to black was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
not happy this happened, was really looking forward to more of her music.

*waiting for autopsy report to say drugs*

Our minds will be blown when the autopsy comes out saying drugs were not a factor.

R.I.P, although I can't say I didn't see it coming because of her actions against herself.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Obviously, stupid. But are you trying to put her on the same pedestal as Cobain, Morrison, Hendrix, etc...or just the coincidence that she died at the same age?

indifferent.gif

she was a great musician that died at a young age under tragic circumstances.  chill the hell out.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

a drug addict dying thread = 9 pages

a thread about something serious like the norway bombing = 5 pages

interesting
And a 2.2 Million Famine happening in Somolia, shouldn't that captivate peoples emotions even more than the Norway tragedy?
eyes.gif

We get it, some just won't understand how much people in the public eye have an affect on people's lives, Amy was a singer and very talented person, she wasn't just a "drug addict". There are plenty of horrible things going on in the world right now, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't acknowledge that someone very talented has passed....

Drugs affected her music far more than it did to those (Janis Joplin too). She was easily as talented at them. We just didn't get many chances to appreciate that.

Rest In Peace Amy Winehouse. One of my personal favorites. I listen to "Frank" a couple of times a week. She'll be graciously missed.

In time her legend will only grow...
RIP Amy we already miss you
frown.gif

interesting
Such a an original post 
indifferent.gif

Whats even funnier about this attempt, is you didn't even post in the Norway thread, but you did in here.  Irony?  I think so

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

110723-27s-hlg-11a.grid-8x2.jpg

All died @ 27 too...
so, the reach you're going for is what? 
Truly gifted artist seem to pass way @ 27. Yes its a reach, but it shows that being gifted is a little part of the puzzle.

R.I.P

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

interesting
And a 2.2 Million Famine happening in Somolia, shouldn't that captivate peoples emotions even more than the Norway tragedy?
eyes.gif

We get it, some just won't understand how much people in the public eye have an affect on people's lives, Amy was a singer and very talented person, she wasn't just a "drug addict". There are plenty of horrible things going on in the world right now, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't acknowledge that someone very talented has passed....
Thank YOU!
She wasnt no saint, nor someone legendary in MY opinion, no one forced her to do drugs and she had all the resources to get off the drugs if she wanted too, other #!%@ we should be concerned about, but what can you say or do , the media is good at keeping americans to be exact dumb and not aware  of whats going outside of their hometown, we like to be entertained and not informed , the conditions in Somalia should be headline news, Bombing in Norway, Casualities of war in Afghanistan, Syria and etc instead our headline news read Jlo divorced, Amy died, Paris Hilton did this , kim kardishian did that
be real.........................

I agree and disagree with you , she was just a singer thats all ,to some a talented one to others eeeh not so much , she has nothing except grammys on her resume who cares? how did she benefit society , she was definitely no role model nor a contributing member other than just pushing music, other singers/ entertainers are grieved after because  they left a legacy behind of giving and being positive aside from the music

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

110723-27s-hlg-11a.grid-8x2.jpg

All died @ 27 too...
In my eyes she was easily in this league. Honestly I'm devastated that the world lost one of very few who have true talent.
Rest in peace.

Originally Posted by somekid0287

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

interesting
eyes.gif

Thank YOU!
She wasnt no saint, nor someone legendary in MY opinion, no one forced her to do drugs and she had all the resources to get off the drugs if she wanted too, other #!%@ we should be concerned about, but what can you say or do , the media is good at keeping americans to be exact dumb and not aware  of whats going outside of their hometown, we like to be entertained and not informed , the conditions in Somalia should be headline news, Bombing in Norway, Casualities of war in Afghanistan, Syria and etc instead our headline news read Jlo divorced, Amy died, Paris Hilton did this , kim kardishian did that
be real.........................

I agree and disagree with you , she was just a singer thats all ,to some a talented one to others eeeh not so much , she has nothing except grammys on her resume who cares? how did she benefit society , she was definitely no role model nor a contributing member other than just pushing music, other singers/ entertainers are grieved after because  they left a legacy behind of giving and being positive aside from the music

some people can appreciate good music.  you obviously can not if you can't understand why people are saddened to read the news that their favorite artist has passed.

I mean you can put together a list of musicians who died at 28 and im sure there will be plenty. same with 29, 33, 36....on that list they had some guy that was 6th place on australian idol. really?? if thats not a reach/stretch to put together a list i dont know what is

Originally Posted by belle155

I mean you can put together a list of musicians who died at 28 and im sure there will be plenty. same with 29, 33, 36....on that list they had some guy that was 6th place on australian idol. really?? if thats not a reach/stretch to put together a list i dont know what is

The original 27 club consists of some of the most influential artists of all time though. Plus some of the "glamour" that club holds comes from the fact that it's a very young age to go.

Back
Top Bottom