Anchovies...

Never tried them and I never will.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I had a math teacher in 11th grade that would bump your grade at the end of the trimester (B+ to A-, A- to A, etc) if you ate a certain amount of sardines that he brought in.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I had a math teacher in 11th grade that would bump your grade at the end of the trimester (B+ to A-, A- to A, etc) if you ate a certain amount of sardines that he brought in.
30t6p3b.gif

if i really needed the grade boost to pass the year , iwould've done it.

still
sick.gif

Love these joints. I get them sometimes with my papa johns pizza
smokin.gif

The way the ninja turtles be talking about it, you would assume they actually taste decent

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

I aint ever seen an anchovie in my caeser salad tho 
nerd.gif

Exactly... I've never had fish in my caesar salads. I hate it when high end restaurants try and make their dishes extra fancy and put all kinds of weird things in them though.

Originally Posted by scshift

nerd.gif

Exactly... I've never had fish in my caesar salads. I hate it when high end restaurants try and make their dishes extra fancy and put all kinds of weird things in them though.

laugh.gif
 most fine dining high end restaurants arent trying to put a lot of weird things in them just for the sake of being "extra fancy".

I'm not trying to come off as being pretentious or snobby, but some people can appreciate it, some can't.  no big deal.  I know a lot of people who can't fathom the thought of dropping big bucks on a masterfully crafted well balanced meal that has been created/planned by a highly skilled chef.  A lot of my friends are like that.  If they are going to spend $100+ per person on a meal, they expect a big $@$ steak, nothing else.  They would be mortified to spend that kinda dough on a nice 3 course classic french meal.  

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 most fine dining high end restaurants arent trying to put a lot of weird things in them just for the sake of being "extra fancy".

I'm not trying to come off as being pretentious or snobby, but some people can appreciate it, some can't.  no big deal.  I know a lot of people who can't fathom the thought of dropping big bucks on a masterfully crafted well balanced meal that has been created/planned by a highly skilled chef.  A lot of my friends are like that.  If they are going to spend $100+ per person on a meal, they expect a big $@$ steak, nothing else.  They would be mortified to spend that kinda dough on a nice 3 course classic french meal.  
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I feel you. Me personally though, I will never, ever drop more than 20 bucks on a meal. And that meal better be dinner. Even when I get older and start making more money, even if I was rich and drove the nicest cars, I will never spend that much money on a meal.

I can't enjoy it knowing the price. Sometimes my parents will ask me to eat out with them at a fancy restaurant in the city, I usually say no cause every time I go, the tab costs like $80 for 3 people and the food just isn't that good. I can't appreciate fine foods... I appreciate cheap food.

$100+ per person means I better be getting all you can eat sushi freshly made with an Italian supermodel delivering it to my table. I'm just can't justify spending lots of cash on food when I really enjoy cheaper foods just as much if not more.

Edit: No, actually I'm still not spending $100 on that. Do you know how much $100 is???

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

very insightful response friend.

laugh.gif

I feel you. Me personally though, I will never, ever drop more than 20 bucks on a meal. And that meal better be dinner. Even when I get older and start making more money, even if I was rich and drove the nicest cars, I will never spend that much money on a meal.

I can't enjoy it knowing the price. Sometimes my parents will ask me to eat out with them at a fancy restaurant in the city, I usually say no cause every time I go, the tab costs like $80 for 3 people and the food just isn't that good. I can't appreciate fine foods... I appreciate cheap food.

$100+ per person means I better be getting all you can eat sushi freshly made with an Italian supermodel delivering it to my table. I'm just can't justify spending lots of cash on food when I really enjoy cheaper foods just as much if not more.

Edit: No, actually I'm still not spending $100 on that. Do you know how much $100 is???

Understandable, but your tastes may change in the future even if you dont think it will.

Sometimes its just a matter of being exposed to something you never experienced before.  Next time your parents ask you out to a nice meal, go try it out, try to order something on the menu that you normally wouldn't, and see how it goes.  If you dont care for it, oh well... i meal "wasted",  no real harm no foul.  But what if it opens your eyes and palate to something you never knew was out there?

Understandable, but your tastes may change in the future even if you dont think it will.

Sometimes its just a matter of being exposed to something you never experienced before.  Next time your parents ask you out to a nice meal, go try it out, try to order something on the menu that you normally wouldn't, and see how it goes.  If you dont care for it, oh well... i meal "wasted",  no real harm no foul.  But what if it opens your eyes and palate to something you never knew was out there?

That's true, the last time I went with them to a nice restaurant I tried this french flatbread thing with cheese and ham with caramelized onions and apples. It was really good, so I went to my supermarket and picked up a frozen one, turns out that was really good too, so I guess that worked out.

The thing is every time I go out to an expensive restaurant it's so much money I don't really want to take a risk and try something wild so I usually order something I know I'll like, like chicken or pasta. I don't want to spend $30 on some fish thing I'll take a bite out of and say forget it.

That's true, the last time I went with them to a nice restaurant I tried this french flatbread thing with cheese and ham with caramelized onions and apples. It was really good, so I went to my supermarket and picked up a frozen one, turns out that was really good too, so I guess that worked out.

The thing is every time I go out to an expensive restaurant it's so much money I don't really want to take a risk and try something wild so I usually order something I know I'll like, like chicken or pasta. I don't want to spend $30 on some fish thing I'll take a bite out of and say forget it.

live life without regrets
happy.gif

dead serious.  you ever find yourself in LA, hit me up and I will take you to one of my favorite spots (Pizzeria Mozza).  They have this awesome tricolore frisee salad with an anchovy dressing, and a pizza with white anchovies, tomato, and fresno chilies.  If its not the best damb anchovy dish you've ever had, then its on me.  Hell, even if you love it, its on me, my treat.

laugh.gif

Speaking of this post, 
Me and my ex went to Ruth's chris for an anniversary last year and its was about $190. I got steak and lobster, and she got steak and scallops. She got full super fast so i ate all of my dinner and more than half of hers. Went home, and smashed, and then threw up about 5 minutes later. 

I THREW UP 190 DOLLARS. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom