AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

Those AND1 joints that someone said resembled the ZK1 from the back resembles the 20.5.5s more IMO.....just my 2 cents lol.

40nwvx2.jpg

those don't even look like hoops shoes. Looks like something I'd throw in with some too tight khakis that show my junk and go salsa dancing in. These look even taller than the Mystique and Strapped, both of which are way too tall

Quote:
Mr. Chicago,

I concur, distributions is mos def lackin'. I called all over NYC to see who carries these joints, I got a nada in every area code.

if lack of distribution is not bad enough, i have found that people seem to refer to and1 as "budget brand" every store i have been into either thinks:

1) i must be refering to air force 1s
2) has not heard of them
3) asks me why i would want and1s

got get a petition going to get and1 to get their stuff in the athletic retailers stores (at least here in chicago) or at least out of the a.j. wright/marshalls/t.j. maxx stores. otherwise it might be hard to get people to take the brand seriously if there are more models in the discount store than on the shelves...

No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

Quote:
if lack of distribution is not bad enough, i have found that people seem to refer to and1 as "budget brand" every store i have been into either thinks:

I think nike and the footlocker family are pretty tight. you can't hardly find any adidas hoop shoes there. eastbay only caries the chosen 1's as far as and1. I get bored really quickly at footlocker, it's all dull nikes. Finishline at least mixes it up some with some in store exclusive nikes and more variety on the adidas front. Somebody needs to step up and offer a serious hoop shoe selection, might not be any money in that though.

like I said, the edge will end up slept on for sure (though if you check the nba feet thread you see some foreign guys rocking the apples). hopefully they still bring out the lows.

Anyone else think the Franchises are perfect for customizing? AND1 should def. think about the customizing business, now that Converse, Nike, adidas, and reebok all have customize options, AND1 should. So many nice color combos would look sick on this sneaker....black to blue....white to purple.
-T B W 3 S[/b]...

Chicago,

I thought that I was the only one who noticed that about Footlocker! For instance, the ZK1 went down to 69.99 there not too long ago, and then a week later, all of the ZK1's went back up to 99.99. I am quite sure that Footlocker didn't just up and say, "let's raise the prices back up, because these shoes are so popular!"

I stopped shopping there after an experience I had with their gung ho sales "team", who knew NOTHING about footwear. All they wanted to do was sell me something. "Shoe protector" I had on a pair of Black Suede Gucci Loafers, da' hell am I gonna buy some suede protector from Footlocker for? They know nothing in regard to function, performance, and most def nothing about protection. I put a post up about the place in Times Square up in 'General' not too long ago. I will always equate that place with being "NikeTown Junior". I'll never go to a Footlocker again, ever.

"What size you need?" That's all you hear when you go up in Footlocker. Have any questions about shoes OTHER than NIKE, you get a look like you've just asked them "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?"

Footlocker sucks, especially if you want the good stuff.

Peace

that sounds great, about the mi adidas. though I question why the spelled it like that. I don't think it would have taken much to get Run-Dmc to sign off on the right way.

Yeah, they hound you at footlocker. considering it's the biggest distributer of serious hoop shoes, you have to believe there is room for somebody to come in and do it better. There is a business opportunity there for sure. but like I said, maybe the market isnt big enough to support it, or maybe nike keeps it locked down. Be glad for the internet otherwise a lot of stuff, including nikes, would just get lost because it never hits shelves (max camps, edge mids, r-n-s, crazy1s ...havent seen them in stores, etc.)

at most places they hound you...at most places the associates (save for specialty running stores) are ill-informed about the product they are selling beyond what they are told to say...

chris chicago, you from the go? know of any stores that carry the edge?

We bouncin' offa subject again, don't want Whit EBoy to come on here being accusatory, so lemme say it.....AND1...aiight?

Here in the city, you ain't gotta deal with Footlocker and their bullcrap. I went to the NBA store today, they had a few pairs of the new AND1 joints there. If the NBA store plays it right, they can shut it down, period. They need to get all the good 'spit' right there, and ain't nobody sellin' any "suede protector" or that crappy "cleaner" up in that piece either, insulting people with that bull... any way I'm gonna say it again, AND 1.

Peace

Quote:
Here in the city, you ain't gotta deal with Footlocker and their bullcrap. I went to the NBA store today, they had a few pairs of the new AND1 joints there. If the NBA store plays it right, they can shut it down, period. They need to get all the good 'spit' right there, and ain't nobody sellin' any "suede protector" or that crappy "cleaner" up in that piece either, insulting people with that bull... any way I'm gonna say it again, AND 1.

are you refering to chicago?

I have not seen any stores with the edge. some say they've seen it at finishline and footaction. the finishline downtown (water tower) never got it and I havent been to a footaction in a while so I'm not sure.

the only one I've seen on shelves is the asphalt at sports authority.

^ok, i was going to say...when did we get an nba store...

good look chris chicago, looks like i might have to cop online, to those with the edge, how does the sizing run?

Back
Top Bottom