Animal Kingdom series

That cop is dumb as hell. All that work threatening catherine and jay and she got nothing to show for it except arrsting the teacher.

nikki and craig are so sleazy and gross for being with each other. craig's a dumbass so being with a high school girl fits him.

jay's smarter than all of them. He's already tired of all their crap and the way they treat him.

Jay been smarter than them, before you know it he will be planning their next heist. With Baz distracted by his baby moms going missing, Jay will be able to step up. Whether or not he harbors any anger towards Smurf and the rest remains to be seen. Who knows what else his photographic memory pulls up from his childhood about them.

We see how it worked for that cop, :lol:

Great finale

- Craig's an a-hole and like we all thought, he can't be trusted especially after doing Ren dirty. Smashing his little brother's girl?  :smh:
- Pope defying Smurf is good, but I think at the end of the day, he'll always be Smurf's lackey -- Baz is just the de facto "leader"
- So Smurf killed ol' dude who killed her mom?
- Jay a real one, but the story is now very clearly about his development -- he's showing signs of inner savagery and I think he's gonna end up to be more cunning than all of them -- something like Michael Corleone's story

I spent some of that episode cursing Jay for being stupid and getting involved with them. They had absolutely nothing on his ***, yet he still allowed himself to be treated like a guilty person. He showed what it was, and it was a joy to see that dumb cop get it.

I was shocked at how smurf just offed dude in his driveway like that. She didn't take any precautions, didn't make sure nobody else was there nothing. Especially in a community like that, I would think after the first shot lights would be flickering on from the neighbors homes. I guess we will see if this ever gets traced back to her.

That last scene with Smurf killing ol' dude is very interesting.

1) It could signify her trying to officially "kill" her past, but we know that her past and what happened to her has led to what she's become now. Remember that she ran away from dude when he mentioned how he used to call the little girl Smurf. She couldn't take the truth.

2) It could also signify how reckless she is when she gets too emotional. Remember that she kills dude AFTER Pope spit that ether. She was on that "my son just called me a coward and he's probably right, so I'll prove I'm not" type steez and just straight up shot dude in plain sight. This is not in her usual character of being methodical/planned. She got caught slipping and it's probably gonna be a major arc for her next season.

Either way, I think the most interesting character now is Jay. I'm probably reaching here, but he has the most savage traits of the brothers without the major weaknesses. He has many of the necessary qualities: Baz's potential leader role, Pope's stone-faced coldness, and Smurf's cunning. One thing he has that the others don't is compassion. Let's not forget the references to him getting good grades in school**

Last edited:
Very good first season. Was never a dull moment with this family. Sucks they killed off Catherine so soon. Good ending to set up next season.

So I guess jay keeping his grades up and going off to college isn't looking too good. I haven't finished peaky blinders yet but his character in that is like the blue collar criminal version of jay.

nicki's dad seeing her chillin with craig and snorting some drugs is so messed up. I would've either slapped the hell out of her or dragged her out by her hair.

smurf had catherine's parents killed and took in catherine. She had catherine killed and took in her daughter.

I wonder if Baz will bring ol girl up from Mexico now :lol:

Smurf definitely killed dude cuz of what Pope said and yes it was reckless. The night of the day the cops just raid your home you travel outta town to kill some dude.

I wonder if Baz will bring ol girl up from Mexico now
laugh.gif

Smurf definitely killed dude cuz of what Pope said and yes it was reckless. The night of the day the cops just raid your home you travel outta town to kill some dude.
And notice how all of them were asking where Smurf was at the end of the episode.

So she was missing the entire night.

If she really wanted revenge shouldn't she have tried to find the convenience store worker who probably fired a shotgun blast into her mom's chest?

Jay stunned me, didn't know he had it in him.. Who did Jay cut out of the picture of him and his mom? Craigs a slimy *** in a pedo type of way. I think it was a mistake letting Popes ol cellmate live. Season 2 will make or break this show. 1st season was interesting but not outstanding

If she really wanted revenge shouldn't she have tried to find the convenience store worker who probably fired a shotgun blast into her mom's chest?
Maybe she did already.

He still left her to die in what I assume was a robbery he planned.

Jay stunned me, didn't know he had it in him.. Who did Jay cut out of the picture of him and his mom? Craigs a slimy *** in a pedo type of way. I think it was a mistake letting Popes ol cellmate live. Season 2 will make or break this show. 1st season was interesting but not outstanding
It was either his real dad or just some other random she was smashing. I ain't get a good look, could've been a young Pope?

Probably some random dude his mom was smashing --

I thought the old guy said that smurf's mom was the one who got him involved with robbing stores and other bad stuff.

Maybe she remembers it differently. Wasn't like she was a baby at the time.

Either way it don't matter. He left her to die and left Smurf to watch her mom bleed out.

I thought the old guy said that smurf's mom was the one who got him involved with robbing stores and other bad stuff.
He did, but she had to blame somebody. I feel like Jay cutting that picture meant something. I was thinking it was Baz since he asked Baz was he his father...

Damn Jay got some cojones , this show keep getting better but damn that Pedo chick is only 17 & you're smashing , having her doing coke . Renn people should've beat him to death .

They should've injected him with real heroine. He deserved it. So nikki gonna be his girl now and hang out around the house like she did with jay? That family is beyond creepy. If I was jay i'd ask if I could stay in one of smurf's apartment buildings.

just finished watching the first season. interesting show. none of the characters are likeable. overall, it's a pretty depressing show. not that i don't like depressing shows cause i loved requiem for a dream. it was different enough to keep my attention though so i guess i'll tune in next season.

I liked Smurf a lot but I can see feeling the characters are unlikable.

To me the situation and premise really sells the show. That's the main interest. This dynamic among the family and all of the conflict.

i should clarify that i meant unlikable as in severely lacking in morals but still definitely interesting. smurf for sure at the top of that list. ellen barkin flexing her chops most definitely. great scene when the dude tells the story about how much he loved her as a kid. great scene when she kills him.

just finished watching the first season. interesting show. none of the characters are likeable. overall, it's a pretty depressing show. not that i don't like depressing shows cause i loved requiem for a dream. it was different enough to keep my attention though so i guess i'll tune in next season.
That's the core of the show: no one in this family should be likable.

If anything, Jay is the most "likable" one, but that's only because he hasn't fully converted.

For a second I thought she was gonna be on it. From one messed up family to another messed up, violent one.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the first season considering during the first episode I was like, "damn this **** is all over the place" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom