Antoine Dodson won.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I want to say something but I don't want to get banned. But expect to see more of his type in the mass media after this. Continue to make "us" look bad but cover it up as giving us exposure. Not a fan.

Video was funny but just makes us look more like a joke.

Word
smh.gif

I want to say something but I don't want to get banned. But expect to see more of his type in the mass media after this. Continue to make "us" look bad but cover it up as giving us exposure. Not a fan.

Video was funny but just makes us look more like a joke.

Word
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I bring this up because if we were to list what perpetuates ignorance in the black community I would put rap music and our athletes and so called "role models" at the top of the list. Are you as outspoken against such behavior as you have been against Antoine Dobson's c****ery? Do you worry as much about how the portrayal of black people in popular media makes you look?

You talk about differentiating from reality....some rappers ARE that ignorant. Some are just playing dumb because it sells. Should you of all people, who cares so much about the public perception of black people reflects on YOU make excuses for rappers and athletes. Or is the "minstrelsy" less embarassing if they make money of it.   
Yea I complain about the message the music some of us send out when it comes to our youth especially. Considering that is who they look at for guidance I find it sad that Wayne and Waka Flocka are the role models for most of our kids. And Nicki Minaj is the role model for young women. I hate it and I voice my displeasure for it. I don't do it music here because East-West will lock it and tell me to go to the music section, that I forget exists at times.
laugh.gif

Real world c**nery
Muscial c**nery

All the same to me.

When I said differentiating from reality, I was speaking about myself personally. Some kids (and adults) listen to this music and can't understand that it is entertainment. I don't listen to the music and get inspired to do things that I hear. I often listen to it for a quick chuckle. But a lot of the stuff I listened to as a child that I want to relive. I try to listen to more positive rappers most of the time. But rap is hardly played on my IPOD.

And athletes acting like savages is something I always speak of. Check the sports section whenever someone is reportedly doing something foolish.

I bring this up because if we were to list what perpetuates ignorance in the black community I would put rap music and our athletes and so called "role models" at the top of the list. Are you as outspoken against such behavior as you have been against Antoine Dobson's c****ery? Do you worry as much about how the portrayal of black people in popular media makes you look?

You talk about differentiating from reality....some rappers ARE that ignorant. Some are just playing dumb because it sells. Should you of all people, who cares so much about the public perception of black people reflects on YOU make excuses for rappers and athletes. Or is the "minstrelsy" less embarassing if they make money of it.   
Yea I complain about the message the music some of us send out when it comes to our youth especially. Considering that is who they look at for guidance I find it sad that Wayne and Waka Flocka are the role models for most of our kids. And Nicki Minaj is the role model for young women. I hate it and I voice my displeasure for it. I don't do it music here because East-West will lock it and tell me to go to the music section, that I forget exists at times.
laugh.gif

Real world c**nery
Muscial c**nery

All the same to me.

When I said differentiating from reality, I was speaking about myself personally. Some kids (and adults) listen to this music and can't understand that it is entertainment. I don't listen to the music and get inspired to do things that I hear. I often listen to it for a quick chuckle. But a lot of the stuff I listened to as a child that I want to relive. I try to listen to more positive rappers most of the time. But rap is hardly played on my IPOD.

And athletes acting like savages is something I always speak of. Check the sports section whenever someone is reportedly doing something foolish.

Point blank, folks are looking at this laughing at black people. Antoine, they aren't your friends man.

I am not talking about the homosexuality as the black stereotype, I am talking about going in the hood and always finding the wildest and most hood acting folks and throwing them on tv. Folks just laughing at us.

I am sick of that mess man. That is all I am saying.

In regards to the suppressing my own insecurities nonsense, yea sure.
NAH I FEEL YOU DC

AMERICA HAS BEEN PROMOTING *@#* STUFF MORE LATELY

MAKING AFRICAN AMERICANS LOOK SOFT & AS A JOKE

MORE ****ERY IN OTHER WORDS

TO WHY BLACK WOMEN CANT FIND A GOOD BLACK MAN AND THE WHOLE 9

THEY PUSHING THIS STUFF ON OUR KIDS ALSO

LOOK AT MTV & ETC ...NOT THE TYPE OF KOOL-AID YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO DRINK ..PAUSE

Point blank, folks are looking at this laughing at black people. Antoine, they aren't your friends man.

I am not talking about the homosexuality as the black stereotype, I am talking about going in the hood and always finding the wildest and most hood acting folks and throwing them on tv. Folks just laughing at us.

I am sick of that mess man. That is all I am saying.

In regards to the suppressing my own insecurities nonsense, yea sure.
NAH I FEEL YOU DC

AMERICA HAS BEEN PROMOTING *@#* STUFF MORE LATELY

MAKING AFRICAN AMERICANS LOOK SOFT & AS A JOKE

MORE ****ERY IN OTHER WORDS

TO WHY BLACK WOMEN CANT FIND A GOOD BLACK MAN AND THE WHOLE 9

THEY PUSHING THIS STUFF ON OUR KIDS ALSO

LOOK AT MTV & ETC ...NOT THE TYPE OF KOOL-AID YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO DRINK ..PAUSE

laugh.gif

Real world c**nery
Muscial c**nery

All the same to me.

I gotcha, I misunderstood that part and I feel the same way. I'm an adult, I know it's just entertainment so I have no qualms about listening to it. But an impressionable kid, living in the hood without positive role models is another story.

Nicki Minaj FTL.....My Asian friend listened to the line where she said something along the lines of "I was a Geisha, and you were a samurai. You were speaking Thai but somehow I understood." Dude went on a rant about everything that is wrong with that statement.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Real world c**nery
Muscial c**nery

All the same to me.

I gotcha, I misunderstood that part and I feel the same way. I'm an adult, I know it's just entertainment so I have no qualms about listening to it. But an impressionable kid, living in the hood without positive role models is another story.

Nicki Minaj FTL.....My Asian friend listened to the line where she said something along the lines of "I was a Geisha, and you were a samurai. You were speaking Thai but somehow I understood." Dude went on a rant about everything that is wrong with that statement.
laugh.gif

And before anyone says, "Stop crying" I just want my people represented in a better light. Just sick of these shows and newscasts that go out of their way to find the WORST representatives of the black community. The same way Italian Americans feel about Jersey Shore's cast members, that is how many of us feel about our music and how we are represented on TV. It isn't fair man, but what can we do when we aren't the "Majority" player in America.

People have to stop watching the stuff but they don't and they won't. Praise ignorance, act ignorant, watch ignorance. Big cycle. It will never get better.

And before anyone says, "Stop crying" I just want my people represented in a better light. Just sick of these shows and newscasts that go out of their way to find the WORST representatives of the black community. The same way Italian Americans feel about Jersey Shore's cast members, that is how many of us feel about our music and how we are represented on TV. It isn't fair man, but what can we do when we aren't the "Majority" player in America.

People have to stop watching the stuff but they don't and they won't. Praise ignorance, act ignorant, watch ignorance. Big cycle. It will never get better.

DC does have a point about the joke being on us though...

[Dave Chappelle] They always want us to wear the dress. [/Dave Chappelle]

DC does have a point about the joke being on us though...

[Dave Chappelle] They always want us to wear the dress. [/Dave Chappelle]

Well see I respect you because you're somewhat consistent on this issue. My iproblem is with people who bash this video as misrepresenting the black community when they have dipset in their avy. I suspect many black people would have a problem with this video because dude is gay. We've seen what being "hard" *pause* in the black community achieves.

Jersey Shore
smh.gif
. Son I'm not even Italian and sometimes I'm embarassed for them. Don't get me wrong, the show is entertaining but it's ignorance at its finest.

Well see I respect you because you're somewhat consistent on this issue. My iproblem is with people who bash this video as misrepresenting the black community when they have dipset in their avy. I suspect many black people would have a problem with this video because dude is gay. We've seen what being "hard" *pause* in the black community achieves.

Jersey Shore
smh.gif
. Son I'm not even Italian and sometimes I'm embarassed for them. Don't get me wrong, the show is entertaining but it's ignorance at its finest.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Damn yall take this stuff way too seriously. Chris Crocker was a perfect example Anton.
And why SHOULDN'T we take it serious. We can laugh, joke, and play about it cool. It was a funny video. But at what point do you say, "I don't like the way my race is routinely represented." Am I wrong for feeling a certain type a way about that? No. Not at all. And I should take it seriously because it isn't a joke.

But it is always easy to sit back and say someone else is taking things too seriously. That is what most people do, so I can't blame you man.

It isn't funny to me though.

Damn yall take this stuff way too seriously. Chris Crocker was a perfect example Anton.
And why SHOULDN'T we take it serious. We can laugh, joke, and play about it cool. It was a funny video. But at what point do you say, "I don't like the way my race is routinely represented." Am I wrong for feeling a certain type a way about that? No. Not at all. And I should take it seriously because it isn't a joke.

But it is always easy to sit back and say someone else is taking things too seriously. That is what most people do, so I can't blame you man.

It isn't funny to me though.

Don't you think people that supposedly make these negative assumptions about black people from the little media that they see already have preconceived notions to look at black people in a negative light? Aren't they already a lost cause?

I just think there are more pressing issues than these type of viral videos. I really don't see anything that will come out of this.

Don't you think people that supposedly make these negative assumptions about black people from the little media that they see already have preconceived notions to look at black people in a negative light? Aren't they already a lost cause?

I just think there are more pressing issues than these type of viral videos. I really don't see anything that will come out of this.

This. There are bad apples in every group. I watch Jersey Shore with a grain of salt because I know Italian doctors, engineers and model citizens who don't act like that. It's still embarassing but I don't have any preconcieved notions about Italians so I don't judge them by it.

If anyone sees this video and projects this type of behavior (a behavior I honestly don't think is that harmful in the large scope of problems in the black community), they were probably prejudiced to begin with. We have a "black" President, you would think that would be enough to show another side of the black community but racist people do not care.

Back
Top Bottom