Any advice on insurance for your kicks?

I have general home insurance but I'm worried that if anything were to happen to my collection, what would be the best way to legitimize the cost of anypotential claim?

I have a modest collection, but it does include some gems!
ohwell.gif

Any help would be appreciated!

Mods, if this is the wrong forum, my apologies and please move!

I have general home insurance but I'm worried that if anything were to happen to my collection, what would be the best way to legitimize the cost of anypotential claim?

I have a modest collection, but it does include some gems!
ohwell.gif

Any help would be appreciated!

Mods, if this is the wrong forum, my apologies and please move!

Make photo records of your shoes.

If they agree to your claims, use a website like PYS to assure the value of each shoe.

I remember a fellow NT'er months ago endured a home burglary while he was away and his mom gave insurance a website that sold variants for cheap toreference his collection. Needless to say he received a fraction of what he truly deserved.

grin.gif

Make photo records of your shoes.

If they agree to your claims, use a website like PYS to assure the value of each shoe.

I remember a fellow NT'er months ago endured a home burglary while he was away and his mom gave insurance a website that sold variants for cheap toreference his collection. Needless to say he received a fraction of what he truly deserved.

grin.gif

^^ Ouch.. that sucks.

My dad has been saying he wants to insure my shoes, he just told me to give picture evidence. I'm not sure where I would find the value for most of them..

^^ Ouch.. that sucks.

My dad has been saying he wants to insure my shoes, he just told me to give picture evidence. I'm not sure where I would find the value for most of them..

Thanks for the feedback NT! I think photographic evidence along with web references is the way to go. Do you think that a general picture along withSize/Product tag would be sufficient? My thinking is that the date of production is on the tag thus verifying the value (in-case of multiple releases andre-issues).

Thanks again folks!

Thanks for the feedback NT! I think photographic evidence along with web references is the way to go. Do you think that a general picture along withSize/Product tag would be sufficient? My thinking is that the date of production is on the tag thus verifying the value (in-case of multiple releases andre-issues).

Thanks again folks!

I would increase my home insurance and document the fair market value (via ebay or other websites) and photos.

I would increase my home insurance and document the fair market value (via ebay or other websites) and photos.

i got renters insurance with State farm. They were asking me what i had, computer, tv, jewelry, ect..... They asked if i had any "collectibles" itold them i had a bunch of shoes. They guy told me if they were retro jordans or anything ( sister works for Nike ) and that i didnt were some of them. I toldhim how many pairs how much they are worth a piece and thats about it

Back
Top Bottom