Any Chess Players on NT?

I use to play when I was 16..haven't played in at least 10 years..I was very good at it too..I use to b ranked in middle school and high school..

If i picked up a chess board today..I would still have my chess ability to whoop anyone..

Originally Posted by scshift

does it really make you smarter??
cuz I used to go hamb on it and didn't feel smarter..
Depends. If you play each move with a strategy and actively try and anticipate moves, you will become better at multi-tasking, prediction and strategy.[/u]

Yep.

Chess really made me start thinking steps, days, months, years ahead in life. It's a great game.

laugh.gif

Doubtful. PM me your info Chronicmole and when I have time, I'll set up an account and see if you're bout that life.

EDIT: Anyone else interested in playing me, PM me your info and I'll set up an account this coming weekend.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Love the game but I'm pretty mediocre

Same. Only one way to get better though!
Chess.com is nice because you play people who are your skill level so you're not getting crushed all the time.

Dalek challenged me to a game but after checking out his rating (1600+) I passed haha. 

Originally Posted by franchise3

Still new to my iPhone but i read a great article the other day. Somebody cut and paste the link. Thanks in advance. http://www.nytimes.com/20...mid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

One of my friends actually taught the kid on left how to play (or at least helped the main teacher teach him)
Dude in middle goes to my old middle school just for chess
laugh.gif
No idea who the dude in right pic is

Oh, and my chess.com username is wats22dividedby7 so add me or challenge me if you want.

I love this thread, props to everyone. I play from time to time and love it, but I need to step my game up.

Originally Posted by amel223

I know how to play. I'm just not that good. I know players who literally see the board 20 moves ahead at a time. When I see that all the time I just feel like, what's the point. I rather play a mindless game like COD lollll.

This, I know how to play, but I'm just a regular dude, I just know how the pieces move and all that, I can't know things like check in 3 mate in 4 
laugh.gif

I like to play but its been a while. I'd be down for an NT tourney though 
and will sign up .

*Does anyone hate the beginning of a match like I do? I really don't like making/choosing the first two-three moves.

^^^^ how weak must you be? The first two or three moves set up the whole tempo of the game, you get destroyed if youcant open right.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

I like to play but its been a while. I'd be down for an NT tourney though 
and will sign up .

*Does anyone hate the beginning of a match like I do? I really don't like making/choosing the first two-three moves.
Its sort of a drag because opening moves are pretty much memorization

Been playing a lot lately and thinking about it even more when I'm not playing.

Would like to play with my fellow NTers - SN is 2Q12 on chess.com. Add me.

I should play more. Didn't know how to play until an 8 year old from my group taught me how to play one summer. The more you play the better you get.

Played in hs and actually was a champion of my whole hs when I was freshman. Haven't played since. But I think I still can play somewhat decent.

Back
Top Bottom