Any Golfers on NT?

I don't even have a driver in the bag :lol:. 3 wood off of the tee all day for me.

I don't even have a driver in the bag :lol:. 3 wood off of the tee all day for me.

That was me for the previous 4 years... I would take 240yds because my misses were much less... Took 3 lessons this winter and now consistent 270 with the driver and the misses are actually better than with my 3 wood... If you can find the time, finding a pro to help you find a driver swing is worth every penny... Didn't realize how much different my swing would be with driver in hand than any other club... Also exaggerated my swing faults with a longer shaft... Now I need him to fix my putting stroke.

That was me for the previous 4 years... I would take 240yds because my misses were much less... Took 3 lessons this winter and now consistent 270 with the driver and the misses are actually better than with my 3 wood... If you can find the time, finding a pro to help you find a driver swing is worth every penny... Didn't realize how much different my swing would be with driver in hand than any other club... Also exaggerated my swing faults with a longer shaft... Now I need him to fix my putting stroke.
I've always wanted to go for some lessons but I'm a little leery of just going to some average joe with a PGA card :lol:. I'll have to look up some reputable pros in my area.

I've always wanted to go for some lessons but I'm a little leery of just going to some average joe with a PGA card :lol:. I'll have to look up some reputable pros in my area.

Depends on your level. If you've been playing for a few years + and can objectively say you're pretty good, the natural progression to take that next step could be just that.

Honestly for me, golf is a sport where everyone has learned something from someone and most casual players are willing to share. Just going to the course myself and getting grouped with other 2-3 somes, I've picked up tips each time. That and with the help of YouTube, I got markedly better. Until I stop improving, thats the route I will go. It's slow, but it's been working.

I'm an average golfer (13hcp) but truly only play 9 holes a week... Not enough room for vast improvement so I tend to lean towards lessons because for me the money:time ratio is better spent there than a 4 hour round away from my family... If I were single, I would probably be in 2 golf leagues and play Saturday and Sunday mornings every week... I also found a Pro that knows how my brain works in regards to my swing and on the course, so we both know the fastest route.

My cousin was hitting one behind us at a course that is tucked between a ton of trees and that thing is LOUD... Finally got a good swing going with my Aeroburner and that thing can go... Still erratic but it is more my swing than anything... If I can find one at a good price I may pull the trigger.

I started about a year and a half ago. Finally found a driver swing, have a Taylormade R15. Last round I shot a 95, best round I've shot to this point. I want to get to 90 by the end of the year, that's the goal anyway.

Still tinkering with it, but getting off the tee is/was for sure the most frustrating part of my game.

Driver has always been my weakness. Irons have always been rock solid. What really helped me was doing half swings with a 7 iron until I was sick then do some more to really make sure my sequencing was good and make sure I was shallowing it out. this allowed me to bleed that feeling into my driver and now it's slowly becoming a strength.

Bowing your left wrist slightly at the start of the downswing helped me immensley (like revving a motorcycle). Closes the face and shallows you out instantly.

I started about a year and a half ago. Finally found a driver swing, have a Taylormade R15. Last round I shot a 95, best round I've shot to this point. I want to get to 90 by the end of the year, that's the goal anyway.

Still tinkering with it, but getting off the tee is/was for sure the most frustrating part of my game.

I remember seeing something I can’t remember where might’ve been on here but it was play mini 3 hole games throughout the round. If you score 15 every time from holes 1-3,4-6,7-9 etc it will be a total score of 90 after 18 holes. I do it a lot but I try to keep any par 3 under 5 so I have some room for error on other holes or hopefully break 90 again.

I remember seeing something I can’t remember where might’ve been on here but it was play mini 3 hole games throughout the round. If you score 15 every time from holes 1-3,4-6,7-9 etc it will be a total score of 90 after 18 holes. I do it a lot but I try to keep any par 3 under 5 so I have some room for error on other holes or hopefully break 90 again.

Great tip, I always take it one hole at a time. Don't look ahead or behind. Pull up the score at the end.

I'll try this way on my next go.

150 and in is probably where most struggle
I would agree that 100 and in is where most people struggle. 100-150 should be theoretically the strongest clubs in the bag since it cover mid to short irons and even wedges.

Depends on your level. If you've been playing for a few years + and can objectively say you're pretty good, the natural progression to take that next step could be just that.

Honestly for me, golf is a sport where everyone has learned something from someone and most casual players are willing to share. Just going to the course myself and getting grouped with other 2-3 somes, I've picked up tips each time. That and with the help of YouTube, I got markedly better. Until I stop improving, thats the route I will go. It's slow, but it's been working.
I'm the same way. I enjoy the process of tweaking and tinkering to get better. Started playing 3 years ago and over time I've adjusted my swing/game to where I consider myself relatively good. I'm usually low 90s and can occasionally go sub 85 if everything's working for me on a given day. As someone who can only get on on the weekends in the Summer I'm fine with playing bogey golf.

Most of my issues do stem from my tee shots though. I'm fine on par 3s, and even par 5s since I have an extra shot to recover. My misses with a 3 wood off the tee are a lot less exaggerated than with a driver which is why I use it. This season is just starting for me though so we'll see how I'm shooting in August. Maybe I'll figure it out.

Anyone playing tomorrow before cook outs? I have a 8:15 tee time hopefully be done and back home by about 12:30-1 and have some beers and bbq

Anyone with some good wedge recommendations? I have no problem buying used clubs, but I’m a little hesitant with used wedges.

Also anyone looking for pre-owned clubs Callaway pre owned site has some pretty solid deals.

Anyone with some good wedge recommendations? I have no problem buying used clubs, but I’m a little hesitant with used wedges.

Also anyone looking for pre-owned clubs Callaway pre owned site has some pretty solid deals.

I’ve always had great experiences with callaway. Anything in like new condition usually comes still wrapped in plastic.

2nd Swing has good quality and CS, also have a good rating system so you'll know the exact condition. Just make sure the grooves and face a clean enough if you are getting pre owned. I bought my callaway wedges from them a year ago, all has been well.

Today was a good god damn day... pumped up, had no idea until we were done.

IMG_0815.JPG

that black out is sick.

It's been close to 1 year since my first step onto a course. I've progressed to the point that my first set of clubs (used cw x hots, regular flex) have been repaired enough times that I was looking for a new set.

Landed on a new set of TM M2s '16 for a good price. Thought they were the ones for me, but was blinded by the extra distance these give. What I didn't realize until I hit the course was the sound on impact plus the really odd adjustments I was making due to the length of the clubs. Realized they weren't for me.

Wet back to Roger Dunn, and found a set of Honmas (not what you are thinking) for the steal price. Again, didn't realize they were stiff flex, which is new to me, and considering a slow 73 mph avg swing speed, might not be optimal for me at the moment.

However, after ranging for the last week, when i hit the sweet spot, these are just better in every way than my old clubs.
But my quandry is do i want a set that requires more effort to hit pure or an easier forgiving set for less distance.

Good thing RD has 90 day hassle free return, so thoeritically i could try sets for a couple months then take them back.

Curious to know what everyone thinks.
Easier club for good results but shorter distance.
vs.
Harder to hit, but upon sweet spot connection at least more loft and distance.

Also curious if anyone can chime in on stand vs. cart bag around $150 and under.
The only feature i really care about are openiing divieders that go down to the end.

That mizzy Betty is a beauty, I love putters. I currently game a Newport 2 which o don't ever think will leave the bag but I do like collecting old Scotty Newports

Anyone have a driving iron? Kind of want to grab one for those tight tee shots just to use as a fairway finder

That mizzy Betty is a beauty, I love putters. I currently game a Newport 2 which o don't ever think will leave the bag but I do like collecting old Scotty Newports

Anyone have a driving iron? Kind of want to grab one for those tight tee shots just to use as a fairway finder
Ive been debating the same thing, my lowest iron is a 5 which off the tee is 195-205 yd... kinda want something longer than a 5 and more reliable than driver

Ive been debating the same thing, my lowest iron is a 5 which off the tee is 195-205 yd... kinda want something longer than a 5 and more reliable than driver
I have a Srixon ZU45 20 degree driving iron. Awesome club.

Also nice Mizuno Bettinardi up there :pimp:. I want one of those just for the collection.

Back
Top Bottom