Any Golfers on NT?

just got back from a 3 day golf trip...

played 18 tuesday, 45 wednesday, than finished it off today with 18

seriously the worst i played since i can remember...im so clueless of the tee its ridiculous...i lost every golf ball in my bag

driver...push slice, nasty #$# snap hook
3 wood...pull draw...tried to just play it...yea didnt work
hybrid...pop up slice
than i decided to hit the 3 iron....ONLY FAIRWAY I HIT THE WHOLE TRIP.

1 ##@#%+@ FAIRWAY

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i was seriously embarrased in front of my dad, uncle and buddy

smh at me i need help...

yea but it was a hour away from where i live
laugh.gif

always better than working i guess

damn. so i didnt think i'd EVER BUY a nike driver again. but i have issues turning over 460cc drivers and i sometimes turned my 420cc r9 driver TOO much... enter the 440cc range with the nike vr tour driver....

i LOVE IT SO MUCH that i just bought a second one hahahahahaha

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

original vr tour setup: nike vr 8.5* (8.5* true loft, 1* open) with my trusty matrix ozik f7m2 shaft....

the new setup #2... the TIGER: nike vr 8.5* (9* true loft, 0.5* open) with a diamana whiteboard 73s....

total RETAIL price of these drivers? about $1300... how much did it cost me? less than $350 HAHAHAHAHAHA. gotta love the freebie $300 shafts....

gotta practice for my pga west trip in a couple weeks. i got weapons that hit atomic bombs on the course....

Originally Posted by dland24

Nike woods < _______
you have no !$*%#!% idea of what you're talking about.... i've tested basically every oem club out for the past 8 years... including prototypes for the major manufacturers... believe me, 3 months ago, i would have likely said the same thing in regards to nike drivers. now, not so much and i'm eating crow.

I dont know how the brand new ones are now, but before the new new Nike drivers even professional golfers would talk %@*% about Nike clubs. Like I said, the new ones might actually be great. But before the new generation of clubs, I 100% stand by my statement. And professional golfers agree with me.

I'm just curious how much of an edge these new composite clubs give? Say there are 2 players of equal skill level; they're both a 5/10. If one player uses modern clubs and the other uses clubs from 10 yrs ago, how big of an edge does the former player have?

Originally Posted by dland24

I dont know how the brand new ones are now, but before the new new Nike drivers even professional golfers would talk %@*% about Nike clubs. Like I said, the new ones might actually be great. But before the new generation of clubs, I 100% stand by my statement. And professional golfers agree with me.

i agree with you. prior to the vr 440cc, the only good driver was the nike sq tour. all the other drivers have been very poor showings. nike however did have good showing in the fairway wood department with the nike ignite and the sasquatch 2 fairway woods (even non-nike staffer louis oosteheizen won st andrews with them). the new vr line is quite admirable and their vr wedges are actually pretty spinny.... nike's stepped the game up but i still think a lot of their product is hit or miss. like i said, i didnt think i would ever hit a nike driver and here i am owning 2... oh well. i just like the smaller cc head. my shafts speak for themselves. theyre bad *+* clubs....

Do you have an opinion on the TaylorMade Tour Burner TP driver?

I demo'ed it and it felt fantastic. I'm using a SUMO 2 right now, and it just doesn't feel like I can generate headspeed, and I suspect there is some lag (but that's a shaft thing, no?).

I have a VR Str-8 fit Driver w/ 11.5 loft.... love the club, love the sound...but i goof'd and got a reg flex when i should of got Stiff( which i though i selected when ordering).... gonna head out to golf galaxy tomorrow and see if i can get a stiff flex and sell my standard issue voodoo shaft and hopefully not pay TOO much difference.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Do you have an opinion on the TaylorMade Tour Burner TP driver?

I demo'ed it and it felt fantastic. I'm using a SUMO 2 right now, and it just doesn't feel like I can generate headspeed, and I suspect there is some lag (but that's a shaft thing, no?).
the 2008 version? don't get it. it's not that bad of a head but based on you swing adverntures bastitch, i think it'll do you more harm then good. i've never NOT demo'd a club very well the first time. i say if you really like the club, demo it at least on 5 different occassions and then make your decision.

hit a 90 yesterday, my lowest score to date
smokin.gif
... Par-72 so i played bogey golf which was my goal for a while.... putted for birdie 3 holes in a row
1st i 3-putted because i rushed the par putt
smh.gif

2nd my bird lipped out
smh.gif

the 3rd i buried a 12 footer
pimp.gif

loving playing now 13 months later than when i started

i havent bought a club in 2 years but i think im gonna get a more forgiving driver...im hitting the titleist d2 right now

kobetwo- im thinking about that nike driver....how many grams is that diamana shaft?? and matrix shaft??

Played 18 the other day, and my 6 iron, 5 iron, 9 iron all broke FML. Time for new clubs
smh.gif
laugh.gif

^naw granite
laugh.gif
They've been baking in my car all summer sooooo I think that might have had something to do with it
smh.gif

damn that sucsk rck2sactown

have a buddy that plays in the Adams Golf Pro tour and he wants me to caddy. Probably going to go soon and try and get some pics.

Have some pics of La Cantera course, will post pics soon

I finally went to Hiddenbrooke for the first time yesterday, and was pretty impressed with the course. I can't remember the last time I played on greens that were that nice/fast. I probably could have shot in the low 80's but my driver was hating up until the 7th hole. I ended up with 50 on the front 9 with 41 on the back.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

i havent bought a club in 2 years but i think im gonna get a more forgiving driver...im hitting the titleist d2 right now

kobetwo- im thinking about that nike driver....how many grams is that diamana shaft?? and matrix shaft??

73 on the whiteboard stiff
74 on the ozik f7m2....

fyi, these are my own personal custom shafts. not nike offerred (well the whiteboard is)

Originally Posted by youngmoney

73 on the whiteboard stiff
74 on the ozik f7m2....

fyi, these are my own personal custom shafts. not nike offerred (well the whiteboard is)

Back
Top Bottom