Any Golfers on NT?

My 2nd lesson with the Hiddenbrooke pro is tomorrow afternoon.

My swing has been completely turned upside down, and I've essentially started over.

The first thing we've started working on is my swing plane and developing an inside-out swing path to create a slight natural draw. I have like 5 swing-thoughts going right now as I address the ball, and as you know that's ALL bad. I'll just have to work all this out until swing-thoughts become "muscle-memory" and I can keep improving.

Originally Posted by k0betw0

damn. so i didnt think i'd EVER BUY a nike driver again. but i have issues turning over 460cc drivers and i sometimes turned my 420cc r9 driver TOO much... enter the 440cc range with the nike vr tour driver....

i LOVE IT SO MUCH that i just bought a second one hahahahahaha

IMG_0010.JPG

original vr tour setup: nike vr 8.5* (8.5* true loft, 1* open) with my trusty matrix ozik f7m2 shaft....

the new setup #2... the TIGER: nike vr 8.5* (9* true loft, 0.5* open) with a diamana whiteboard 73s....

total RETAIL price of these drivers? about $1300... how much did it cost me? less than $350 HAHAHAHAHAHA. gotta love the freebie $300 shafts....

gotta practice for my pga west trip in a couple weeks. i got weapons that hit atomic bombs on the course....

very very sweet setup.

been rocking the vr tour all season, tried with a miyazaki black and a motore speeder but I keep coming back to the stock project x. they really got it close to the aftermarket version. i was bombing a proto one with a cobra s all winter. f7m2 is a sleeper shaft!

just cleaned mine for my trip...

08c15ee69d64b681387e0f056e9c6875c8efcfe.jpg

98225cfe6c9166a5b42893b6be1a512add37d3e.jpg

4e715fec9a60b4883532b0f14a98ed616546ce8.jpg

and i'll show you a cheap alternative for a putter cover guys...don't worry, just tell people you stole the idea from me.
pimp.gif

step 1...

7c33599cea9993746bfabe608d81a7a1038d103.jpg

step 2...

26b251ced39406f1b3f8f15a36c76746c3bf4c0.jpg

Thanks westCoacst my swing as been getting better and better

Vanilla, my dude, thats like a Vr orgasm
laugh.gif
I LOVE IT.

Thinking about getting my clubs regripped, would like a softer style grip. Anyone know what this normally runs?

^^^ im thinking about doing the same...switching to something a little softer, around 5$ per club then add the gripping fee of like 3$ a club unless you want to regrip yourself

If you can wait til the end of the year, golf galaxy usually runs a regripping coupon where you get a discount on the grips and labor.

lamkin crossline tour.... best grip for the money.... and fyi. lamkins last longer then golf pride grips.

man Nike VR Drivers SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, yea Im mad. I cant find the VR tour in the smaller cc head in LH, NOWHERE... I really wanted to give it a shot.. I seriously have a driver that is 10 years old, but so far NO other driver has replaced it in my bag. Tried the Callaway ft-9. Tried the Adams Speedline (I did like the way the ball jumped off the face) still have yet to find a set up to kick my current driver out thou..

The Club Championship is next weekend, Looking forward to playing, since I have been playing really well.

Appreciate the info regarding the grips. Just checked that Lamkins website out. For the style you are referring to, the tour, would the oversize be the softest? Apologize for the ignorant question, just not familiar with this at all.

you guys want soft grips, go buy some fat leathery winn grips. i like firm, tacky grips so i cosign the lamkins.

^
I used to play Golf Prides and Winn's (still do on the driver)

Lamkin's are the truth!

To the lefty...

It is a shame Nike doesn't make the VR Tour in LH. Nike doesn't give you guys any glued options which stinks.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

oh, yea Im mad. I cant find the VR tour in the smaller cc head in LH, NOWHERE... I really wanted to give it a shot.. I seriously have a driver that is 10 years old, but so far NO other driver has replaced it in my bag. Tried the Callaway ft-9. Tried the Adams Speedline (I did like the way the ball jumped off the face) still have yet to find a set up to kick my current driver out thou..

The Club Championship is next weekend, Looking forward to playing, since I have been playing really well.

go try the callaway ft tour driver.... it's pretty close in terms of performance but launches a little lower. i've found my nike vr tour 8.5 performs pretty identical to the ft tour 9.5.... same size driver too (440cc). and i know for fact it comes in lefty as well....

such a humbling game.
two rounds ago..I was killing the ball
last time around.. I couldn't hit anything straight.

I blamed it on a change in my swing mechanics... so I expected to downgrade my game until I got used to it..but man... I didn't expect to not hit ANY good shots...

felt like this:

go try the callaway ft tour driver.... it's pretty close in terms of performance but launches a little lower. i've found my nike vr tour 8.5 performs pretty identical to the ft tour 9.5.... same size driver too (440cc). and i know for fact it comes in lefty as well....

You know what, I actually was looking at them.  They came out no more than a week after I got the FT-9 Tour.. And since I just didnt like it, I kinda strawed away from Callaway.  I do need to get on a trackman with some drivers, and test out some new shafts as well.  I am tired of our Local Golf Galaxy's simulator being 20+ yards.  Thanks for the advice. I may check em out this weekend..

BTW, the Adams' pro tour is in town, went out today (in 104 heat) and watched my friends buddy play.  He is the club pro at the course they are playing at . (Emerald Falls Golf Course) so he got a expemption.  He was paired up with a dude that was head to toe Nike Gear, even had some TW's shoes that I had never seen before in an all white colorway, had the VR blades, and VR woods.. and a Stanford Bag tag, and also a Stanford Headcover.. Sure enough he played College Golf at Stanford.  he said he just turned pro a few weeks ago.  Dude had such a nice swing.  Only 5 of us were following their group, so it was cool talking to the guys, but we didnt chat it up too much.. But If I see him again tomorrow and get a chance to ask, ima see if he Met Tiger.. Suppose to be that Tiger meets up with all the Stanford golfers..

You know what, I actually was looking at them.  They came out no more than a week after I got the FT-9 Tour.. And since I just didnt like it, I kinda strawed away from Callaway.  I do need to get on a trackman with some drivers, and test out some new shafts as well.  I am tired of our Local Golf Galaxy's simulator being 20+ yards.  Thanks for the advice. I may check em out this weekend..

BTW, the Adams' pro tour is in town, went out today (in 104 heat) and watched my friends buddy play.  He is the club pro at the course they are playing at . (Emerald Falls Golf Course) so he got a expemption.  He was paired up with a dude that was head to toe Nike Gear, even had some TW's shoes that I had never seen before in an all white colorway, had the VR blades, and VR woods.. and a Stanford Bag tag, and also a Stanford Headcover.. Sure enough he played College Golf at Stanford.  he said he just turned pro a few weeks ago.  Dude had such a nice swing.  Only 5 of us were following their group, so it was cool talking to the guys, but we didnt chat it up too much.. But If I see him again tomorrow and get a chance to ask, ima see if he Met Tiger.. Suppose to be that Tiger meets up with all the Stanford golfers..

all white tws are the 2011 models that tiger is currently wearing right now.

all white tws are the 2011 models that tiger is currently wearing right now.

I have yet to try a pair of nike golf shoes that I like. All of them seem to be super narrow and the ones that fit are terrible to walk a round in. Foot Joy or Ecco ftw.

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

damn. so i didnt think i'd EVER BUY a nike driver again. but i have issues turning over 460cc drivers and i sometimes turned my 420cc r9 driver TOO much... enter the 440cc range with the nike vr tour driver....

i LOVE IT SO MUCH that i just bought a second one hahahahahaha

IMG_0010.JPG

original vr tour setup: nike vr 8.5* (8.5* true loft, 1* open) with my trusty matrix ozik f7m2 shaft....

the new setup #2... the TIGER: nike vr 8.5* (9* true loft, 0.5* open) with a diamana whiteboard 73s....

total RETAIL price of these drivers? about $1300... how much did it cost me? less than $350 HAHAHAHAHAHA. gotta love the freebie $300 shafts....

gotta practice for my pga west trip in a couple weeks. i got weapons that hit atomic bombs on the course....

very very sweet setup.

been rocking the vr tour all season, tried with a miyazaki black and a motore speeder but I keep coming back to the stock project x. they really got it close to the aftermarket version. i was bombing a proto one with a cobra s all winter. f7m2 is a sleeper shaft!

just cleaned mine for my trip...

08c15ee69d64b681387e0f056e9c6875c8efcfe.jpg

98225cfe6c9166a5b42893b6be1a512add37d3e.jpg

4e715fec9a60b4883532b0f14a98ed616546ce8.jpg

and i'll show you a cheap alternative for a putter cover guys...don't worry, just tell people you stole the idea from me.
pimp.gif

step 1...

7c33599cea9993746bfabe608d81a7a1038d103.jpg

step 2...

26b251ced39406f1b3f8f15a36c76746c3bf4c0.jpg

what baby size shoe is that?

^
Infant 5.5

should say 5.5c on the box. got em at the nike outlet with coupon for 17 bucks. nordstrom rack is a good place to look too.

good to see there's a golf thread here..
I'm in the process of rebuilding my set. I'll post pics when my clubs get back from the shop.

My Bag:

Driver : Nike VR Tour 8.5 - Diamana Whiteboard 73x

3 wood : Titleist 909f3 15 - Project X 7.0

Hybrids : Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 2 and 3 Hybrids - Project X 7.0

Irons : Cleveland TA1 Gunmetal 4-pw - Rifle 6.5

Wedges: Nike TW Wedges 56 & 60 -  Rifle Spinner 6.5 

Putter : Ping Scotsdale

Golf Swing

Can't figure out how to embed tho..

Back
Top Bottom