Any Golfers on NT?

any opinions on Taylor Made Burner irons? thinking of copping a set from rockbottomgolf

Pretty new to the game, started with a full set of Adams Tight Lies, debating a club upgrade.

Just figured I'd drop in and keep you all updated with my bag changes (as if you cared...lol), anywho, I dropped the Nike Dymo Str8 fit 9.5* w/ stiff pro force and replaced it with a Taylormade R9 FCT 9.5* w/ stiff Motore (I've never owned a TM driver, so this will be interesting). I also did what I said I'd never do. I dropped my Scotty Studio Style Newport 2 for a Scotty Circa 62 #3. If you must know, it was the face insert that bothered me....and I really don't know why. I'll take pics when I get them.

^
Nice swing and setup. I was a project x guy for a long time and just put rifle's in my TW blades. Love 'em!

How are the spinner wedge shafts? Notice any extra spin, or is it just a higher flight? I always like the shafts in my irons to match my wedges.

For the baby shoe headcover...I don't put my cover on and off. I have an external putter well and I leave my putter uncovered the whole round. My putter is a newport 2 for reference and I have no problem slipping it on and off. I like it better than the scotty covers with velcro. I still don't know why Scotty doesn't come out with some magnetic ones.

IMO the shoe is much easier cuz you slip the toe of the putter head in the shoe literally like a foot. it's very simple so I think it beats a headcover hands down.

I need to post a pic of my set up. I will do it sometime this week. I played today, in 15-20 mph wind gust (10-15 constant winds) and still did pretty good.. I played with my bro who is not good at all, but he seems to be getting better. I usually just go out there and try to work on new stuff when I play with him, since he seems to always slow down my pace, but today, I shot well despite not really being 100% focused.  I shot a 42 on the front which with the way I have been playing is not good at all, then shot a 39 on the back.  For an 81.  Next week is the Club Championship.  I had a lesson with my club pro 2 weeks ago, after about an 8-9 month period since my last real lesson, and he was very surprise how much better I had got since then.  I think because he sees that I am very serious about getting better, that he is really wanting to work more on with me on my game.  He wants me to go out and play 18 with him and this other player he is working with.  He is a College golfer, and he wants me to be able to play with guys who have serious skill.  He thinks I could win the outright Club Championship in the next year or two.  So I will keep you guys updated (for those who care. lol)..

^^ i appreciate it.. yeah the spinner shafts are pretty solid, it does give you a higher ball flight and shots tend to stick on the green more than spin back..

But im leaning towards getting project x shafts throughout my irons and wedges, to keep it consistent.

Nice VR set too, I'm contemplating a new set of irons, hows the feel on the TW blades?

i recently picked up new irons, im working with:

Titleist 909D2 w/stock aldila voodoo
Ping i15 15* w/Proforce AXIVCore Blue
Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid w/a pulled diamana blue
Mizuno MX25 4-PW
cleveland cg12 52, 56, 60
Scotty SS Newport 2 w/ping putter grip 34 inches

Well crap...my R9 isn't coming. The seller claims he sold it locally and couldn't end the auction, so I'm on the lookout for a driver. I absolutely hated my Nike Dymo Str8 fit which makes me scared to try another Nike driver. I'm thinking about the Ping G15 or i15. What's the difference? Anywho, my Scotty Circa 62 #3 should be here Thursday or Friday. Hey kobetwo, what Nike staff bag is that? Is it the VR one? I've been trying to pick up the leather VR staff bag for a while, but I think my friends would make fun of me for owning a pro-type bag and having a well....less than pro-type game...lol.

the bag posted in this page with the swoosh is the standard nike cart bag. it isn't the vr staff bag.

in regards to drivers....
get the g15 over the i15. its longer and more forgiving and the i15 has more fade bias. i can't even stand the look of the dymo or any str8 fit, but i seriously love the vr tour (non-str8 fit) driver. so much that i have 2 of them as you can see. the r9 actually is a great driver but its just straight not very long.

other drivers to look at.....
r9 super tri
vr tour
adams 9015d (should be SUPER DUPER CHEAP RIGHT NOW)
ping g15
ping rapture v2 with diamana blueboard (it comes stock and the price got dropped recently)

sorry got my blues mixed up, its a grafalloy prolaunch

any tips on how to stop flipping on impact? cant solve this to save my life

@flex

I was playing AP2's last year. A way more forgiving club than those TA1's you got. I would say going from the AP2's in the TW's I lost a little distance, but the feel is great. The head is heavy which I prefer and the bounce is damn near perfect. It's harder to hit off the tee than the AP2's, but I love my TW. An even stronger player like yourself would probably really like them. I actually thought the TW blades were more forgiving than the splits from this year. Even Maltby said so in their report.

I know a lot of player that love those clevelands that you have though. Those are definitely classics.

Originally Posted by pootaing

26b251ced39406f1b3f8f15a36c76746c3bf4c0.jpg

eek.gif

THIS IS GENIUS!!!

Couple questions:

How is the snugness on a 5.5c? 

Is it easy getting on and off when your on the course? 

No its not. I hope to God I dont see anyone with this when I play.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

^agreed. lets keep the hypebeast-like behavior off the course
laugh.gif

real talk. i mean i'm all about doing you and the whole 9 considering i was all about the blinged out bag, super hyphy lookin golf !$+*. but now, i want the most discreet looking bag. my !$+*'s expensive, i dont want to attract any attention to it so that it may get jacked....

bastitch how do you like your taylormade plus irons? i'm just starting and looking for super forgiving irons. i was swinging at the shop the other day and liked them, and just got them online for 300.

are they forgiving?
easy to get up in the air?

Nice putter.

Got a set of Taylor Made Burner Plus Irons yesterday, going to try them out today.

Keep an eye out for Nike stuff in 2011.

The traditionalists should love the new stuff. If you liked the current splits and blades be prepared for more sexiness. New drivers are going to be hot too.

eh... 2011 nike stuff is kinda blah.... new blades are ugly imo. round machspeed? thats a j-spec driver thats already out. vr tour 460? eh.

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

Keep an eye out for Nike stuff in 2011.

The traditionalists should love the new stuff. If you liked the current splits and blades be prepared for more sexiness. New drivers are going to be hot too.

WRONG WRONG WRONG.... as usual, odd years for nike = UGLY #+% CLUBS.....

%+* did they do to the nike method? this makes the 2010 look like miss universe.....
method11.jpg

vr 2011 blades? look like the original nike blades with a vr pro stamp on them....
vrb11.jpg

vr pro combo? eh. they look good, but this stamping of the vr procombo ISNT EVEN CENTERED PROPERLY (not to mention it looks ugly as sin)
vrpc11.jpg

and their vr standard cavity? U_G_L_Y
vriron11.jpg

now the new driver? eh.... it looks ok but i like my 2010 vr tour driver infinitely better.... plus no extra heel weight from the str8fit junk
vrd11.jpg

and the machspeed? eh... its a machspeed....
msd11.jpg

as usual. the even years, nike makes great looking product and the odd years... well apparently they hire jordan's stylist to do aesthetics....

Back
Top Bottom