Anybody had any dealings with Scientologists???

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I defend Scientologists & Scientology. They get a bad rap for being as crazy as any other religion. So, are they crazy? Yep. Any more than any other religion? nope. If you'd date a mormon, you can date a Scientologist.

I don't think you're required to pay to be a mormon. So, no.
I used 'mormon' generically.  If the fees are what make them more insane, you should look into other religions that ask for a tithing.  It costs a lot to be in god's graces.

I defend Scientologists & Scientology. They get a bad rap for being as crazy as any other religion. So, are they crazy? Yep. Any more than any other religion? nope. If you'd date a mormon, you can date a Scientologist.

I used 'mormon' generically.  If the fees are what make them more insane, you should look into other religions that ask for a tithing.  It costs a lot to be in god's graces.

Not at my Church.

Not at my Church.

Originally Posted by Young Retroz

dont run away. smash first then leave her alone.
son, the cakes was on point though....
smh.gif

i reckon the temple sent this sister out into the community as bait to reel in young n's like myself.... shame on them
smh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Young Retroz

dont run away. smash first then leave her alone.
son, the cakes was on point though....
smh.gif

i reckon the temple sent this sister out into the community as bait to reel in young n's like myself.... shame on them
smh.gif
tired.gif

I'll just leave this here

Thehistoryofscientology.gif

Um I don't know what statement you're tryna make with this. But this is about as believable as any other religion in human history.

I wouldn't be surprised if scientology was simply a satire of the concept of religion itself.

Um I don't know what statement you're tryna make with this. But this is about as believable as any other religion in human history.

I wouldn't be surprised if scientology was simply a satire of the concept of religion itself.

AntonLaVey wrote:
I have no issue with scientology except for the fact that you have to pay for membership (apparently). That's wrong on so many levels.
in the beginning of Christianity people paid of their sins. And the bibles were only in Latin so only the priest could actually read them. Every religion has a "dark side"

AntonLaVey wrote:
I have no issue with scientology except for the fact that you have to pay for membership (apparently). That's wrong on so many levels.
in the beginning of Christianity people paid of their sins. And the bibles were only in Latin so only the priest could actually read them. Every religion has a "dark side"

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Ummm no...I understand you hate religion, I do myself.  But the bible is actually a book that is somewhat based in history and offers moral/ethical guidence.  Scientology does not of that, and is simply a hustle.  Belief it or not, lots of religous people are dedicated to helping the world and are the people least infatuated with wealth and material items...Scientology does not espouse any values except giving money, and staying away from psychotropic medicines.

Ummm no...I understand you hate religion, I do myself.  But the bible is actually a book that is somewhat based in history and offers moral/ethical guidence.  Scientology does not of that, and is simply a hustle.  Belief it or not, lots of religous people are dedicated to helping the world and are the people least infatuated with wealth and material items...Scientology does not espouse any values except giving money, and staying away from psychotropic medicines.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Most aren't. Most people in this world are religious. And most people in this world are hateful, selfish and rotten to the core. Religion for the most part has nothing to do with it...it's human nature. Many religious people don't practice the "good" in their religions. Not to sound like a broken record, there's a lot of %%# written in holy books, people pick and choose based on their own agenda.

Most aren't. Most people in this world are religious. And most people in this world are hateful, selfish and rotten to the core. Religion for the most part has nothing to do with it...it's human nature. Many religious people don't practice the "good" in their religions. Not to sound like a broken record, there's a lot of %%# written in holy books, people pick and choose based on their own agenda.

Trust me, my views on religion are quite similar to yours.  Your right, all religion is essentially a hustle, selling an invisible product to the masses.  But regardless, Scientology's sole intention is that, while whether people ignore it or not, there is a moral righteousness within the Judeo-Christian religion.

Trust me, my views on religion are quite similar to yours.  Your right, all religion is essentially a hustle, selling an invisible product to the masses.  But regardless, Scientology's sole intention is that, while whether people ignore it or not, there is a moral righteousness within the Judeo-Christian religion.

I have to laugh at anyone that believes in eating the body and blood of a Zombie Jesus yet thinks Scientology is far-fetched.

I have to laugh at anyone that believes in eating the body and blood of a Zombie Jesus yet thinks Scientology is far-fetched.

You're absolutely right about scientology not having a moral guidance. But fundamentally if you think about it, scientology and most other religions thrive on people's fears and insecurities.

Christianity: Be good, accept Jesus as your lord and savior.........or you go to hell
Scientology: Give us money, we'll tell you some secrets about the pending martian attack and alien abductions (I totally made this up based on my own fears of extraterrestials. Not really sure what Scientologists believe.)

You're absolutely right about scientology not having a moral guidance. But fundamentally if you think about it, scientology and most other religions thrive on people's fears and insecurities.

Christianity: Be good, accept Jesus as your lord and savior.........or you go to hell
Scientology: Give us money, we'll tell you some secrets about the pending martian attack and alien abductions (I totally made this up based on my own fears of extraterrestials. Not really sure what Scientologists believe.)

Back
Top Bottom