Anybody had any dealings with Scientologists???

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by mrgrapes85

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I defend Scientologists & Scientology. They get a bad rap for being as crazy as any other religion. So, are they crazy? Yep. Any more than any other religion? nope. If you'd date a mormon, you can date a Scientologist.
I don't think you're required to pay to be a mormon. So, no.
You're not required to pay, but you can pay tithes just as they did in the holy bible, and it's also a commandment of God, the church used the tithes to build churches and temples.

im pretty sure you can publicly label yourself as a mormon, practice mormonism, and most importantly teach mormonism, without paying a dime, and without any kind of recourse

see what happens when you try to publicly label yourself as a scientologist while teaching scientology in some held and promoted as free and available to all public fashion WITHOUT ever having given/paid the church a dime

no such thing as mormonism?
we believe Jesus Christ is our lord, and savior, not Mormon, Mormon was a prophet who helped abrige the book of Mormon, so respectfully it was name after him...but it's just another testament of Christ.

I defend Scientologists & Scientology. They get a bad rap for being as crazy as any other religion. So, are they crazy? Yep. Any more than any other religion? nope. If you'd date a mormon, you can date a Scientologist.
You're not required to pay, but you can pay tithes just as they did in the holy bible, and it's also a commandment of God, the church used the tithes to build churches and temples.

im pretty sure you can publicly label yourself as a mormon, practice mormonism, and most importantly teach mormonism, without paying a dime, and without any kind of recourse

see what happens when you try to publicly label yourself as a scientologist while teaching scientology in some held and promoted as free and available to all public fashion WITHOUT ever having given/paid the church a dime

we believe Jesus Christ is our lord, and savior, not Mormon, Mormon was a prophet who helped abrige the book of Mormon, so respectfully it was name after him...but it's just another testament of Christ.

dont know what youre getting at but im just saying that scientology is a scam

It's weird that a lot of movie actors are scientologists.  Seems to be trendy out there to be one.  I don't like that they totally disregard psychology and the treatment of mental illness.  tom cruise looked like a douche when he was on the today show and saying people shouldn't take medication for depression.  I heard that john travolta's autistic son just sat in a room watching tv all day.

It's weird that a lot of movie actors are scientologists.  Seems to be trendy out there to be one.  I don't like that they totally disregard psychology and the treatment of mental illness.  tom cruise looked like a douche when he was on the today show and saying people shouldn't take medication for depression.  I heard that john travolta's autistic son just sat in a room watching tv all day.

Yeah, I guess it didn't make sense to name your religion after a convicted crook who was given magical seer stones and magical crystal glasses so he could read the golden plates.

Yeah, I guess it didn't make sense to name your religion after a convicted crook who was given magical seer stones and magical crystal glasses so he could read the golden plates.

somebody i know was talking a lot of trash about them on twitter. they seen one the parties he was promoting on twitter and showed up at his party to confront him.

somebody i know was talking a lot of trash about them on twitter. they seen one the parties he was promoting on twitter and showed up at his party to confront him.

Originally Posted by donpoppa

I guess this type of thing is common with them. Following people who ask too many questions or who video record around and all..

Originally Posted by donpoppa

I guess this type of thing is common with them. Following people who ask too many questions or who video record around and all..

"Why can't they believe in something that makes sense...like a burning, talking bush or a virgin birth?" -Stephen Colbert

"Why can't they believe in something that makes sense...like a burning, talking bush or a virgin birth?" -Stephen Colbert

I have to laugh at anyone that believes in eating the body and blood of a Zombie Jesus yet thinks Scientology is far-fetched.
its symbolical...its just bread and wine son
laugh.gif

The one thing  that all christians know is symoblism and he takes it literal

I have to laugh at anyone that believes in eating the body and blood of a Zombie Jesus yet thinks Scientology is far-fetched.
laugh.gif

Scientology inspires me to create my own religion. That gif (I knew most of that from the South Park episode) and L. Ron Hubbard's quote proved what I thought about it
laugh.gif

The fact that it's an actual religion kinda demeans the self entitlement and pride a lot of religious ppl appoint themselves.

Scientology inspires me to create my own religion. That gif (I knew most of that from the South Park episode) and L. Ron Hubbard's quote proved what I thought about it
laugh.gif

The fact that it's an actual religion kinda demeans the self entitlement and pride a lot of religious ppl appoint themselves.

true

true

Yeah lets not act like the pope didn't have those papal indulgences going on several centuries ago and didn't they restart it recently?

Yeah lets not act like the pope didn't have those papal indulgences going on several centuries ago and didn't they restart it recently?

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

laugh.gif

I know it is symbolic.  I know that no one actually thinks they are eating the body and blood of a dead man.   I'm just saying, to the untrained ear all religions sound crazy.  To a Scientologist the idea of a man coming back as a zombie probably sounds insane.  Look, I don't think one is crazier than the other.  As an atheist I see all religions as the same; wrong. I was defending Scientology without defending their beliefs. 

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

laugh.gif

I know it is symbolic.  I know that no one actually thinks they are eating the body and blood of a dead man.   I'm just saying, to the untrained ear all religions sound crazy.  To a Scientologist the idea of a man coming back as a zombie probably sounds insane.  Look, I don't think one is crazier than the other.  As an atheist I see all religions as the same; wrong. I was defending Scientology without defending their beliefs. 

Yeah, I guess it didn't make sense to name your religion after a convicted crook who was given magical seer stones and magical crystal glasses so he could read the golden plates
yeah, it wouldn't i'm pretty happy with church of jesus christ of latter-day saints

Yeah, I guess it didn't make sense to name your religion after a convicted crook who was given magical seer stones and magical crystal glasses so he could read the golden plates
yeah, it wouldn't i'm pretty happy with church of jesus christ of latter-day saints

Back
Top Bottom