Anybody had any dealings with Scientologists???

I got asked to take their "personality test" at their downtown "temple" in MPLS.

I respectfully declined, multiple times.

It's a legitimized cult. The same could be said for a lot of religious institutions, though.

I got asked to take their "personality test" at their downtown "temple" in MPLS.

I respectfully declined, multiple times.

It's a legitimized cult. The same could be said for a lot of religious institutions, though.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I'll just leave this here

Thehistoryofscientology.gif

Um I don't know what statement you're tryna make with this. But this is about as believable as any other religion in human history.

I wouldn't be surprised if scientology was simply a satire of the concept of religion itself.

Ummm no...I understand you hate religion, I do myself.  But the bible is actually a book that is somewhat based in history and offers moral/ethical guidence.  Scientology does not of that, and is simply a hustle.  Belief it or not, lots of religous people are dedicated to helping the world and are the people least infatuated with wealth and material items...Scientology does not espouse any values except giving money, and staying away from psychotropic medicines.

That's one of my biggest problems with Scientology - other than the whole taking money from vulnerable people part - every other religion does a lot of good for society - be it feeding the poor or other stuff like that.

Scientology doesn't appear to do anything except harass people and extort money.

Um I don't know what statement you're tryna make with this. But this is about as believable as any other religion in human history.

I wouldn't be surprised if scientology was simply a satire of the concept of religion itself.

Ummm no...I understand you hate religion, I do myself.  But the bible is actually a book that is somewhat based in history and offers moral/ethical guidence.  Scientology does not of that, and is simply a hustle.  Belief it or not, lots of religous people are dedicated to helping the world and are the people least infatuated with wealth and material items...Scientology does not espouse any values except giving money, and staying away from psychotropic medicines.

That's one of my biggest problems with Scientology - other than the whole taking money from vulnerable people part - every other religion does a lot of good for society - be it feeding the poor or other stuff like that.

Scientology doesn't appear to do anything except harass people and extort money.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I defend Scientologists & Scientology. They get a bad rap for being as crazy as any other religion. So, are they crazy? Yep. Any more than any other religion? nope. If you'd date a mormon, you can date a Scientologist.

I don't think you're required to pay to be a mormon. So, no.
You're not required to pay, but you can pay tithes just as they did in the holy bible, and it's also a commandment of God, the church used the tithes to build churches and temples.

I defend Scientologists & Scientology. They get a bad rap for being as crazy as any other religion. So, are they crazy? Yep. Any more than any other religion? nope. If you'd date a mormon, you can date a Scientologist.

You're not required to pay, but you can pay tithes just as they did in the holy bible, and it's also a commandment of God, the church used the tithes to build churches and temples.

Originally Posted by kdawg

not true at all

Originally Posted by kdawg

not true at all

Originally Posted by mrgrapes85

im pretty sure you can publicly label yourself as a mormon, practice mormonism, and most importantly teach mormonism, without paying a dime, and without any kind of recourse

see what happens when you try to publicly label yourself as a scientologist while teaching scientology in some held and promoted as free and available to all public fashion WITHOUT ever having given/paid the church a dime

im pretty sure you can publicly label yourself as a mormon, practice mormonism, and most importantly teach mormonism, without paying a dime, and without any kind of recourse

see what happens when you try to publicly label yourself as a scientologist while teaching scientology in some held and promoted as free and available to all public fashion WITHOUT ever having given/paid the church a dime

Originally Posted by DT43

i went to their main temple or whatever in NYC on 46th just to see what they were about.

every time i'd ask questions about their beliefs, they'd feed me more BS and tell me to buy their $200 starter package including all books i need to read. i sat down and watched their BS half-hour video, it was all propaganda.

there are different "levels" and when you move up levels you find out more and more information about Scientology. the lady that we talked to at the door was like an A-1 or something and therefore couldnt really tell us that much because she didnt know yet. and guess how you move up levels? you buy another package of books, and donate a certain amount of money to the church.
indifferent.gif

this.

when i was in LA, i stopped by the office/temple/whatever on Hollywood to kill some time while i was getting an oil change. they stand out on hollywood blvd all day handing out biz cards, and i knew i was gonna be down the street at pep boys anyway... so i setup a time to take their "compatibility test" or whatever.

i was pretty excited when i went in. i had a lot of basic questions i thought i could get answers to (whats a Xenu? etc). keyword: thought.

like dude said... any question i had was answered with a long non-sensical response that inevitably ended with a request for money. i eventually convinced the chick to let me take the test for free (they wanted like $20-$50, cant remember) ... since i "obviously had a strong spirit" or some shlt... but i had to go pick up my whip.

as for the OP's question... i dunno. imo, any girl thats fanatical about their religion is an ez pass. but thats just me.

Originally Posted by DT43

i went to their main temple or whatever in NYC on 46th just to see what they were about.

every time i'd ask questions about their beliefs, they'd feed me more BS and tell me to buy their $200 starter package including all books i need to read. i sat down and watched their BS half-hour video, it was all propaganda.

there are different "levels" and when you move up levels you find out more and more information about Scientology. the lady that we talked to at the door was like an A-1 or something and therefore couldnt really tell us that much because she didnt know yet. and guess how you move up levels? you buy another package of books, and donate a certain amount of money to the church.
indifferent.gif

this.

when i was in LA, i stopped by the office/temple/whatever on Hollywood to kill some time while i was getting an oil change. they stand out on hollywood blvd all day handing out biz cards, and i knew i was gonna be down the street at pep boys anyway... so i setup a time to take their "compatibility test" or whatever.

i was pretty excited when i went in. i had a lot of basic questions i thought i could get answers to (whats a Xenu? etc). keyword: thought.

like dude said... any question i had was answered with a long non-sensical response that inevitably ended with a request for money. i eventually convinced the chick to let me take the test for free (they wanted like $20-$50, cant remember) ... since i "obviously had a strong spirit" or some shlt... but i had to go pick up my whip.

as for the OP's question... i dunno. imo, any girl thats fanatical about their religion is an ez pass. but thats just me.

I have to laugh at anyone that believes in eating the body and blood of a Zombie Jesus yet thinks Scientology is far-fetched.
its symbolical...its just bread and wine son
laugh.gif

I have to laugh at anyone that believes in eating the body and blood of a Zombie Jesus yet thinks Scientology is far-fetched.
its symbolical...its just bread and wine son
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ciph4

There's a temple right on campus that I pass up damn near every day when I'm in school.

laugh.gif
 Random as hell, Scientology building next to a CVS and Chipotle.. people were protesting out there heavy every few weeks a year ago.

Did y'all see those protesters dressed as that guy from "V for Vendetta"? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ciph4

There's a temple right on campus that I pass up damn near every day when I'm in school.

laugh.gif
 Random as hell, Scientology building next to a CVS and Chipotle.. people were protesting out there heavy every few weeks a year ago.

Did y'all see those protesters dressed as that guy from "V for Vendetta"? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

no such thing as mormonism?
we believe Jesus Christ is our lord, and savior, not Mormon, Mormon was a prophet who helped abrige the book of Mormon, so respectfully it was name after him...but it's just another testament of Christ.

Back
Top Bottom