Anybody had any dealings with Scientologists???

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by ciph4

There's a temple right on campus that I pass up damn near every day when I'm in school.

laugh.gif
 Random as hell, Scientology building next to a CVS and Chipotle.. people were protesting out there heavy every few weeks a year ago.

Did y'all see those protesters dressed as that guy from "V for Vendetta"? 
laugh.gif

4chan
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by ciph4

There's a temple right on campus that I pass up damn near every day when I'm in school.

laugh.gif
 Random as hell, Scientology building next to a CVS and Chipotle.. people were protesting out there heavy every few weeks a year ago.

Did y'all see those protesters dressed as that guy from "V for Vendetta"? 
laugh.gif

4chan
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I came across this a while ago. I am aware the music makes it a little over dramatic, but check it out.

I came across this a while ago. I am aware the music makes it a little over dramatic, but check it out.

Originally Posted by mrgrapes85

no such thing as mormonism?
we believe Jesus Christ is our lord, and savior, not Mormon, Mormon was a prophet who helped abrige the book of Mormon, so respectfully it was name after him...but it's just another testament of Christ.
Man can you please answer some of my questions about Mormonism?

What's up with your boys not letting blacks be priests until the 70s? I asked another Mormon about this and he said that God all of a sudden decided it was time to let blacks be priests...
tired.gif
please tell me that's not true

And do you really think Joseph Smith is legitimate? A guy that was an experienced scam artist and comes across these tablets, tablets that he thinks are some holy book and then he loses them? Also a guy that supposedly translated egyptian scrolls into another set of Mormon scriptures - while the scrolls were later translated to be funeral instructions for ancient Egypt? The more I hear about this dude the more ridiculous he sounds. Can you please shed some light?

we believe Jesus Christ is our lord, and savior, not Mormon, Mormon was a prophet who helped abrige the book of Mormon, so respectfully it was name after him...but it's just another testament of Christ.

What's up with your boys not letting blacks be priests until the 70s? I asked another Mormon about this and he said that God all of a sudden decided it was time to let blacks be priests...
tired.gif

And do you really think Joseph Smith is legitimate? A guy that was an experienced scam artist and comes across these tablets, tablets that he thinks are some holy book and then he loses them? Also a guy that supposedly translated egyptian scrolls into another set of Mormon scriptures - while the scrolls were later translated to be funeral instructions for ancient Egypt? The more I hear about this dude the more ridiculous he sounds. Can you please shed some light?

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

tired.gif

hmm, that's a hard question to answer because I wasn't there to experience it..but Peter and the other apostles likewise misunderstood the timing of gospel blessings to non-Israelites. Even following a revelation to Peter, many members of the early Christian Church continued to fight about this point and how to implement it—even Peter and Paul had disagreements. Yet, Bible-believing Christians, such as the Latter-day Saints, continue to consider both as prophet... and also we believe in prophets, and I also think (personal opinion) that God revealed that to us as a convenience, I'm not too sure why they weren't allowed to have it, probably because it the bible it say that those who didn't choose Christ we cursed with dark skin, now I'm definitely sure that doesn't apply now days...

as for Joseph Smith, you have to look at the profile of what a prophet would be, and unless you haven't read the book of mormon, then it's gonna be a little hard to convince you, but this guy explains it best.

definitely, worth the watch.

tired.gif

hmm, that's a hard question to answer because I wasn't there to experience it..but Peter and the other apostles likewise misunderstood the timing of gospel blessings to non-Israelites. Even following a revelation to Peter, many members of the early Christian Church continued to fight about this point and how to implement it—even Peter and Paul had disagreements. Yet, Bible-believing Christians, such as the Latter-day Saints, continue to consider both as prophet... and also we believe in prophets, and I also think (personal opinion) that God revealed that to us as a convenience, I'm not too sure why they weren't allowed to have it, probably because it the bible it say that those who didn't choose Christ we cursed with dark skin, now I'm definitely sure that doesn't apply now days...

as for Joseph Smith, you have to look at the profile of what a prophet would be, and unless you haven't read the book of mormon, then it's gonna be a little hard to convince you, but this guy explains it best.

definitely, worth the watch.

Thanks for the reasonable response. I forgot to ask this, though - what's up with the missionaries? Why do they feel the need to change people's beliefs to match their own? Why is it perceived as a great and honorable thing to serve a mission? From an objective standpoint, it's insulting to have someone try to tell you that whatever you're believing isn't good enough.

Thanks for the reasonable response. I forgot to ask this, though - what's up with the missionaries? Why do they feel the need to change people's beliefs to match their own? Why is it perceived as a great and honorable thing to serve a mission? From an objective standpoint, it's insulting to have someone try to tell you that whatever you're believing isn't good enough.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I'll just leave this here

Um I don't know what statement you're tryna make with this. But this is about as believable as any other religion in human history.

I wouldn't be surprised if scientology was simply a satire of the concept of religion itself.

Ummm no...I understand you hate religion, I do myself.  But the bible is actually a book that is somewhat based in history and offers moral/ethical guidence.  Scientology does not of that, and is simply a hustle.  Belief it or not, lots of religous people are dedicated to helping the world and are the people least infatuated with wealth and material items...Scientology does not espouse any values except giving money, and staying away from psychotropic medicines.

Most aren't. Most people in this world are religious. And most people in this world are hateful, selfish and rotten to the core. Religion for the most part has nothing to do with it...it's human nature. Many religious people don't practice the "good" in their religions. Not to sound like a broken record, there's a lot of %%# written in holy books, people pick and choose based on their own agenda.
Trust me, my views on religion are quite similar to yours.  Your right, all religion is essentially a hustle, selling an invisible product to the masses.  But regardless, Scientology's sole intention is that, while whether people ignore it or not, there is a moral righteousness within the Judeo-Christian religion.
True.  But while I believe most big religions have some sort of ulterior agenda, the "invisible product" they're selling are essentially values which make living together in our massively interdependent society safer and better.

From what I understand about Scientology, they are selling (and this is not "selling" in the metaphorical sense, as it actually costs money) knowledge of our origins.  While that may be interesting (and for the sake of argument, i'll even go under the assumption that they are correct), it's pretty much useless for anything other than satisfying curiosity.  I personally believe that it is much more important to shape who we are rather than figure out where we came from.

That's just my point of view.  What do I know?  I haven't paid anything.

I'll just leave this here

Um I don't know what statement you're tryna make with this. But this is about as believable as any other religion in human history.

I wouldn't be surprised if scientology was simply a satire of the concept of religion itself.

Ummm no...I understand you hate religion, I do myself.  But the bible is actually a book that is somewhat based in history and offers moral/ethical guidence.  Scientology does not of that, and is simply a hustle.  Belief it or not, lots of religous people are dedicated to helping the world and are the people least infatuated with wealth and material items...Scientology does not espouse any values except giving money, and staying away from psychotropic medicines.

Most aren't. Most people in this world are religious. And most people in this world are hateful, selfish and rotten to the core. Religion for the most part has nothing to do with it...it's human nature. Many religious people don't practice the "good" in their religions. Not to sound like a broken record, there's a lot of %%# written in holy books, people pick and choose based on their own agenda.
Trust me, my views on religion are quite similar to yours.  Your right, all religion is essentially a hustle, selling an invisible product to the masses.  But regardless, Scientology's sole intention is that, while whether people ignore it or not, there is a moral righteousness within the Judeo-Christian religion.
True.  But while I believe most big religions have some sort of ulterior agenda, the "invisible product" they're selling are essentially values which make living together in our massively interdependent society safer and better.

From what I understand about Scientology, they are selling (and this is not "selling" in the metaphorical sense, as it actually costs money) knowledge of our origins.  While that may be interesting (and for the sake of argument, i'll even go under the assumption that they are correct), it's pretty much useless for anything other than satisfying curiosity.  I personally believe that it is much more important to shape who we are rather than figure out where we came from.

That's just my point of view.  What do I know?  I haven't paid anything.

I actually think Missionaries are one of the better products of religion.  Sure, they're annoying, but essentially, they're just people trying to spread happiness that they've found.  You might not share their views, but you can't deny that they're trying to help.

I actually think Missionaries are one of the better products of religion.  Sure, they're annoying, but essentially, they're just people trying to spread happiness that they've found.  You might not share their views, but you can't deny that they're trying to help.

Well,  we (I'm actually leaving on a mission next month), we are only there to help others come onto christ,  some missionaries will try there hardest to baptize people and they will throw there emotions in it... when that's not right, you can't be too attached cause not everyone is ready to receive the gospel as other people are, whatever missionaries you spoke too, (i'm assuming) weren't suppose to tell you that, your beliefs weren't good enough.
but, As "mormons" we have the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but we definitely don't think other religions aren't correct, they're only partially correct... take this metaphor, when Jesus Christ was on earth, the gospel was there, all the correct principals were on the earth, Imagine that being an intact glass cup, but when Jesus was rejected and crucified the church (intact glass cup) broke into many pieces, and when people saw this, they picked out the pieces that they liked... making they're beliefs partially true.

Well,  we (I'm actually leaving on a mission next month), we are only there to help others come onto christ,  some missionaries will try there hardest to baptize people and they will throw there emotions in it... when that's not right, you can't be too attached cause not everyone is ready to receive the gospel as other people are, whatever missionaries you spoke too, (i'm assuming) weren't suppose to tell you that, your beliefs weren't good enough.
but, As "mormons" we have the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but we definitely don't think other religions aren't correct, they're only partially correct... take this metaphor, when Jesus Christ was on earth, the gospel was there, all the correct principals were on the earth, Imagine that being an intact glass cup, but when Jesus was rejected and crucified the church (intact glass cup) broke into many pieces, and when people saw this, they picked out the pieces that they liked... making they're beliefs partially true.

Everytime someone converts, most religions see it as a "saved soul." And, in religion's defense, I see nothing wrong with reaching out and attempting to teach others about the ways of a faith.

What irks me now a'days with people who seek converts is that some turn to threats to scare people into converting. "Save your soul from eternal damnation," "there's a circle in hell devoted to non-believers," etc.

I think there would be a lot less atheists/agnostics/etc if more religions took a positive approach in conversion, instead of doing it with fear.

Everytime someone converts, most religions see it as a "saved soul." And, in religion's defense, I see nothing wrong with reaching out and attempting to teach others about the ways of a faith.

What irks me now a'days with people who seek converts is that some turn to threats to scare people into converting. "Save your soul from eternal damnation," "there's a circle in hell devoted to non-believers," etc.

I think there would be a lot less atheists/agnostics/etc if more religions took a positive approach in conversion, instead of doing it with fear.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I defend Scientologists & Scientology. They get a bad rap for being as crazy as any other religion. So, are they crazy? Yep. Any more than any other religion? nope. If you'd date a mormon, you can date a Scientologist.
I don't think you're required to pay to be a mormon. So, no.
You're not required to pay, but you can pay tithes just as they did in the holy bible, and it's also a commandment of God, the church used the tithes to build churches and temples.

im pretty sure you can publicly label yourself as a mormon, practice mormonism, and most importantly teach mormonism, without paying a dime, and without any kind of recourse

see what happens when you try to publicly label yourself as a scientologist while teaching scientology in some held and promoted as free and available to all public fashion WITHOUT ever having given/paid the church a dime

^^ Yeah but they believe that the gospel was "lost" at some point and that is where the book of Mormon starts. Correct me if I'm wrong. I live in Utah and this LDS people come at me hard
laugh.gif
so I seem to know quite a bit

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I defend Scientologists & Scientology. They get a bad rap for being as crazy as any other religion. So, are they crazy? Yep. Any more than any other religion? nope. If you'd date a mormon, you can date a Scientologist.
I don't think you're required to pay to be a mormon. So, no.
You're not required to pay, but you can pay tithes just as they did in the holy bible, and it's also a commandment of God, the church used the tithes to build churches and temples.

im pretty sure you can publicly label yourself as a mormon, practice mormonism, and most importantly teach mormonism, without paying a dime, and without any kind of recourse

see what happens when you try to publicly label yourself as a scientologist while teaching scientology in some held and promoted as free and available to all public fashion WITHOUT ever having given/paid the church a dime

^^ Yeah but they believe that the gospel was "lost" at some point and that is where the book of Mormon starts. Correct me if I'm wrong. I live in Utah and this LDS people come at me hard
laugh.gif
so I seem to know quite a bit

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

I totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom