Anyone else doesn't have any friends?

I'm so passionate about my career, education and future just realized that I have no one in my life anymore. I'm finding myself taking trips, going clubbing, hiking, camping etc literally by myself. I have a girlfriend but she's in back in Boston. I'm usually ashamed to admit when I'm vulnerable because I don't want to seem like a loser, I just want to know am I alone? Anyone else 25+ with literally no real friends? I have like acquaintances and stuff and I can make new friends all the time. But real friendship takes time, years, even decades. I just don't have that in my life.

Friends come and go, but usually those true friends you get are from either HS or college, so if you don't have any of those its tough to find a "real" true friendship.

I suggest you just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll continue to meet people along with the way and meet new friends that way.

Just don't end up revolving your life around your girl because this will happen to you.
i_love_you_man_l.jpg

in the same boat :/

been spending alot of time doing everything by myself..wouldnt mind some companionship

you go hiking by yourself? the movie 127 hours meant nothing to you? Surely you can go with some experts that have similar interests so you won't get killed or something.

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

I'm so passionate about my career, education and future just realized that I have no one in my life anymore. I'm finding myself taking trips, going clubbing, hiking, camping etc literally by myself. I have a girlfriend but she's in back in Boston. I'm usually ashamed to admit when I'm vulnerable because I don't want to seem like a loser, I just want to know am I alone? Anyone else 25+ with literally no real friends? I have like acquaintances and stuff and I can make new friends all the time. But real friendship takes time, years, even decades. I just don't have that in my life.

where at?? me and INS will watch over her for you bro. 

Originally Posted by cap1229

you go hiking by yourself? the movie 127 hours meant nothing to you? Surely you can go with some experts that have similar interests so you won't get killed or something.
Hey, hey, hey. James Franco didn't die. He just lost an arm.

I'm 29, I came to this realization when I found myself siting alone in the theater watching The Amazing Spiderman. I saw 18-20 year-olds in groups and it kinda sucked, when I'm in the club women tend to be more responsive when I'm by myself then with maybe some people that invited me out. Telling them I have a girlfriend pretty much drives them away, but I feel like a creep if I don't. I just spent so much time working my way through college I never had time to develop any real friends. I have dozens of associates that come over to party or chill, but it's not the same as real friends you can confide in, or share holidays and birthdays with. Makes me look at success differently.  

cap1229 wrote:

Never saw the movie, but most my friends grew up in New York camping and hiking doesn't interest them. 

in the summer months I sort of dont, all my good friends from school live a minimum of an hour away, and then my one friend who lives by me just hangs out with his girlfriend now. It doesnt bother me too much, I'm pretty busy with work and then in my free time I hang out with my girlfriend or catch up on hobbies that I dont really have time for during the school year 

You have no old friends that you can get in contact with? Maybe from junior high, highschool?

I honestly feel the same. I know a lot of people, but I wouldn't classify them as friends. I also enjoy doing most stuff alone.

You can always consider NT a friend.

I've been away from home for the past 2 or so years; spent two in Pittsburgh and just moved to Austin in may so I literally have no friends to chill with. Even most of the friends from hs have fallen off by now. Feels batman. I'm...mr. Solo dolo

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

You have no old friends that you can get in contact with? Maybe from junior high, highschool?

I delete my Facebook 2 years ago because it just got annoying after a while, you try to contact someone from maybe 10-15 years ago just to catch up and they act all weird or distant. They've pretty much written you out of their life. People are just weird man, I didn't even realize I've stopped caring to connect until recently. Just sucks, because sometimes you're faced to realize how alone we really are.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

I honestly feel the same. I know a lot of people, but I wouldn't classify them as friends. I also enjoy doing most stuff alone.

You can always consider NT a friend.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No real friends at this point. Know a ton of people, none of em I consider a true friend.

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

You're not the only one.  In the US and in today's world, that's just how things have become.  With technological advances, people are traveling more, doing more, and meeting more.  You can do the same.  Try match.com.  Oddly, I don't agree with you in terms of it being easy to meet new friends.

This is a dog eat dog world now, especially in the real world.  It's not like you would be someone's friend w/o agenda.  You're letting this insecurity get to you though, but it's understandable.  This is where you either find balance by sacrificing and pulling in the other direction.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

You can always make new friends.. If you want to..

Easier said than done, I don't know if it's just me but like when I'm hanging out with people and they drop subtle hints that they're going to do their own thing I immediately write them off.
I met some cool people SoHo who share a rent controlled loft, 3000 sq ft for $800 a month, it's a huge party house, but it's like they have their OWN thing among the four of them. So we'd go on trips to the Hamptons to surf for the weekend and then like if they discover a new beach and decide to go I'll find out a week or two later like "Sorry bro, we just decided to go last minute". Don't know if it's a personal hang up of mines or do I have all rights to take it personal. 

the problem I find myself with is, the friends I do have dont really wanna do the same stuff I wanna do. Like smoking and house parties are cool and all, but why cant we go bowling or see Spiderman or something.

Back
Top Bottom