laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

At least 4w has gizmo to console him.

Yep, ZERO friends over here. Not even any 'associates' (unless you count co-workers).

Feels indifferent, man.

You seem to be very self-defeating OP. Just gotta buck up chap, and get out there and be somebody. The friendships will come if you project the right vibes.

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

You have no old friends that you can get in contact with? Maybe from junior high, highschool?

I delete my Facebook 2 years ago because it just got annoying after a while, you try to contact someone from maybe 10-15 years ago just to catch up and they act all weird or distant. They've pretty much written you out of their life. People are just weird man, I didn't even realize I've stopped caring to connect until recently. Just sucks, because sometimes you're faced to realize how alone we really are.
That's how people act when you left them for 15 years. I think the problem is you. You just got to let your ego down a little bit and let them know that you need their friendship in your life. Ain't nothing embarrassing about talking to an old friend again and let him know that you miss the friendship and want to get that back.

If you think you're alone now. Wait until you're 40, 50 and up.

You have no old friends that you can get in contact with? Maybe from junior high, highschool?

I delete my Facebook 2 years ago because it just got annoying after a while, you try to contact someone from maybe 10-15 years ago just to catch up and they act all weird or distant. They've pretty much written you out of their life. People are just weird man, I didn't even realize I've stopped caring to connect until recently. Just sucks, because sometimes you're faced to realize how alone we really are.
That's how people act when you left them for 15 years. I think the problem is you. You just got to let your ego down a little bit and let them know that you need their friendship in your life. Ain't nothing embarrassing about talking to an old friend again and let him know that you miss the friendship and want to get that back.

If you think you're alone now. Wait until you're 40, 50 and up.

You might be right, my ego keeps me safe. I'm really afraid of getting hurt for revealing that I'm lonely, been doing it for so long don't know how to put it in words to others.

Who gives a $#%! about friends?
If you mix the *ambition* wit it you can get a Benz

I have a good amount of friends but I don't have super close best friends I confide with anymore.

I'm on a mission to succeed and time does become limited and I think about it sometimes but I have to do what's best for myself. All my friends are busy doing other things, I'm busy chasing my dreams. I think it's ok when you have a good reason, especially building your future because no one else is going to do it for you. Those who are meant to be in your life will understand and when you're ready to settle down, they'll make time for you as long as you make time for them.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

You got a friend in me.

laugh.gif
 word. me personally i don't really care much for friends, rather not have em but i keep them as acquaintances or associates. 

Originally Posted by CorndogMcgee

I'm married, so you KNOW i got zero friends

Really? I thought it'll be different after marriage, like maybe you guys share friends now or something. Other married people maybe.

I have 2 people that live w/ me.

Outside of them, everybody else can go %+%@ themselves.

That friend word is thrown around way too loosely.

Really? I thought it'll be different after marriage, like maybe you guys share friends now or something. Other married people maybe.

Bruh, I HATE double dating other married people. I want to crack offensive jokes and talk about sneakers and video games...why you think i'm on here? 99% of other married people I meet ain't about that life.  Yes, we're building a new home. Yes, I have a career. No, I don't want to talk about babies, wine tasting, home furnishings and taxes

To quote Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins:  I don't have the luxury of friends.
I honestly feel like I am a pilgrim going thru this barren land....When I go to gyms I play ball at and workout in and listen to people conversations, I sit and say outside of basketball I have nothing in common with these "kids".  I would much rather do things by myself, and depend on my own merits.

I have 3 friends 2 of them I knew since childhood and the other since high school. Everyone else is just people I meet.

I think people are just very anti-social nowadays and I blame that on technology. I don't even see kids at the parks anymore. Where as back in the days you had 10 kids waiting on the side to play next. When I was a kid we would always be chilling on the block doing something.  Today everyone is on social media with no damn social skills in real life looking awkward as %$+%. That or playing xbox all day. Get out there people make some friends.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I have 3 friends 2 of them I knew since childhood and the other since high school. Everyone else is just people I meet.
I wish I had the ability to stay true to this logic, but I'm a very loyal person. Once I allow you in my life  it's hard to shut out someone emotionally.
Originally Posted by lynchpin33

To quote Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins:  I don't have the luxury of friends.
I honestly feel like I am a pilgrim going thru this barren land....When I go to gyms I play ball at and workout in and listen to people conversations, I sit and say outside of basketball I have nothing in common with these "kids".  I would much rather do things by myself, and depend on my own merits.
That's how I feel sometimes, but when I see other groups of people having fun I wish I hadn't missed out on that part of my life. I really feel like Patrick Bateman when I'm out with associates, I feel nothing for these people I exist but I'm not there on the inside. I know they are using me for money, connections and advancing in life. I'm not rich, nor can I help them but it's more or less the image they see.

Friends are for women.

My daughter calls everyone her BFF. She is 6. I tell her there is no such thing. Her sister is her only true friend.

idk there are so many cool people in the world that you could be friends with, you just got to put yourself out there. I am always china to talk to people. At the grocery store, at the gym, waiting for the bus. A lot of times even ill go out with one friend and well strictly go out to meet new people trying to talk to everyone at the bar, sit down at the same table as random people if there are no seats left. Just have a smile on your face, people are way more receptive to someone when they are smiling. Anywhoozle again just force yourself to talk to randos, there is always something you can learn from them or that interaction. Like my prof says "it aint about the grades you make, it's about the hands you shake" and it the truth. 

I had kids and was married young. I'm now in my 30's and everyone I know still no kids and no wife. I maybe go out with friends two or three times a year. Everyone I was cool with before having kids just kinda stopped calling around the same time. My wife is always telling me to call these people up to hang but I'm tired of getting shot down so I just gave up. Would be nice to just have some friends to shoot hoops or play video games with though
ohwell.gif

Why feel bad? I'm far from anti-social, but I think friends are overrated. I think all it takes is one good friend, find one and you're set, and that takes a long time to figure out. I wouldn't worry too much man. Live your life.

I hear you OP.  I turn 25 in a month and i literally have 1 friend that lives near me.  I can call and chill with.

I have quit most of my friends just because people are shady.  Had my ex best friend try to sleep with my girl when she was passed out wasted.  Had a friend that won't answer his phone or respond to a text because he has a gf now which means you can't kick it.  My other friend got a job and just works weekends and nights and i work a 9-5.  Had one friend start talking to an ex of mine behind my back.  So i basically have one actual friend that i trust now. 

And its honestly impossible to meet new guy friends at my age.  I am focused on my job and just doing me.  I am single too so i just do everything solo and don't care.  Got to get my $$$ up.

Back
Top Bottom