Anyone else doesn't have any friends?

I wouldn't say NO friends but I definitely keep a close knit circle of 3 or 4 guys and my girl.

whats worst is when best friends just stop talking/hanging out all of a sudden...no bad blood or anything..just one day...
but solo life sucks. "acquaintances", even close  ones not enough.  

Originally Posted by roc4life24

whats worst is when best friends just stop talking/hanging out all of a sudden...no bad blood or anything..just one day...

yea thats what i went through. i also had 2 homies that moved into my neighborhood since 8th grade and played hs fball together. since our 3 years at jc, me and my 3 homies since 4th grade cut those other 2 out. they started thinkin they were tony montana and started to act different cuz they were on that coke diet. they were also just became straight feins off it. we just straight cut them off, stopped chillin, answering callings, etc. we tried to talk to them about it but they dont listen. havent heard from those 2 for year and a half.

Originally Posted by roc4life24

It's life man, sucks. Happened to me too.

ive had vacation all week, and while i know most people are working, i only chilled like 2x with friends. feels batman.

Doggie I feel you..... I got one friend that I can really call a true friend dude lives up in the east coast though but we keep in touch. Whenever hes in my city we chill and talk like #+#* never changed.
pimp.gif

Everyone else is whatever. If you hit me up I'm down. Also though a part of me is antisocial cuz I'm a shy dude but once that liquor is in me all of a sudden I'm trying to be everyone's best friend haha or if I know you and I get to warm up to you I'll be real cool with you I'm just the type that has to warm up to you so I'm just on a different one I guess.

Don't even need one hand to count people I would consider "real friends." Haven't had a girl in a long time either. You're not the only one OP.

I'm thankful to have the very few friends, to kick it with and maintained contact with over the years.

But like others mentioned they are already "in a relationship," "too busy with work/extracurricular activities" or too far away to kick it with. Also some, I've lost respect or connection with because it wasn't reciprocated as I would hope for it to be,.

I can get along with folks and I do have a good amount of acquaintances/associates. But I'm really not about that life.

I would like to link up with more meaningful people, but as OP mentioned I've been backstabbed by plenty of folks (both friends and family) so I'm very wary of who comes into my life. With that said, we all should take the initiative to reach out to one another not just as an NT community but as a global society.

Too many times like others, I try to converse and get to know people on even simple superficial tip and folks got (anti) Social Media, written all over them.
tired.gif

I dont have any friends either.
I had a tight nit group, but after everyone had kids, got married, and moved out the hood we all see each other like every 6 months.
Im catching up them @ a wedding on Sunday, and prolly see them again around the holidays. Feels Batman. SRS.

I'm 24, just graduated college last year and feel similar.  Recently went through a breakup (dated 4 years) and a falling out with my bestfriend since kindergarten, around the same time.  Funny enough I met my ex through my ex-bestfriend and they have the same circle of friends, who happened to be all my college friends.  I purposely backed off from that circle to make it easier on myself and it's been challenging, but it's not the end of the world.  I've never been so focused on myself and my needs - I needed this to happen.  My outlook on life has completely changed and I know I can rely on myself moving forward.
I feel you though OP.  It's just a matter of perspective.  As you can see you're not the only one; it's comforting to know others feel the same way.  You're passionate about your career, education, and future - nothing wrong with that.  Keep doing so, keep an open mind and heart, and you'll find yourself attracting the right people into your life.  Look at it this way - you've probably been feeling this way for some time and by opening up, you've already attracted these similar-minded folks with this thread, some even extending their friendship to you.  

To those who've been hurt/betrayed by others and are keeping a guard up -- It's not fair to put up a defense against someone new, based on what someone else did to you.  Learn from that experience, become better, and live with an open mind.  You never know who you'll meet and what impact they'll have on your life, and keeping a guard will only hinder what could be.

@positiveaffect    

Yup dont really need them. So easy for you to have their back but when it's the other way around it's deuces or good luck. So many fake people in this world it's not even funny. 

got a bunch of friends that will look out for me, but we have little in common or free time so iunno.

but seriously how do adults make friends? someone needs to post a tutorial.
luckily i have a huge family and we grew up very close. if not ide be pulling my hair out of sheer boredom

I'm not 25 yet, but I am getting there and I don't have any close friends either. I have acquaintances, but no true friends. Throughout all stages of my life (middle school, high school, college, work, etc.), I've met a lot of people, some of which I got close to and hung out with a lot. But it seems to me like once I get past that stage of my life, I don't keep in contact with them anymore. I have current friends, but no old friends. I do not even know why I don't keep in contact with them. For the longest time, I was fine just chilling with whomever was around me at that point of my life, and as I move on, I would just meet new people.
But then, there are times I sit back and think to myself, I don't have a true best friend. For example, if I were to get married, I would have a lot of people I would want to invite to my wedding, but who do I choose to be my groomsmen? Who's going to be my best man? Stuff like that makes me want to reconnect with my old friends.

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

I'm so passionate about my career, education and future just realized that I have no one in my life anymore. I'm finding myself taking trips, going clubbing, hiking, camping etc literally by myself. I have a girlfriend but she's in back in Boston. I'm usually ashamed to admit when I'm vulnerable because I don't want to seem like a loser, I just want to know am I alone? Anyone else 25+ with literally no real friends? I have like acquaintances and stuff and I can make new friends all the time. But real friendship takes time, years, even decades. I just don't have that in my life.

where at?? me and INS will watch over her for you bro. 

good job bros

3 real friends here. 10-15 yrs. each. Same crew every weekend. Seen many come and go but feel pretty lucky to have these 3. Especially after this thread. So...thanks
wink.gif

I don't have friends cause i'm not that friendly and open with people
But i would like to have some REAL friends

I have like 6 real friends (10 yrs, 10yrs., 4 yrs, 21 yrs, 2 yrs and 2 yrs), the rest are people I only F w/ when i'm trying to go out and drink or whatever. You gotta make some real friend OP, there are genuine people out there. You need to post your location and link up w/ some NTers. There are quality people on here, hell 2 of my best friends are on here (we didn't meet off NT, but you get the idea)

Not too long ago, I would have answered, "yes, I do have friends, but only a few." Now, I can say none. Someone who I considered one of my closest friends lied to me earlier this year, and I ended up realizing I thought we were closer than we actually were, although I had known him for years. In a way, I was sort of happy that it happened. Months before, I was thinking about how much we've grown apart in the last few years, and how little we had in common at that point; from music, TV shows, hobbies, and most important, the type of people we had around us.
Family members can be really pushy about my social circles at times; my aunt and uncle in particular. They're both college grads, and always feel the need to encourage me to join groups at school or emphasize the importance of "it's who I know, and not what I know." Me currently not having anyone I call a friend is partially my decision to have it this way. I really hate having them feel concerned or sorry for me, since I'm not telling them I'm doing adventurous stuff weekly with someone. I want to be around people I can relate to a bit more, so I cut ties with those I felt weren't good matches as friends for me. 

I only have 2 people in my life that i can call  true friends and that's pretty much it because i realized its not about quantity its about quality. After being back stabbed so many times you begin to understand that having a lot of friends 9 times out of 10 only holds you back .

Back
Top Bottom