Anyone else doesn't have any friends?

Call me a female I dont care but I refuse to get hurt my "friends" and family again I would rather be dolo or with my 1 homie that has seen me at my worst

I moved to SoCal from NorCal last year and I don't have any friends down here yet. Just the familiar faces at the gym, my coworkers (none id really kick it with or have common interests with), my girl n her fam/friends. I mean I kick it with my girls friends but it's different cuz they're not "my" friends, u feel me?

I used to have a best friend that was carefree and loyal . He was really fun to be around with, and then he got married...

I truly don't think I have any better yet I know I really don't .Honestly if I kicked the bucket I'd rather I get thrown in a dumpster or burned than have people I hate attend the funeral and speak about me .I lfolow a stern code when it comes to friendship I made a mistake and let somebody I respected and considered a friend get to me I got my skull cracked and I bled all over the concrete .The person who considered my best friend picked his brothers over me when I gave him my last penny.No such things as friends and family honestly those words are as meaningless and easy to change as sand on a beach.

i grew apart from most friends from high school. keep in contact with a few friends from college. mostly just hang with people from work. outside of that....anyone thats left my life didn't care enough to be considered a friend. i have a gf, and family. there are times when i think back to when there was a 'crew' id chill with all the time, goto parties with, clubs, etc and have great times...but in the end, maybe it was all a facade, just in the moment without any long lasting effect. memories are there but relationships arent.

As for me, the friends i thought i had were not the right kind of people i should surround myself with. Since im still in college i still think i can still make some new friends. I need to surround myself with some likeminded people.

Man I can't even imagine not having any close friends. I have my group of boys that I've known for years and years. Middle school/ high school even ones I met 3-4 years ago. Their the only people who keep me sane in this world. Never been in a real relationship before so they are the only people I have that keep me from hating life. Traveling together on Vegas trips and going out on weekends is really the only fun I have anymore. Working 6 days a week 45+ hours each week
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Friends come and go, but usually those true friends you get are from either HS or college, so if you don't have any of those its tough to find a "real" true friendship.

I suggest you just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll continue to meet people along with the way and meet new friends that way.

Just don't end up revolving your life around your girl because this will happen to you.
i_love_you_man_l.jpg

This.

That movie came to mind when I read the thread title.

Originally Posted by Hyper

That friend word is thrown around way too loosely.
I've always felt that way. It's extremely rare for me to bestow that word upon another person. Sure I have plenty of acquaintances and associates, but a "friend" is very rare.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Friends come and go, but usually those true friends you get are from either HS or college, so if you don't have any of those its tough to find a "real" true friendship.

I suggest you just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll continue to meet people along with the way and meet new friends that way.

Just don't end up revolving your life around your girl because this will happen to you.

i_love_you_man_l.jpg
Pinned it. His life koo.
happy.gif

ever since hs we all just went about our ways in the city... some sell drugs , but some was too worried about themselves always trying to 1up on someone... ppl always expect something out of you but for me friendship gots to be a mutual thing, if u get something from me i expect you to do a favor for me too so thats why i dont have too many friends ....freeloaders

I have 5 true friends I can count on for the most part. Even though 2 are away in the military. I know the feel though when I moved to FL midway through high school it had the be the worst time of my life. Lucky for me I'm to social for any of that to last.

Damn OP.. I'm the same way.. But more by choice .. I had a
Tight knit group of 3 friends since the 5th grade.. I'm 21 now.. Couple years ago for
Reasons I'm not 100% sure... He decided to brake into my
Moms crib.. After this i cut EVERYONE out.. Did not know who i could trust..
Hadn't rly made any new friends since.. Been busy with work
And I'm about get married.. I've come to
OTerms with it.. But sometimes it sucks.. I'm not all
About partying anymore..i want a friend that we can
just
shoot some hoops.. Smoke a L.. Play some Xbox.. And talk
About kicks..

truthfully speaking, as of late I have purposely avoided contact with my group of friends I've had since 5th grade. We lost two of our dudes last year and had a falling out with them and my close friend was real upset about it. I knew they had their own reasons for backing out of the group (girlfriends, careers) but I didn't tell my friend that they had their own valid reasons for wanting to be apart. He just preferred to see them as selfish and not self-focused, which really just tarnished everything we did in the past. I have maybe three people I actually care about back at university so I'll probably still try to see them next semester. 
For myself, I have a lot of things to be focused on and after my first year of school I'm fine being with my family. There's only four of us as my oldest sister is way over in California and we're still in the midwest. I recognized that I need to be as close with them as I can before I start seeing my family less and less in the near future. On top of that, it seems like my friends are doing real well for themselves and I'm happy for them, but I just don't think I share the same interests with them that I did a year or two ago. I have things I need to accomplish on my own, not with them. I'd do anything for them but I just can't force myself to just chill for the sake of doing so. 

I haven't explained any of this to my group of friends since hanging out like 3 weeks ago because I just don't think they'd understand and would want to convince me that my feelings aren't real. It hurts man. I think I'm gonna get off NT and start crying. 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

What a depressing thread. Makes me think about it. My two friends that I could consider brothers both moved to different states couple years ago. Never felt the same ever since. Known them for 12 yrs. Now its just work, gf, and ppl who say their your friends

I have realized that no matter how tight you are with some1 (or people), there will become a time where you will grow apart. Whether marriage, jobs, or disrespect be the issue. It seems to be part of life now. You will meet new people, but, the cycle continues. There are a few people that will stick around regardless but you have to be at your worst to be able to judge their character. Character = how you treat some1 when you dont have to be nice..

I remember reading this post a while back & thinking how much I relate. Then last night my girlfriend of 6 years left me. I'm low.

Originally Posted by adkone

I remember reading this post a while back & thinking how much I relate. Then last night my girlfriend of 6 years left me. I'm low.
damb bro, hang in there 

Back
Top Bottom