Anyone else in the mid 20 Age group just feel a little out of place with things?

Wow, it's nice to see I'm not the only one who feels like this
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I don't feel like this with my own friends (who are anywhere from 21-30, and me being 24),
but I mostly echo those same sentiments with other people from afar, especially when it comes music/club scene, etc. Sometimes I just feel out the loop with the
whole group you mentioned. Yet I'm ok with that cause I could really care less about all that instant gratification that won't mean much down the line.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

as a fellow 24 year old, I hear exactly what you're saying.

the worst part is the MASSIVE ego that people (mainly women) have developed due to social networking.

everyone think they're a model, throw up 100 self-taken shots in hopes that simps come out and give them the validation they so desperately crave.

But in reality, I blame you dudes. you guys are the ones who make a 5 think she's a 7 because you will say just about anything to get in her pants.

and when you DONT, you just give her all that material to work with that she's better than she really is.

I think its funny how alot you like to act like you have your women in check, when in reality the majority of you are some of the biggest B's I've ever had the displeasure of having to share a community with.

You guys arent men, you're mayors of your own Boytown. Masculinity dropping. More dudes saying things like "OBSESSED!" and "LOVE IT!" on facebook pics.

DESPERATELY trying to appease these women most of you dont even have a shot with.

I think its time someone put a Stop Payment on your reality checks.

inb4 its not that serious.

Never on FB because of this non-sense. I'm not one of those dudes with 40,000 + tweets either. Not my style. I'm an old school kinda guy. Just shut up and work hard. I don't kiss %%+ but I can respect another man's hard work.

On the women side? I don't go around hitting on girls online. Seems silly to me. I use the internet for entertainment, knowledge, and communication. Not *simping*.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 my fav. wrestler

funny i was thinking about this the other day after i. logged into facebook after about a month. im 19 btw. ppl post stupid things like yolo or f the haterz or these ppl are so fake and the worst part is that they are 100% serious. the problem lies in multiple areas, such as poor parenting. these days moms dont raise their kids they let some nanny raise them which makes the lack values. another problem is TV. these reality shows like the kardashians make people think the show is how life actually is but its not even close.

the way i think about it is that im glad that im not stupid as these other people and thank god for giving me sense and parents that have taught me good values and hard work. and i can be ahead of these other people in life

sorry for typos typed from phone.

the worst part is the MASSIVE ego that people (mainly women) have developed due to social networking.

everyone think they're a model, throw up 100 self-taken shots in hopes that simps come out and give them the validation they so desperately crave.

But in reality, I blame you dudes. you guys are the ones who make a 5 think she's a 7 because you will say just about anything to get in her pants.

and when you DONT, you just give her all that material to work with that she's better than she really is.

I think its funny how alot you like to act like you have your women in check, when in reality the majority of you are some of the biggest B's I've ever had the displeasure of having to share a community with.

You guys arent men, you're mayors of your own Boytown. Masculinity dropping. More dudes saying things like "OBSESSED!" and "LOVE IT!" on facebook pics.

DESPERATELY trying to appease these women most of you dont even have a shot with.

I'm 19, and I ain't even mad.
That was some gospel, also the tats my generation gets 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

agree with the whole thread
ftr i dont fb, twitter, instagram, tumblr, none of that

I feel there are more important things in the world to worry about then a bunch of guys liking a girl's picture on facebook,twitter, etc

I'm 24 and sometimes I use the "Enh,our older brothers and sisters, mom and dad said the same thing about our generation and there generation too" but lately I honestly think the 90-95 birth years are doomed 
laugh.gif

I'm 27 and I feel the same way. I'm just so out of the loop with all that's going on nowadays. I just can't relate. I keep my focus and stay on track with what I need to do. Just sucks for the younger generations.

Originally Posted by Ice Shattered

I'm 24 and sometimes I use the "Enh,our older brothers and sisters, mom and dad said the same thing about our generation and there generation too" but lately I honestly think the 90-95 birth years are doomed 
laugh.gif

They are. Guess what they have to look back on when they get older?

Social networking....lulz.

Im 26. Turn 27 in a week. Im still not sure what they main purpose of this thread is. It seems like basically you feel out of place because of social media. This has been basically turned into a I hate social media thread. If you hate social media, dont use it. Its that simple.

I feel alot of the people that dislike social media are the same ones that have alot of nonsense friends on facebook or follow alot of stupid things on twitter. On facebook I am friends with my closest friends and family I interact with through work, friends, or whatever. I dont come across half the problems alot of people on here complain about.

I think its more about you having terrible friends than it is about the actual social media website you are on. Think about that...

If you are using social media right, you make it work for you, not the other way around. Stop getting caught up in the b.s. I love twitter and facebook but I use it for news and friends, not gossip and stunting.

I do agree that this younger generation of kids are a different breed though. Seems most of them have no respect for anything and are all about material items.

I feel you.

Not on FB but I do have a twitter and its just as bad sometimes. All that follow back, friend friday @$#* is lame. Im also not with with following +++* for the sake of following +++*, although i will take a look at the pics from time to time
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by Ice Shattered

laugh.gif

They are. Guess what they have to look back on when they get older?

Social networking....lulz.
 I think about that too, like who is going to be the "icon(s)" of this generation, even something as small as Teen Nick showing all the cartoons from our generation makes me think we really made an impact that will effect generations to come. Like really what is going to represent this era, I think time will tell but sometimes I worry it might be to late
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Im 26. Turn 27 in a week. Im still not sure what they main purpose of this thread is. It seems like basically you feel out of place because of social media. This has been basically turned into a I hate social media thread. If you hate social media, dont use it. Its that simple.

I feel alot of the people that dislike social media are the same ones that have alot of nonsense friends on facebook or follow alot of stupid things on twitter. On facebook I am friends with my closest friends and family I interact with through work, friends, or whatever. I dont come across half the problems alot of people on here complain about.

I think its more about you having terrible friends than it is about the actual social media website you are on. Think about that...

If you are using social media right, you make it work for you, not the other way around. Stop getting caught up in the b.s. I love twitter and facebook but I use it for news and friends, not gossip and stunting.

I do agree that this younger generation of kids are a different breed though. Seems most of them have no respect for anything and are all about material items.
I literally want to un-follow some of my friends on twitter for just re-tweeting celebrities all day. I mean you're re-tweeting a somebody saying "Today is Monday"?
laugh.gif
!@$ is that?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Agreed with everything. As for the younger generation and others, past and future, they're all different. So, I don't see a really big issue with the younger folk.

25 and couldn't agree more. Facebook and all these social networking sites are a joke. So tired of people trying to one up each other posting about how great everything is. Even when one of their friends dies it seems they are trying to one up others by showing they care more. I am about to delete my facebook, I never post on it anyways and can't stand the people on there.

23 here.  Nice to see others that share the same feelings.  For those interested, here's a TED talk from psychologist Sherry Turkle speaking how we're connected, but feel alone.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The feeling that ‘no one is listening to me’ make us want to spend time with machines that seem to care about us.[/font]

She basically says we're "connected" through social media, but it's teaching us it's not ok to be alone sometimes.  Something as little as sitting as a red light, people feel the need to check texts/Twitter/etc.  I think she scratching the surface of a seemingly larger issue.  Saw the word "organic" in someone's post - I agree, communication/interaction flows a lot less organically in-person when you see everything online.

Originally Posted by MaxSwoosh713

Im only 22 but I feel you man. Every time I get on Facebook I smh at all the attention +!***$ posting their pictures, and all the cornballs commenting and gassing these @%%$@* up. Also people who post their life stories and breakup letters as statuses that are meant for one person to see, instead of sending texts to them. Then you see people who ask "whats wrong", and the reply is I dont want to talk about it. Then Why the hell did you post it for 1000 people to see?

No self respect.
QFE
I feel extremely out of place in this day in age.  From the fashion, to what they call "music", all the way to people's mentalities.  Men are way to feminine, doing a bunch of tough talk, but acting/looking like a sissy at the same time.  What ever happened to being a man, getting a job/starting your own business, hell being straight up with people in general.

I can't rock with this generation at all, I would've been cool if everything had been put on pause back in like 04.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

OP post was way deeper than women being gassed and your post s a prime example of what OP is trying to say.

You are so consumed with the dating life, you cant realize that as a whole our youth is allowing mediocrity to become the acceptable.

Chicks have always been stuck up and will always be stuck up.

Before there was Facebook, there was the street corner you past every day where dudes holler at you.

Keep using the excuse that women are gassed up on facebook for the reason why you are not in a relationship.

laugh.gif

honestly, its this attitude thats gonna leave you husbandless at 38

She's completely right though, club was spot on but it' truly only one part of the issue as a whole

O.p. I think its important for you to realize that you are free. Don't take for granted the fact the you feel " out of place" 99% of the worlds most influential and innovative people felt and feel exactly as you do. With your freedom you have the ability to create and operate without the slightest concern of your peers and others. Congratulations, I'm excited for you and your potential. Far to often we as humans look at the direction of culture and the degradation of certain ideologies and think they are dieing without carrying that burden of being the few to bare that cross. The fact that you are conscious enough of the world around to realize there are serious issues is half the battle. The other half is putting yourself in the position to either succeed in that environment or fail. The ball is and will forever be in your court. Everything outside of you is a changing current, therefore its unpredictable. Be a buoy in the raging seas king.

Back
Top Bottom