Anyone ever just pick up everything and move far away?

Anyone just move across the country or someplace far away to get a new start or just mix up their life? Were you financially stable to do so...or just broke and figured you'd find a job and be fine? I'm not talking about going to college or landing a job someplace I mean you've got a few grand with nothing really holding you back like a relationship or bills and said "California looks cool" got in the car and didn't look back? Did you go alone or with a friend.? Did you plan anything out?

Im starting to think it'd be cool to save up for a year or a few months and then justmove with what I can: car(maybe), computer, clothes, and just find anew place and simple job.

Curious to hear some stories on this subject.

Anyone just move across the country or someplace far away to get a new start or just mix up their life? Were you financially stable to do so...or just broke and figured you'd find a job and be fine? I'm not talking about going to college or landing a job someplace I mean you've got a few grand with nothing really holding you back like a relationship or bills and said "California looks cool" got in the car and didn't look back? Did you go alone or with a friend.? Did you plan anything out?

Im starting to think it'd be cool to save up for a year or a few months and then justmove with what I can: car(maybe), computer, clothes, and just find anew place and simple job.

Curious to hear some stories on this subject.

I want to do that so badly. I just have no car or no money
smh.gif
smh.gif

I'm feeling like that atm but, mainly due to +%+@ going on around here with lifestyle.....unfortunately I can't quite do it with no cash saved up.

But if you have the mula, by all means do it man. It should be a good experience.

I'm feeling like that atm but, mainly due to +%+@ going on around here with lifestyle.....unfortunately I can't quite do it with no cash saved up.

But if you have the mula, by all means do it man. It should be a good experience.

gonna do this sometime, hopefully soon, i feel like theres nothin left for me where im at, and im not really too attached to anyone here so i could leave easily, im gettin excited just thinkin about all this
laugh.gif
cant wait to do it

gonna do this sometime, hopefully soon, i feel like theres nothin left for me where im at, and im not really too attached to anyone here so i could leave easily, im gettin excited just thinkin about all this
laugh.gif
cant wait to do it

I did it when I turned 21. Walked out of my job in mid shift asked for my check and got it the next day took off to vegas made it one week and I got homesick. Stupid move but good memory.

I did it when I turned 21. Walked out of my job in mid shift asked for my check and got it the next day took off to vegas made it one week and I got homesick. Stupid move but good memory.

my situation might be different from your situation.

little background: i had a job in manila, philippines living ok, then all of a sudden my friend asked me if i want to move to beijing, china. i have a girlfriend in manila and not much money on hand. i told him sure, went to beijing stayed with my friends family, looked for a job and tried not to spend on anything. landed a job after 1 month of searching then after 6 months i asked my girlfriend if she wants to join me in beijing. she said yes, she went to beijing then landed a job. we moved out from my friends place lived together. after 4 years decided to get married and have a baby. 2 more years after, we got sick and tired of winter in beijing + the pollution (not good for our daughter). she looked for a job in singapore (closer to home "philippines" and we have a friend here as well). she got a job, we moved here in singapore and now i just landed a job as well.

oh i was already 25 when i first move to beijing. if you're younger than 25 and have no obligations/responsibilities to leave behind i suggest you go and try it but my advice is go to a place where you know someone at first have a feel of the life being away from home coz after my experience, i don't think i can survive in a place where i dont know anyone, it's going to be hard for me (especially now, i have a 2yr old)

just my 2 cent. goodluck homie

my situation might be different from your situation.

little background: i had a job in manila, philippines living ok, then all of a sudden my friend asked me if i want to move to beijing, china. i have a girlfriend in manila and not much money on hand. i told him sure, went to beijing stayed with my friends family, looked for a job and tried not to spend on anything. landed a job after 1 month of searching then after 6 months i asked my girlfriend if she wants to join me in beijing. she said yes, she went to beijing then landed a job. we moved out from my friends place lived together. after 4 years decided to get married and have a baby. 2 more years after, we got sick and tired of winter in beijing + the pollution (not good for our daughter). she looked for a job in singapore (closer to home "philippines" and we have a friend here as well). she got a job, we moved here in singapore and now i just landed a job as well.

oh i was already 25 when i first move to beijing. if you're younger than 25 and have no obligations/responsibilities to leave behind i suggest you go and try it but my advice is go to a place where you know someone at first have a feel of the life being away from home coz after my experience, i don't think i can survive in a place where i dont know anyone, it's going to be hard for me (especially now, i have a 2yr old)

just my 2 cent. goodluck homie

I'm trying to do this in the very near future, looking at Atlanta most likely or the surrounding area (Kennesaw, Acworth, Woodstock, etc.) I'm talking to the hommie now and trying to get him on board. My currect job contract ends mid September, I'll get 2 more paychecks after that so until mid October I'll still be getting paid so similar to as if I was still employed, so I can save that or whatever for like a deposit +n 1st month's rent. It will all be heavily predicated on what company gets next yr's IT contract with Ft Sill and if they pick me/us back up and what kind of numbers they are talking.

I was looking at Atlanta CL, yall have many complexes with gyms and indoor courts so even if I did struggle to make friends, I'd be in heaven with that anyways

I'm trying to do this in the very near future, looking at Atlanta most likely or the surrounding area (Kennesaw, Acworth, Woodstock, etc.) I'm talking to the hommie now and trying to get him on board. My currect job contract ends mid September, I'll get 2 more paychecks after that so until mid October I'll still be getting paid so similar to as if I was still employed, so I can save that or whatever for like a deposit +n 1st month's rent. It will all be heavily predicated on what company gets next yr's IT contract with Ft Sill and if they pick me/us back up and what kind of numbers they are talking.

I was looking at Atlanta CL, yall have many complexes with gyms and indoor courts so even if I did struggle to make friends, I'd be in heaven with that anyways

In '08 - I took my Tumi bag, stuffed almost 15 racks cash in there and caught a one way to SFO. TSA tried questioning my money but I laughed at em..

Back
Top Bottom