Anyone ever work construction?

i really do not wanna do this, but i can get in a union and make bank.. or at least way more than i make now. is it really that grueling? my cousin tells me its hard work 12+ hours a day monday through friday. 
eyes.gif

If you're going to do it, do it. I can only put it like that. There's a lot of people who wish they could be in your position..good luck.

yea, if you been working indoors and dont like to get dirty/sweaty then its not for you.

been working construction since i was 17, now i cant see my self in a office. thats why im going to school for something in construction.

I'm a union bricklayer in NYC. Just came out of my apprenticeship a couple weeks ago and making really good money now. We are one of the hardest working trades and get treated like crap, but we only work 7 hours a day and they fly by. It's prob not something I want to do for the rest of my life, but the money is better than any other job I could get.

I been doing it for 6 years. Ever since I graduated HS. I'm a foreman for a post tension company. Also do some steel reinforcing. I have a company truck so I don't have to waste my own gas getting to jobsites like I see others do. But yea its coo... business has been down of course but the money is good. A little bit stressful at times too. But like someone else said if you don't like to get dirty this job is not for you.

What trade are you going to be doing? 

I've been in the Glass trade for about 4 years now. Almost done with my apprenticeship, 1 year left till Im a journeyman. Ill be making 44$hr at 24 years old so I think it will be worth it, plus the Pension and retirement they offer when you retire, but I have a long way till then. But yes, It's hard work, but its also fun to be outdoors daily and doing work you can look at in the past and say hey, I built that is pretty satisfying. Give it a try, if you like it, stick with it, if not then find something else.

I've been in construction forever it seems. I'm a superintendent now. No tools or labor just scheduling and stress. Alot of downtime so thats good. Pay is decent.

how do you get on doing construction? like do you just walk on a work site and ask for a job?

i work at Atlanta gas light.. Deff hard work and long hours.. but when them 55+ hour a week overtime checks get deposited
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

got a good +@# tan also
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pops been doing construction for 20 some odd years. He's ALWAYS had cash. The money is great but, the work is not cut out for everyone.

Pops been doing construction for 20 some odd years. He's ALWAYS had cash. The money is great but, the work is not cut out for everyone.

Got into Sounds and Communications, basically a lower voltage electrician. Learn voice/data, security and fire alarm. Took my skills and got in with a big company. Work hard and you will get results.

Back
Top Bottom