Anyone have a good recomendation for a car shipping company?

I'll be shipping from LA to NYC. My friend reommended AmeriFreight. I'm looking for some more options to compare. I appreciate it!

It's really the wild west when it comes to vehicle transportation. Lots of awful companies out there but I would do a google search and call the top rated ones. I haven't had the best car transport experiences but I am giving you the advice that I should've taken.

I have used the team at AutoZipper twice in the past few years. Helpful, easy to reach people. Transportation costs came to about $1 a mile.

Thanks for the advice Aepps. Yea, I was expecting a crap shoot. All the prices are similar give or take $100. Just looking for some direct NT experience with it.

Thanks for the advice Aepps. Yea, I was expecting a crap shoot. All the prices are similar give or take $100. Just looking for some direct NT experience with it.

What are you looking to ship? My wife bought all 3 cars out of state so I'm versed in this a bit. First off DO NOT call a broker. They will never stop calling back, and they find the cheapest shipper out there. And the thing with those companies? No oversight. Anyone can go buy a duelly pickup and either a hotshot open trailer or a 1-3 car enclosed 5th wheel and slap an "LLC" on the side. If there is an issue, good luck contacting them after the fact (ask me how I know, it would make your blood boil).

Call the big names directly. Reliable, Horseless Carriage, TFX Transportation, Plycar, Intercity Lines, (LOVE THOSE GUYS) McCollister's Transport Group. These are all company owned, bonded, insured, using the nicest rigs. And one thing these all have vs the no names, is they value what they transport. It's on them if there is a mistake. And they won't run away as it's a company that has been around.

I'd call them directly. Sometimes, you may get lucky when one of their trucks is already making a run from where you want a pickup from, or passing your pickup location, and will pass your end destination, so you may get it a little bit more reasonable if they got an opening on the trailer. Plus if open is okay, that will also be cheaper. Any questions, let me know. 👍👍

Contact Blair at Rite Way Transport. Tell him Lexus/Vossen Mike sent you:

+1 (754) 242-1534

Back
Top Bottom