anyone just get bored wit life

If you're getting bored with life either you're a billionaire, an immortal, or you just have a lack of imagination. Which is it?

Last edited:
Felt like that in highschool.

Go to a dif part town,explore your city,smoke a j at the beach. 

Try to stay active bruh.

Trying to help out people around your or even random strangers. By helping people and making them happy the reward is seeing the world from their eyes and reaction, kind of like when you see kids experience happy things you have experienced when you were a kid. Seeing the world in other people's eyes will make life much more to you.

I call it being restless. Ive been restless for the last few months.

Been feeling like this for about a while now, not having anybody to chill with doesn't help either. Good thing school starts again on Wednesday, it'll keep my mind busy for about 2 hrs a day.

There's so many things we can and should be doing with our lives.  Don't sell yourself short.  Reach your potential!

I feel like if you don't see the entire world before you die you haven't lived. But I'm terrified I will never be able to. It's so easy to look in the future seeing yourself "live" but I'm afraid I will fall into a lifestyle the majority of America lives. To fall in the typical life that American culture demands. Go to school, get a job, get married, have kids, retire, be old, die. That every day life of, wake up, go to work, watch TV, go to bed. And what if I don't end up getting that great of a job? Then I'll never have the money to travel in the very little time I do have off. Thankfully I'm still young at 21 3rd year in college. O yeah college, I'm gonna be broke forever once I finish. I can't see myself living anywhere else but at the same time I always wonder how much happier I could be else where if I cold get past the culture shock.

OP......are you me?

I know that feel all to well. Life is necessarily bad, its just not as exciting as I would want it to be.

I seriously try to do this every time i'm either completely disatissfied with my life, stressing, or plain bored:

-On a (hopefully) sunny Saturday afternoon, go to the local park

-Sit (no headphones, cell, book ,nothing)

-Watch (The families, the animals, the trees)

-Think (About it all....feel the happiness that is flowing from everything and breathe in the air, it's awesome)

-Write down any and everything that comes to mind, the good and the bad....it should all flow out

Then, you could do it at the moment or later, analyze everything you wrote down.

Why do I feel so negative?

What really makes me happy? Have I done that in a while?

What makes those people seem so happy, when I'm not? Maybe I should let go like they are.....

Is it really even that bad? I wonder what a homeless person is thinking/doing/feeling right now.....

You'll just feel better. I hope.

It works for me. There's literally never been an instance where I've gone to the park and there's negativity flowing everywhere. People are happy there. They go there because it's a happy place. It makes their kids happy, and that makes them happy. I should be happy too.

Ok, WHOA..I understand completely..I JUST got laid off(hated that damb job anyway), but im good. I dont need a bunch of folks to chill with, that can bring trouble etc(yes it happens), I have my gf(best friend) to chill with and like 1 main homeboy. Since Ive been laid off, Ive been going back to the gym and getting back in shape to start balling hard again til i get another job..I look at it as a lil break, which IMO, is needed from time to time. And its actually brought me back to going hard on NT and ISS. For some reason, I feel better now than I did when I had my job. Now that repetitveness of work everyday was boring etc, couldnt do any of this now. I mean i could with NT and ISS, but I just didnt have the "want to" to mess with u guys on here. But like I said, Ive since then been wheeling and dealing on ISS, been active on here as well in other forums, playing ball, contemplating on taking up some classes over the summer(for that pell grant mula :tongue: and education too), and my gf and I are planning a trip for the summer. So, i do understand, and like many have said, u gotta be spontaneous out of the blue to keep from feeling like this.

Thought this was gonna be a stupid thread when I first read it, but, it actually was the opposite.

I'm bored, period.  27, no current job or career.  I'm going through like a quarter life crisis, if that's even possible.  Rapidly approaching 10 years since HS graduation and feeling like an utter disappointment to anyone who ever thought I'd be something special or make something out of my life.  And I'm not even trying to throw a "woe is me" party here right now, I'm doing my diligence to get things on the right track.  But does anyone else feel the same?  I'm so incredibly bored not being able to do anything.  I'm actually entertaining the thought of moving from Chicago, back down to Dallas, TX, re-uniting with friends I haven't seen in years, and re-booting my life down there.  Plus, all I have is a g/f, Dallas / Plano, TX is in the top three growing American cities, and it's ranked as one of the best places to be if single.  I think my life needs an extreme re-invention or re-location.  Word to Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins.  

I wouldn't say in life, but I've reached that point in my current position. I'm presently in school as well plus studying for certifications for IT. I feel like I won't be good until I begin my journey in IT.

I'm bored, period.  27, no current job or career.  I'm going through like a quarter life crisis, if that's even possible.  Rapidly approaching 10 years since HS graduation and feeling like an utter disappointment to anyone who ever thought I'd be something special or make something out of my life.  And I'm not even trying to throw a "woe is me" party here right now, I'm doing my diligence to get things on the right track.  But does anyone else feel the same?  I'm so incredibly bored not being able to do anything.  I'm actually entertaining the thought of moving from Chicago, back down to Dallas, TX, re-uniting with friends I haven't seen in years, and re-booting my life down there. Plus, all I have is a g/f, Dallas / Plano, TX is in the top three growing American cities, and it's ranked as one of the best places to be if single.  I think my life needs an extreme re-invention or re-location.  Word to Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins.  

LOL!!!!!

smdh:smh:

It's crazy and scary how many young people feel this way(restless and depressed) and they don't know what to do about it. Just last month In had a friend of mine kill himself. He was only 20 years old and just started acting differently round the end of summer. Never knew anyone that committed suicide before and I definitely wouldn't have expected that from him. Then a co-workers daughter attempted suicide couple weeks ago and she is 24 with a master's degree.

Every time I feel that way I take up a new hobby. Recently I'm doing some MMA training with my buddy, **** is kicking my *** :lol:

Try to write fiction. Even if it's bad it'll still be fun!
thats actually not a bad idea. i had to write a 10 page fictional story in one of my eng classes awhile back. everyone hated the assignment, but we had the whole semester to do it. 

it turns out, as the due date came closer, everyone started to become real critical of their stories and ended up becoming really into it. in the end, it wasnt even for a grade, the teacher wanted us to explore our creativity and whatnot and it worked 

Back
Top Bottom