Anyone use a Neti Pot?

^^^^
laugh.gif
give it a shot. Heads up if you buy Dr.Neils neti pot you get a form for a free Sinus rinse bottle. You can fax it over and they ship it to you for free.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Could you use a neti pot to clean your urethra?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gusyouout

I just used it today too (bottle). First time though and I know I messed up a little. Kept getting water down the throat
sick.gif
. Need to figure out how to do it correctly. My left nose seems good, but not my right. Still a little stuffy. The process was quick, it only took minutes. Probably took longer getting it all ready than doing it.
Same here...But none of the water went down my throat.

Sorry Dirty, but that vid is funny
laugh.gif
. Looks like it works really great though. I'll have to read more into this.

2 Neti pot threads in 1 week?
what in the blue hell is going on around this place?
I saw the first thread last week and thought to myself, hmm, now that's something I thought I'd see on NT.
and now a second one?
anyways, I have one. I've had mixed results. if you are super plugged up, it doesn't do anything..

-J-

Originally Posted by JBug88

anyways, I have one. I've had mixed results. if you are super plugged up, it doesn't do anything..

-J-
That's because it says (paraphrasing) "If you cannot breathe through your nostrils, do not use"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JBug88

2 Neti pot threads in 1 week?
what in the blue hell is going on around this place?
I saw the first thread last week and thought to myself, hmm, now that's something I thought I'd see on NT.
and now a second one?

-J-
I posted this in February
smile.gif

I was updating due to the allergy season.

The sad thing is, it actually works. You feel like a moron whilst doing it, but it clears up my sinuses.

came in looking for more info

seen joe rogan use an attachment on his waterpik
seems the part is discontinued, although seems easy to make if you can find the parts

actually i seen it on sale on ebay, but its $20

now they sell 'sinus irrigation systems'
anyone have experience with those compared to a neti pot?

Originally Posted by Sixfoot nathan

came in looking for more info

seen joe rogan use an attachment on his waterpik
seems the part is discontinued, although seems easy to make if you can find the parts

actually i seen it on sale on ebay, but its $20

now they sell 'sinus irrigation systems'
anyone have experience with those compared to a neti pot?

found a vid

that looks like a mess.. still need to find that attachment though

i just ran out to my local health store about bought a neti pot anyway

my experience with it is like my first time having sex, i knew the basics of what to do but the execution was a mess and now the sink needs to be wiped down and sterilized, lol

im goin to try again..

i've also read that sometimes if you do the procedure wrong that water can stay in passages for hours or longer? is that right

lol i just watched the end of the demo video on youtube and saw the exercises.
i tilted my head and opened up the drain

and now its not flowing at all... i tried tilting my head different ways and at most i would get a building pain in my sinus then i stop. sucks

YEAAHHH..... uh.....

[h1]Neti Pot Deaths Linked to Brain-Eating Amoeba in Tap Water[/h1]

Louisiana health regulators warned residents Tuesday about the dangers of using neti pots improperly. A neti pot, which looks like a genie's lamp, is commonly used to irrigate sinuses. The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals issued its warning following a second death this year caused by Naegleria fowleri, the so-called brain-eating amoeba.

A 51-year-old DeSoto Parish woman died after using tap water in a neti pot to irrigate her sinuses and became infected by the deadly amoeba, which entered the body through her nose. In June, a 20-year-old St. Bernard Parish man died under the same circumstances.

10 Cold & Flu Remedies That Work
[h3]Safe Neti Pot Use[/h3]
"If you are irrigating, flushing, or rinsing your sinuses, for example, by using a neti pot, use distilled, sterile or previously boiled water to make up the irrigation solution," said Louisiana State Epidemiologist, Dr. Raoult Ratard. "Tap water is safe for drinking, but not for irrigating your nose."

It's also important to rinse the irrigation device after each use and leave open to air dry, he said.

The very rare infection typically occurs when people go swimming or diving in warm freshwater lakes and rivers. In very rare instances, health experts said such infections may also occur when contaminated water from other sources, such as inadequately chlorinated swimming pool water or heated tap water less than 116.6 degrees, enters the nose when people submerge their heads or when people irrigate their sinuses with devices such as a neti pot.

5 Health Soups to Warm Your Winter Chill
[h3]Be Wary of Symptoms[/h3]
DHH said the amoeba causes the disease primary amebic meningoencephalitis, a brain infection that leads to the destruction of brain tissue. In its early stages, symptoms may be similar to symptoms of bacterial meningitis and can include headache, fever, nausea, vomiting and stiff neck. Later symptoms include confusion, loss of balance, seizures and hallucinations.

After the start of symptoms, the disease progresses rapidly and usually causes death within one to 12 days.

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/flu/neti-pot-deaths-linked-brain-eating-amoeba-tap-water

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

YEAAHHH..... uh.....

[h1]Neti Pot Deaths Linked to Brain-Eating Amoeba in Tap Water[/h1]

Louisiana health regulators warned residents Tuesday about the dangers of using neti pots improperly. A neti pot, which looks like a genie's lamp, is commonly used to irrigate sinuses. The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals issued its warning following a second death this year caused by Naegleria fowleri, the so-called brain-eating amoeba.

A 51-year-old DeSoto Parish woman died after using tap water in a neti pot to irrigate her sinuses and became infected by the deadly amoeba, which entered the body through her nose. In June, a 20-year-old St. Bernard Parish man died under the same circumstances.

10 Cold & Flu Remedies That Work
[h3]Safe Neti Pot Use[/h3]
"If you are irrigating, flushing, or rinsing your sinuses, for example, by using a neti pot, use distilled, sterile or previously boiled water to make up the irrigation solution," said Louisiana State Epidemiologist, Dr. Raoult Ratard. "Tap water is safe for drinking, but not for irrigating your nose."

It's also important to rinse the irrigation device after each use and leave open to air dry, he said.

The very rare infection typically occurs when people go swimming or diving in warm freshwater lakes and rivers. In very rare instances, health experts said such infections may also occur when contaminated water from other sources, such as inadequately chlorinated swimming pool water or heated tap water less than 116.6 degrees, enters the nose when people submerge their heads or when people irrigate their sinuses with devices such as a neti pot.

5 Health Soups to Warm Your Winter Chill
[h3]Be Wary of Symptoms[/h3]
DHH said the amoeba causes the disease primary amebic meningoencephalitis, a brain infection that leads to the destruction of brain tissue. In its early stages, symptoms may be similar to symptoms of bacterial meningitis and can include headache, fever, nausea, vomiting and stiff neck. Later symptoms include confusion, loss of balance, seizures and hallucinations.

After the start of symptoms, the disease progresses rapidly and usually causes death within one to 12 days.

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/flu/neti-pot-deaths-linked-brain-eating-amoeba-tap-water

dealwithitneti.gif

I been using this recently. I would say though my nasal passages get kind of a raw, dry feeling after, from the salt most likely. I'm using the individual salt packet that it came with. Anyone use lower salt dosages?

Back
Top Bottom