Anyone use PowerBlock Weights / Dumbells ?

Im starting to workout again and dont want to deal with gyms.  Is it worth the price?

I never use powerblock weights..so I can't answer that question..
laugh.gif

Honestly I had to google "power block weights" to see.. what you were talking about..

EDIT:
However I do believe that it's better to own the equipment.. rather than paying for a gym membership monthly..

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

I never use powerblock weights..so I can't answer that question..
laugh.gif

Honestly I had to google "power block weights" to see.. what you were talking about..

why are you posting then?

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

However I do believe that it's better to own the equipment.. rather than paying for a gym membership monthly..

This, go to yard sales, you could find gread deals on weight sets for under $100 (if you got good negotiating skills you could get em for 50)

I don't like poweblock/boflex joints but i guess they're alright if you dont have space.

I've had mine 10 plus years and love them. They make a great addition to a home gym. I think they're almost a grand now if you get up to 130 lbs each. IMO your better off getting a power rack and barbell set it'll get you better results for probably cheaper.

Power Blocks are great, but what other equipment do you have?

I think that if you paired them up with a decent adjustable bench, you'd have a good amount of workouts to choose from with just those 2 pieces.

I was thinking about gettin power blocks but then I was like I'm moving and i keep downsizing stuff so I will just use my jobs free gym and get rid of the dumbells I lost my barbell so it's useless now.

I've used them before, I liked them.  But I decided to buy the Bowflex SelecTech because I got a really good deal on it (SelecTech weights, stand, and adjustable bench $400 shipped).  IMO they're both great.  Saves space, durable and you can get a great workout with them.

im buying da powerblock and the stand prob this weekend. with a powerline power rack to do my squats and stuff and i already have a bench. worth the price imo. even tho its expensive.

Would rather pay w.e. for a gym membership. They have everything I need. I'm a health nut also so I guess thats a plus...

Power blocks are the *&%#$ for home use of dumb bells.
compared to any other dumb bells Point blank.
Durability, easy use and maintance is best.
Im saying this as cause i used other dumb bell systems like this and they all crapped out or were just clumsy.

But there is no comparison to the gym and all there equipment.

It all depends on what your goals are and type o gym routine your looking to perform.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Would rather pay w.e. for a gym membership. They have everything I need. I'm a health nut also so I guess thats a plus...

Drop ~$800-$1000 (Depending on the equipment you buy) for:
1)Weight plates

2)Barbell

3)Bench

4)PowerBlocks

5)Floor Protection

Yes, the initial cost is high, but it will surely pay off of you use your home gym as much as you would go to the gym.  Plus, no hassle waiting for equipment, annoying people, etc.

OP, look into IronMaster Adjustable Dumbbells as well.

we should get kareem or ewing to tutor jordan. dude looks like he oculd not get injured like bynum

I wish they look like such a convenience to have. I'm good with just going to the gym tho.

Back
Top Bottom