Anyone working from home not going back to work?

I been going in 2-3 days/week. Mainly for my mental health. 2+ years fully remote high stress/pressure job with two kids under 3 has been extremely taxing on me. Time to get out of my house.

Yea staying at home 24/7 is not healthy. I'm going to start going in for half my shifts.

Been remote since the panny started, switched companies in Jan, now I’m permanently remote.

I actually liked my coworkers at my old job so going into the office never bothered me there and it was a 15 min commute max. Wouldn’t wanna be in the office with my new manager tho, He’s irritating :lol:

Edit: one thing I do miss about the office is seeing all the phat sundress/skirt cheeks when it gets warm :lol:

Last edited:
I do miss the office atmosphere a bit however whenever I do go back I hate the 2 hours I have to commute there and back (about 45-50 minutes via bus to subway and then a few block walk). Add to that I can’t concentrate there since we went to an open office model during the move so the people talking distracts me like crazy and I stopped being use to having music and ear pods on for so long. I use to be able to just ignore the talking around me pre Covid but I also knew how to tune out the noise. 2 years at home we eliminated that.

I told my boss I’ll only come in if he wants us there for a meeting or if there is an office event.

2-3 days a week in the office but also depends in what I have got going. Some weeks I go in every day and others I don't go in at all.

Was working from home for a year and a half and they brought us back in. Beyond pointless since we clearly showed we could do our job remotely and even with us all being in office now we still over utilize Zoom. Like I literally have a staff meeting this afternoon with everyone who is in this building right now, but it is via Zoom lol. I loved every minute of WFH. Was I always working from clock in to clock out? Hell No. But its literally no different than me being present in this building and surfing NT, and other social media sites all day when I have down time. At least when I was doing WFH I could get tasks/errands done during the week instead of having to cram all that after work or on my weekends. I was able to actually enjoy my weekends. So going forward my next job needs to be WFH or at least a hybrid because its shown me that the hustle and bustle rat race to get to an office and sit down for 9 hours isnt all that necessary.

Our sales and admin staff goes into the office. Creative departments have the option to go in if we want but half of us are in a different state anyway :lol:

Some roles just have no reason to be in the office

Thankfully I am not 'forced' to go back in. If my job made it mandatory I would do so as I live very close to where I work. That being said I like the ability to go in 3 times a week or less.

Yea staying at home 24/7 is not healthy. I'm going to start going in for half my shifts.
Agreed but making everyone come into the office because a few (mainly boomers from my experience) use work as their primary means of social interaction isn’t right. Especially when no social events are planned. We are coming into the office doing the same ole routine.

Just got word our hybrid model might be pushed back to Oct. Hoping its true especially with these gas prices…

Edit: one thing I do miss about the office is seeing all the phat sundress/skirt cheeks when it gets warm :lol:
Yup, that sundress season was definitely missed. Thing is less of them came back anyways.

People use work as their main social space which shouldn't be the case. If anything, the remote period made me find more outside **** to do.

How many of you have moved to a cheaper cost of living area? It seems like a lot around me are making double what others are making locally but have the WFH tag attached for a company 6 state away. Keep that grind going until the wheels fall off.

There’s lots of outside pressure from real estate and even the food industry and dry cleaning and clothing industry to force that office mentality back into action

2 days in the office is just right for me. Still allows you to get into the routine. If I have an important meeting or presentation then I'd prefer to do it in office so I don't have to worry about an internet outage at home.

The best thing about working from home is not having to commute. People spend 1-2 hours a day and up to 10 hours a week going to and from work...driving or taking a train. Those are hours of your life you can't get back and probably one of the biggest factors of employee morale. If your job is already stressful then having to wake up early and commute a long distance every day is only going to make it worse.

With a full-time WFH job, before the pandemic I heard that those roles were usually the first on the chopping block when companies had to do layoffs so I wonder if that approach has changed now that it is becoming more normal.

I changed companies/position from full time remote to full time on site.

Honestly don't mind. The new company is amazing and I can learn and expand my skills even more.

Worked at a company and in 2020 we went full remote for a year and a half. Got another job with way more money but they wanted me to come in 5 days a week. Took a pay cut to be full time remote. I’m listed as a virtual employee currently :pimp:

I don’t like working from home at all and actually enjoy the office atmosphere and company of my peers. I have the option of working remote for my job but chose to go in 5 days a week.

What do you guys find yourself doing with the extra time you have now?

I just realized how much time I really have since the playoffs ended these last few weeks.

I've been going to the gym in the middle of the work day or right before it's up, so I'm never really there in the evenings. No kids yet for me.

Anything new you added to your daily agenda?

As someone whos been working from home even before the pandemic (since 2016), it gets old and even depressing sometimes.

I think hybrid is the best solution. 3 days from home, 2 in office, perhaps.

I dont work from home anymore with my new job and I do miss it sometimes. But other times its just nice to talk to people and have human interaction.

What do you guys find yourself doing with the extra time you have now?

I just realized how much time I really have since the playoffs ended these last few weeks.

I've been going to the gym in the middle of the work day or right before it's up, so I'm never really there in the evenings. No kids yet for me.

Anything new you added to your daily agenda?
Nothing really new, just more flexibility to get things done whenever I want. Workout, cook, run errands, school work, etc. And saving a ton on gas right now. I do regret not doing the overemployment thing.

I’d be more open to a hybrid model if my colleagues were around my age. Most are a good 5-10 years older than me. Any convo was very surface level. Don’t miss it. We’ll be fully remote until Oct then we go 2/3 days in office. Don’t look forward to it but not enough to make me look for another job.

Bout how much value do you put in wfh vs on site? Like say 82k wfh vs 92k on site with a 20 min commute, if all other things were the same?

I actually am supposed to be in office 2x a work as part of our gradual reintroduction to on site but the Covid status was code red so my boss said i could stay home for the time being. Idk what it is now but i am certainly not going to remind them

I been wanting to do the overlap double work thing too, but I’ve been hesitant. I passed an opportunity to a former coworker of mine tho and he took it, supposed to be hearing back from hr soon. Makes about 95 as an it lead, has his own office, took this Sys Admin fully remote for 85k, said he’ll just have the 2nd job laptop on his office and do whatever he needs to in there and since IT is the only 5 people on site rn it should be easy. Job had a super easy job description, gonna take the first 2 weeks of his new job off from his main which i think is crucial.

I have a meeting from815 to 9 everyday with our other sys admins is one of the only times i have to be off mute because i talk but othrler than that, just making sure your meetings that you have to be talking dont overlap is the only thing and when you’re new they’re gonna be calling you a lot getting stuff on boarded

I have been going to work for half of my shifts because I dont trust the residents im working with. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom