*Appreciating The Best Fans In Basketball* GREAT READ

Only thing I'll disagree with in the article is the statement that we were with the team during the Jailblazer era. I know everyone hated the team then. No one wanted to root for them while they were getting caught with weed, fighting dogs, beating their wives and generally not caring about winning. Hell Portland didnt care about the team until we finally got rid of Zach, then people realized 'hey, Pritchard is getting us back on track!' and everything just kind of led up into this era.
I was raised in Portland and been a huge Blazer fan my whole life. I absolutely loved the team during the jail blazer days and hated how people turned against the team just cuz of off the court issues. I admit there are tons of idiots that dont know anything about basketball that root for the Blazers. But I do think overall Portland has top 3 fans in the NBA. 

For those of you that say, its New York City because "look at how many games they sell out"....well its obvious, look how many damn people there are in NYC it shouldn't be hard to sell out.

Of course people will reply, "thers nothing to do in Portland but watch basketball! 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

I heard the best part about Portland is that they have the most strip-clubs per square mile than anywhere else in the US.

no we have the most strip clubs per person in the US but i think we just got beat... dont forget are micro brews, and bud...

JONFARR wrote:
i mean come the !+#* on. Lets see Portland go through the kind of #*$% we have this decade, pathetic management, and 9 consecutive losing seasons and STILL be ranked 5th in attendance and have the Garden rocking every time a game gets close, and also probably the most die hards in the league still. bull #*$%. %*+!$%$ Portland
I am sorry that the Blazers management hasn't been any where near as bad as the Knicks but thats a lame excuse. We have gone through a lot, and as I said earlier the attendance dip was a protest, not the fans just going away when the team got bad. The fans demanded a change and said they would not be back until there was one. The change was made and the fans came back. the horrible record came at the same time because the ENTIRE roster was reshaped in the process when all the fans were on protest...
exactly what i am saying. Portland was almost dead last in attendance just a few years ago, !*$$%#++ best fans in the NBA ... Any city can have fans show up when a team is on top... !+
yeah...
I mean you wanna see a stadium sellout and a city back thier team, why the !+#* dont yall give us Brandon Roy and a 50 win team?
You could give the Knicks our entire roster and 50 wins and they would still find a way to screw it up... Whats your point?

a protest?? what kind of %!+*@+#* excuse is that??  at least most teams who have attendance dip in dismal years are honest about it, what? did the entire Portland Trailblazers fanbase have like some group meeting in the middle of the city agreeing to protest the ownership?? %%$%# with that homerism/nonsense

and hey talk %@*$ about the knicks management all that you want, +%## i wont stop you, but why diss the Knicks management when i am fully acknowledging that they **+@%%# suck. All i am saying though,. is that the fact that Knicks fans (the ones who have stayed) have stayed loyal to this team and have continued to sell out MSG on a nightly basis and stay in the top 10 in attendance every season and be loud during every game whether it is supporting players or even going simply to chant "Fire Isiah" or "Fire Layden" or fire whoever the +%## else was pushed out during this era, is pretty remarkable how much this fan base has cared enough about this team to do that. all i am saying is that i am pretty sure that any othe franchise would not have this same loyalty, or would not even care enough to show up and boo and show dismay with management at games, if their cities dealt with what the Knicks have gone through.

Diss the Knicks management all you want, but like i said and reiterate, you wanna see a fanbase be loyal and back their city... give us Brandon Roy and a 50 win team, cause the Knicks fanbase is so **+@%%# hungry for winning right now, and no homer but when we do/ if we do finally start to win soon this city will back this team like none other. I mean our fans went hard in the 90s when we were winning, and thats when winniong was expected, we have struggled and although we lost some imo we have came out of the struggles stronger as fans and when we do win again, because we have dealt with this past decade, this city will be **+@%%# crazy for the Knicks, more than the 90s because we have gone through the gutter, and NY loves basketball. talk %@*$ about our management all **+@%%# dday but our fans are 2nd to none

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by DubA169

Noskey wrote:

smile.gif
No teams fans will root for the team when that team is an embarrassment to the league and the city.

what the hell do you think knicks fans do?
I think the article touched on that a little.
It's so much more rewarding to cheer for a team that you really love than be a Knicks fan this year, constantly focused on players you don't have.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

LOL..... Amazing.  So you're implying this is what Knick fans across NT and the country have been doing? Wow.

Yeah, the majority of knick fans. Its not only evident here on NT but every where. Rebuilding through the draft is a lot more gratifying, I have witnessed it first hand both ways (trying to rebuild through FA and through the draft), it is a lot better when it is YOUR players that were brought up on your team and not someone elses.
I am assuming you didn't read that entire post or any of my others...
And actually, I did.  I just commented the way I did based off you're response.  As if you brushed it off.

I brushed it off because I had talked about it 2 or 3 times already in this thread, one time I talked about it was right above the piece that you quoted, although it was probably more convenient for your point to ignore it and leave it out like you did
eyes.gif

Stopped reading after seeing a picture of Portland fans after the title of the article.

dont listen to the homer blazer fans. most of them only root for their team when they're winning or have "good character". 
laugh.gif
 I remember this guy getting hella pissed at me in the rose garden during draft night when I told him we should keep Zach Randolph. At some point you gotta stop with the "good character" part and focus on winning. Not saying we need Zach Randolph to win, but some of these people didn't no crap about basketball. If I tell them Zach is top 5 offensive PF in the NBA they'll be like %@%!
but still, nyc is almost impossible to not sell out cuz theres so many damn people in nyc.

(btw im a die hard blazer fan)

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Toronto
laugh.gif

honestly dont know why your laughing.............toronto is such a big hockey city yet our  fans stuck with the team and you see our jerseys at other arenas without having a Kobe/Lebron/Wade on our squad. 

i would also put NY over Portland............so fans not showing up for the Jail Blazers were a protest as if Knicks managment never put out a disgracing team with Isiah in charge, yet you still have NY fans sticking around. 

As someone who lives here in Oregon and is a Blazer fan I only somewhat agree with the article. The team is doing good so of course fans are going to be there. A few years ago they had the worst attendance in the league, but there were more to the issue than just the jailblazers. Portland had the highest ticket prices in the league, who is going to pay to see a bad team that gets in alot of trouble???

Now for my rant. Portland fans are probably some of the dumbest when it comes to knowing %*+$ about basketball. Not sure how they figure Steve Blake is the answer at PG and Andre Miller sucks, even when Miller was balling out and Blake %*+$ the bed. Thank the lord management had some sense and got rid of that fool. It really pisses me off when I try to talk to friends about basketball and they don't know %*+$. Seriously people in this town/state don't know jack about sports.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by Noskey

seattle portland same @$*%

Shut up, 'tard.
? you should feel better if you're from portland. i just compared portland to seattle.
I've been having a bad day. And I dont really like Seattle. Well the people, not the city. The city is nice. Anyways, my apologies.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

It really pisses me off when I try to talk to friends about basketball and they don't know %*+$. Seriously people in this town/state don't know jack about sports.
Yep
tired.gif
The Blake situation you brought up summed up the collective thoughts of fans perfectly. It was difficult trying to convince friends that shipping out Blake was the best thing that could have happened for us.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

a protest?? what kind of %!+*@+#* excuse is that??  at least most teams who have attendance dip in dismal years are honest about it, what? did the entire Portland Trailblazers fanbase have like some group meeting in the middle of the city agreeing to protest the ownership?? %%$%# with that homerism/nonsense
First, I assume that you are a Knick fan living in NY. I would not expect you to understand what happened out here during the Jail Blazer era any more that you would expect me to understand what it is like for Knick fans right now. But minus the "group meeting" part, what you just said is exactly what happened.

It is easy for you, and most the people on here, that have just looked purely at the teams win loss record and attendance during the few years we were "bad" and say the fans went away because we were a "bad" team. that coulnd't be further from the truth at all and every true Blazer fan in this city will back that up 100%. There were COUNTLESS things that happened with this team during that era. Sheed, head case and in trouble with the law. Damon, walks through airport security with weed in his pocket wrapped in TIN FOIL. Qyntel Woods, running illegal dog fighting operation. Bonzi Wells, telling portland fans they don't matter and the team doesn't need them (this started the outlash from fans). Darius Miles, frequently at the scene of crimes and butted heads with head coach numerous times calling him the N word. Zach Randolph, frequently in trouble with the law. I am sure I forgot something but that all happened in like a 2-4 year stretch. THE JAIL BLAZERS.

Fans had enough and when they were at the arena protesting with signs while watching games they started getting kicked out. A mass exodus, huge dip in attendance, occurred and the fans told the ownership that they would not be back until character players were brought in. This fan base had set the US pro sports record for sellout streak in a row as I already mentioned at over 800+ straight games. It was not a matter of the team started playing bad and the fans dipped. Those Sheed teams still made the playoffs. The fans here were fed up.

The team went through many changes in management and players. Went to the draft to rebuild, and then look. The fans held up their end of the bargain. They came back. The year Roy and Aldridge were drafted season tickets and attendance went up. The next year even despite Odens season ending rookie year injury the current sellout streak was in full throttle for a team that went 41-41. The current streak is at 111 games or something, nothing to laugh at.

Here is the franchise's attendance stats:
[table][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Total[/td][td]Avg[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td][td]841,499[/td][td]20,524[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td][td]801,566[/td][td]19,550[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td][td]670,778[/td][td]16,360[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td][td]617,199[/td][td]15,053[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td][td]680,374[/td][td]16,594[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td][td]684,038[/td][td]16,684[/td][/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td][td]796,258[/td][td]19,421[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td][td]797,821[/td][td]19,459[/td][/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td][td]831,376[/td][td]20,277[/td][/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td][td]835,078[/td][td]20,368[/td][/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td][td]486,556[/td][td]19,462[/td][/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td][td]843,647[/td][td]20,577[/td][/tr][tr][td]1996-97[/td][td]852,799[/td][td]20,800[/td][/tr][tr][td]1995-96[/td][td]850,338[/td][td]20,740[/td][/tr][tr][td]1994-95[/td][td]529,759[/td][td]12,921[/td][/tr][tr][td]1993-94[/td][td]528,408[/td][td]12,888[/td][/tr][tr][td]1992-93[/td][td]528,408[/td][td]12,888[/td][/tr][tr][td]1991-92[/td][td]528,408[/td][td]12,888[/td][/tr][tr][td]1990-91[/td][td]528,244[/td][td]12,884[/td][/tr][tr][td]1989-90[/td][td]528,244[/td][td]12,884[/td][/tr][tr][td]1988-89[/td][td]527,008[/td][td]12,854[/td][/tr][tr][td]1987-88[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1986-87[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1985-86[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1983-84[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1982-83[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1981-82[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1980-81[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1979-80[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1978-79[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1977-78[/td][td]519,306[/td][td]12,666[/td][/tr][tr][td]1976-77[/td][td]499,302[/td][td]12,178[/td][/tr][tr][td]1975-76[/td][td]413,992[/td][td]10,097[/td][/tr][tr][td]1974-75[/td][td]441,506[/td][td]10,768[/td][/tr][tr][td]1973-74[/td][td]327,495[/td][td]7,988[/td][/tr][tr][td]1972-73[/td][td]333,480[/td][td]8,134[/td][/tr][tr][td]1971-72[/td][td]279,506[/td][td]6,988[/td][/tr][tr][td]1970-71[/td][td]245,383[/td][td]6,135[/td][/tr][/table]
They played in the Memorial Coliseum from 1970-95, max capacity is currently 12,888 for basketball.
They are currently in the Rose Garden which has a max for basketball of 19,980 with 20,580 listed at standing room only.

From the 2003-04 season to the 2006-2007 season was the "dip" in attendance. For a mere 4 years. Still averaging over 16k during that period total.

I dont know MSG's history, but what is up with the dip in attendance from 1975-76 to 1987-88? Thats 13 seasons.
http://www.databasebasket...matt.htm?tm=Nyk&lg=n

Don't give me all that BS about our attendance dropping off for 4 years there. The only other time it was ever low was when the franchise was first established for 4 years. You try to pretend like NY has sold out every game for every season ever. There are the hard numbers. I'm not trying to say Portland fans > Knick Fans. I'm just saying don't come in with the lousy argument about a dip in attendance that was recent and then try to at like your teams attendance is perfect.
give us Brandon Roy and a 50 win team, cause the Knicks fanbase is so **+@%%# hungry for winning right now, and no homer but when we do/ if we do finally start to win soon this city will back this team like none other. I mean our fans went hard in the 90s when we were winning, and thats when winniong was expected, we have struggled and although we lost some imo we have came out of the struggles stronger as fans and when we do win again, because we have dealt with this past decade, this city will be **+@%%# crazy for the Knicks, more than the 90s because we have gone through the gutter, and NY loves basketball.
Winning has always been a tradition in Portland. There was a streak of 21 straight seasons in the Playoffs. Most of this teams existance has been teams that have played in the playoffs. We have won one title and been to the finals 3 times in our existence since 1970. What have the Knicks done since then? Blazer fans are just as Hungry. We have not won squat since 1977...

I am not trying to convince anybody in this thread that Portland has the best fans. I knew damn well I would get people in here claiming their fans are the best. I always post stuff like this just to get a take of what people outside this city and state think. But there was some dumb stuff posted that I felt like trying to clear up with some facts and not just go off the top of my head like some and make dumb statements based off clueless ideas and no facts. Its pointless though because most sports fans are stubborn, as am I also. But facts speak, so come with facts. Its easy to shut someone up or be shut up when facts are presented.

I think its easy to say that there are a few fan bases that are excellent in the NBA. It's sad that there aren't more. I have seen 4 here talked about in Chicago, New York, Portland and the Bay Area. They are all cities that definitely love their NBA team, that's inarguable. The article i posted even said that and it even said that there really isn't a clear cut number one. All the article did was present evidence as to Portland's case for being some of the best. That is all I am doing also. I am a homer and I hope you all are too with your teams, because if not, then sadly you are just not a true fan of your team IMO.

I have to agree with the above...There are dumb fans in every city, but there are few special ones here (ex. steve blake lovers, draft the stach movement
sick.gif
)

I also hated how the city turned on the team like WJun15 said earlier. These guys aren't role models, they're basketball players. I personally was a huge fan during the jailblazer era... especially since after they started disbanding the jailblazers the team started to suck.

Only bad part about a winning team is you can't sneak down to courtside seats anymore. But I guess it doesn't matter to me since I don't live in Portland anymore.

anyways I'm hoping that we get PHX in the first round of the playoffs cause my boy has season tix

bonus:

rasheed wallace
pimp.gif

damon stoudamire
pimp.gif

I heard the best part about Portland is that they have the most strip-clubs per square mile than anywhere else in the US.

portland strip clubs are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but besides that, seattle > portland in every way possible besides the NBA. 

i grew up in portland and came to UW for college and have been living here for the past 6 years.

seattle is basically a bigger version of portland. both not that great. pretty relaxed.

i thought it was funny how all these "sonic" fans started acting like they were sonic fans once they were going to leave. i know there were legit sonic fans and i feel bad for them, but from the majority of people i encountered, they didn't even support the team or know even their roster besides durant

Originally Posted by CP1708

ignoring the failures
They must be the best fans, cuz there's a lot to ignore on this subject. 
wink.gif

This article is a joke.  
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I live here
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 and it's a bunch of clueless tree huggers that think Drexler will carry them to the promised land still.  

They started counting championships years ago and I'm still waiting for them to even make it to the finals. 

They think their great, cuz they just don't get outside much.  Even one of their biggest homer fans who had his own radio show bounced to go work in Dallas and actually see real sports. 

They have homer announcers talking to homer fans.  Homer writers writing columns for homer fans to eat up.  They don't know a thing about basketball outside of the city so they just wander around aimlessly thinking they matter to the rest of the country.  Last year this place was packed with playoff basketball stuff, 2 weeks later after they took it all down, then pretend like nothing ever happened. 
eyes.gif
  They'll do that same gimmick @#$%^&*@ this week too, only to be gone by end of the month. 

They're a joke plain and simple. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 wait a minute, so this guy is from Portland? LOLOL 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 who would've thought...so this guy doesn't know 1 thing about Los Angeles or the area. LMAO maybe he can't afford to live in LA. just watching laker games IN portland will do hahah my goodness
This cp dude should be the worst fan of all-time. again, what would Alba say to you? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

portland strip clubs are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but besides that, seattle > portland in every way possible besides the NBA. 
Hush. Our self-destructive tendencies in beer and drugs > Seattle's. And our gun laws. Strip clubs, drugs, and guns
pimp.gif
The true American way.

speaking of portland strip clubs, does anyone remember the name of the mac dre song where he raps about some of them?

All i remember is; a stripper from portland, a cute soft one, type that works at the dolphin on mcloughlin.

ignoring the failures
wink.gif

This article is a joke.  
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I live here
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 and it's a bunch of clueless tree huggers that think Drexler will carry them to the promised land still.  

They started counting championships years ago and I'm still waiting for them to even make it to the finals. 

They think their great, cuz they just don't get outside much.  Even one of their biggest homer fans who had his own radio show bounced to go work in Dallas and actually see real sports. 

They have homer announcers talking to homer fans.  Homer writers writing columns for homer fans to eat up.  They don't know a thing about basketball outside of the city so they just wander around aimlessly thinking they matter to the rest of the country.  Last year this place was packed with playoff basketball stuff, 2 weeks later after they took it all down, then pretend like nothing ever happened. 
eyes.gif
  They'll do that same gimmick @#$%^&*@ this week too, only to be gone by end of the month. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 who would've thought...so this guy doesn't know 1 thing about Los Angeles or the area. LMAO maybe he can't afford to live in LA. just watching laker games IN portland will do hahah my goodness
This cp dude should be the worst fan of all-time. again, what would Alba say to you? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm from California smart guy.  I'm not "from" Portland, I live NEAR portland now.  As an adult.  As in, I moved here with my family years ago.  And I didn't suddenly switch teams like most would.   So if that makes me the worst fan of all time, good, cuz I care. 
laugh.gif

Jon, I don't mean homer in a good way, or a root for their team way, I mean it in they don't know @#$% way.  Like when they hyped Brian Grant as a guy that could contain Shaq, and then the second he went to Miami, all of a sudden same announcers were calling him a bum. 
smh.gif
  Or how they never said a kind word in a million years about Camby, and now all of a sudden they think he's the greatest.  That's beyond homer, that's dumb.  That's what I mean by outside.  Not out on the ski slopes damn it, I'm talkin in regards to basketball.  Come on man. 

Laker fans, announcers, etc know about players from other teams/areas/cities well beyond anything this city offers.  Mike Rice and his loser cohorts couldn't work for any other team in the league, they don't know a damn thing. 

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by DubA169

Noskey wrote:

smile.gif
No teams fans will root for the team when that team is an embarrassment to the league and the city.

what the hell do you think knicks fans do?
I think the article touched on that a little.
It's so much more rewarding to cheer for a team that you really love than be a Knicks fan this year, constantly focused on players you don't have.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
LOL..... Amazing.  So you're implying this is what Knick fans across NT and the country have been doing? Wow.

Yeah, the majority of knick fans. Its not only evident here on NT but every where. Rebuilding through the draft is a lot more gratifying, I have witnessed it first hand both ways (trying to rebuild through FA and through the draft), it is a lot better when it is YOUR players that were brought up on your team and not someone elses.
I am assuming you didn't read that entire post or any of my others...
And actually, I did.  I just commented the way I did based off you're response.  As if you brushed it off.

I brushed it off because I had talked about it 2 or 3 times already in this thread, one time I talked about it was right above the piece that you quoted, although it was probably more convenient for your point to ignore it and leave it out like you did
eyes.gif

at the very most knicks fans been "focused on other players" for a couple years what about the other 8 years of hell. and we still cheered nate rob. ja,al crawford, david lee and his no defense having +%+,

dude we even cheered eddy curry this year when he came back for a game. nyc fans are loyal as $!%@. AND I HATE DAMN EDDY CURRY

but like allen said there are a good amount of knicks fans that disapered. the thing is they havn't moved on to other teams. they don't root for the lakers, magic, cavs, etc. they just gave up hope with basketball in general. don't even watch.

ignoring the failures
wink.gif

This article is a joke.  
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I live here
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm from California smart guy.  I'm not "from" Portland, I live NEAR portland now.  As an adult.  As in, I moved here with my family years ago.  And I didn't suddenly switch teams like most would.   So if that makes me the worst fan of all time, good, cuz I care. 
laugh.gif

Jon, I don't mean homer in a good way, or a root for their team way, I mean it in they don't know @#$% way.  Like when they hyped Brian Grant as a guy that could contain Shaq, and then the second he went to Miami, all of a sudden same announcers were calling him a bum. 
smh.gif
  Or how they never said a kind word in a million years about Camby, and now all of a sudden they think he's the greatest.  That's beyond homer, that's dumb.  That's what I mean by outside.  Not out on the ski slopes damn it, I'm talkin in regards to basketball.  Come on man. 

Laker fans, announcers, etc know about players from other teams/areas/cities well beyond anything this city offers.  Mike Rice and his loser cohorts couldn't work for any other team in the league, they don't know a damn thing. 

All I have been telling you is that you hear what you want to hear. All of what you said is completely untrue, but you have a bias and go into watching the games with that bias. Then you get on here and act like you are the end all say all when it comes to a team you don't follow and you use extreme examples to prove your point. Blazers announcers are the only ones in the NBA that I know of that are EMPLOYEES of the team and not paid by an outside broadcasting company. The Blazers own their own broadcasting company. Of course they are gonna be slightly more bias, but not in the extreme way you are talking. Do you even listen to Wheels and Tone ever on the radio? Never bring them up do you?

MB and Mike Rice know quite a lot my friend and I challenge you to listen to them when they host radio shows and talk about the NBA. It might blow your Laker loving mind, so be careful.

speaking of portland strip clubs, does anyone remember the name of the mac dre song where he raps about some of them?

All i remember is; a stripper from portland, a cute soft one, type that works at the dolphin on mcloughlin.

Its "Jump It" by Mac Dre.

ignoring the failures
wink.gif

This article is a joke.  
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I live here
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif

All I have been telling you is that you hear what you want to hear. All of what you said is completely untrue, but you have a bias and go into watching the games with that bias. Then you get on here and act like you are the end all say all when it comes to a team you don't follow and you use extreme examples to prove your point. Blazers announcers are the only ones in the NBA that I know of that are EMPLOYEES of the team and not paid by an outside broadcasting company. The Blazers own their own broadcasting company. Of course they are gonna be slightly more bias, but not in the extreme way you are talking. Do you even listen to Wheels and Tone ever on the radio? Never bring them up do you?

MB and Mike Rice know quite a lot my friend and I challenge you to listen to them when they host radio shows and talk about the NBA. It might blow your Laker loving mind, so be careful.

Its "Jump It" by Mac Dre.

Mike Rice never said Brian Grant couldn't hit a 10 foot shot when he was on Miami?  He never said that?  You sure?  Cuz I am. 

Wheels didn't call Ron Harper a jerk ON THE AIR?  He didn't do that?

Rice wasn't THROWN OUT OF A GAME for crying to refs?  That didn't happen?

Mike Rice didn't compare Darius Miles to Dr J?  You sure that didn't happen?  Positive? 

Rice didn't say that Roy could stop Kobe on offense during Roy's first or second year, you sure he never said that?  You sure? 

Why don't you ask some of the NT regulars that have listened to these guys thru League Pass????  Pretty sure they will bring up several funny stories, ones you don't want to hear. 
wink.gif

But yeah, I don't listen to them.  I just made all this stuff up, right? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Word for word. 
laugh.gif

It's funny you say I only hear what I wanna hear, while you back these clowns.  Who gives a @#$% who they work for?  Be knowledgeable.  Be respectful.  Don't sit there and make fun of the players, or the coaches, or who they are dating or married too.  All of which, these guys do.  But yeah, they work for the team, so it's ok.  Sure buddy. 

This thread is a joke
laugh.gif

Article written by a local guy.

Also heck this is Portland's only major pro sports team in that state and yet not a few years ago they came in dead last in season attendance.

Back
Top Bottom