Approaching famous people on the street?

Was on the set of Drumline with J. Anthony Brown (mom's bf, at the time); in 2002.

My brother & I were chillin' in the lobby & Nick Cannon + Jason Weaver (Smart Guy) walked in.

Me & my bro started talking to him about All That & Smart Guy, just making regular conversation.

He invited us to their room & we ended up playing PS2 & eating chicken wings. Ha.

Him & Jason Weaver are cool as hell, real humble, even though they're celebrities.

Met Milan Blu in the strip club last week. As I walk to the bar some chick darts infront of me and yells, "don't take my seat." She turns around and I'm like
eek.gif
but I try to play it off. I'm kind of awkwardly staring at her then she starts to do the same. I say,
"I know you." She replies,
"where from?" Then I doubtfully shake my head and say
"nah I'm tripping." Then she says,
"no you're not" and starts laughing. Then I ask her was she a pr0n star and she shrugs and replies,
"maybe." She then turns around and starts gyrating on the kids and whispers her name my ear. We ensue in small talk for a minute and then she keeps trying to get me to go to the back but I only had like $40 on me and my pride wouldn't let me tell I was broke. I told her it was my boy's b-day, which it was, and that I had to make sure he had a good time before I did. I played the shadows for the rest of the night but she came and found me a couple more times trying to get money out of me.

Met Milan Blu in the strip club last week. As I walk to the bar some chick darts infront of me and yells, "don't take my seat." She turns around and I'm like
eek.gif
but I try to play it off. I'm kind of awkwardly staring at her then she starts to do the same. I say,
"no you're not" and starts laughing. Then I ask her was she a pr0n star and she shrugs and replies,
"maybe." She then turns around and starts gyrating on the kids and whispers her name my ear. We ensue in small talk for a minute and then she keeps trying to get me to go to the back but I only had like $40 on me and my pride wouldn't let me tell I was broke. I told her it was my boy's b-day, which it was, and that I had to make sure he had a good time before I did. I played the shadows for the rest of the night but she came and found me a couple more times trying to get money out of me.

OP That chinese spot for kitchen equipment is
pimp.gif

Met plenty of celebs, they all the same, they want/expect the attention but they don't want you to be on some groupie +$%. The only person who was a prick was Lebron, should of slapped the +!$* out of him.
mad.gif

I played ball against Cotton from Scream series (forgot his real name), their team couldnt hold me and Cotton was telling everyone to try n stop me yet he didnt step up.

Like in N.Y., if you live in L.A. you're bound to see celebs here and there. I just try to treat them like regular people, which for me means that I don't go out of my way to approach them. If some interaction occurs naturally, so be it. Like the time I rode in an elevator with Stacy Dash. We both caught the elevator on the 17th floor, but she was going to the lobby and I was stopping at 16. So I apologized to her for slowing her down. (Yes, I know its lame -- but whatever). She smiled and said "no problem" or something like that.

I saw John Stamos at Disneyland once. We were waiting in line for the Dumbo ride and he asked me how old my son was.

I've also played ball with a couple celebs, so that's a situation where you automatically end up talking to them. One time I played with Breckin Meyer and right when we were starting he asked me, "don't I know you from somewhere." It was kind of funny. He's a cool guy. Very chill.

OP That chinese spot for kitchen equipment is
pimp.gif

Met plenty of celebs, they all the same, they want/expect the attention but they don't want you to be on some groupie +$%. The only person who was a prick was Lebron, should of slapped the +!$* out of him.
mad.gif

I played ball against Cotton from Scream series (forgot his real name), their team couldnt hold me and Cotton was telling everyone to try n stop me yet he didnt step up.

Like in N.Y., if you live in L.A. you're bound to see celebs here and there. I just try to treat them like regular people, which for me means that I don't go out of my way to approach them. If some interaction occurs naturally, so be it. Like the time I rode in an elevator with Stacy Dash. We both caught the elevator on the 17th floor, but she was going to the lobby and I was stopping at 16. So I apologized to her for slowing her down. (Yes, I know its lame -- but whatever). She smiled and said "no problem" or something like that.

I saw John Stamos at Disneyland once. We were waiting in line for the Dumbo ride and he asked me how old my son was.

I've also played ball with a couple celebs, so that's a situation where you automatically end up talking to them. One time I played with Breckin Meyer and right when we were starting he asked me, "don't I know you from somewhere." It was kind of funny. He's a cool guy. Very chill.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

What the hell could I do with an autograph? I'm good man.

what can you do with any souvenir?
Nothing, which is why I don't care for them.
Dam DC, no disrespect but you gotta be the most frugal person ever. I aint even mad doh. But there's just some souvenirs that look too cool ya know?

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

What the hell could I do with an autograph? I'm good man.

what can you do with any souvenir?
Nothing, which is why I don't care for them.
Dam DC, no disrespect but you gotta be the most frugal person ever. I aint even mad doh. But there's just some souvenirs that look too cool ya know?

is it me or when a female tells a story about meeting some male celeb, said celeb is always trying to holla at her & more often than not she shuts him down

is it me or when a female tells a story about meeting some male celeb, said celeb is always trying to holla at her & more often than not she shuts him down

I've met a lot of celebs. My favorite encounter was when I saw Jamal Tinsley like 7-8 years ago in downtown BK. We were walking and we caught eye contact, then he put his hand out and gave me a pound and a hug and said "whats good." I said what up and just kept it moving. When I walked off I said to my man, "son looks mad familiar." My man turns to me and says "that was "Jamal Tinsley." We chuckled.

I've met a lot of celebs. My favorite encounter was when I saw Jamal Tinsley like 7-8 years ago in downtown BK. We were walking and we caught eye contact, then he put his hand out and gave me a pound and a hug and said "whats good." I said what up and just kept it moving. When I walked off I said to my man, "son looks mad familiar." My man turns to me and says "that was "Jamal Tinsley." We chuckled.

Met Floyd Mayweather @ Spearmint Rhino stripclub in Vegas back in 08. Gave dude daps (back when I still had some semblance of respect for him). Dude was flashy $@* hell with bling and stacks. His crew gave us free wings and fries tho
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Met Floyd Mayweather @ Spearmint Rhino stripclub in Vegas back in 08. Gave dude daps (back when I still had some semblance of respect for him). Dude was flashy $@* hell with bling and stacks. His crew gave us free wings and fries tho
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by rocman23

Met Dom Kennedy after a show once and told him I was a big fan and was happy to see a Nter succeed ( I felt mad lame for saying that later on
30t6p3b.gif
)

Dom and Wale straight @*%%$+@ on NT after they're career took off ...Dom be on some "NT who?" 

Wale has all rights to hate NT tho', NT tortured his soul for 2 years 
laugh.gif

True
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by rocman23

Met Dom Kennedy after a show once and told him I was a big fan and was happy to see a Nter succeed ( I felt mad lame for saying that later on
30t6p3b.gif
)

Dom and Wale straight @*%%$+@ on NT after they're career took off ...Dom be on some "NT who?" 

Wale has all rights to hate NT tho', NT tortured his soul for 2 years 
laugh.gif

True
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hellaones

eek.gif
And where would this said strip be located at sir
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by hellaones

eek.gif
And where would this said strip be located at sir
glasses.gif

^ Hi-10 Cabaret in Houston. She said she was in town doing a special feature the next night at another club but didn'f feel like sitting in the hotel room all night so she just came up there.

^ Hi-10 Cabaret in Houston. She said she was in town doing a special feature the next night at another club but didn'f feel like sitting in the hotel room all night so she just came up there.

Back
Top Bottom