Are foamposite "played out" ?

Ive gotten into foams around 08-09 with my first two purchases being the 07 Royals and 09 Eggplants. I went on to buy Three more pairs (Coppers, Pewters and Pearls) but it seems as if Nike has completely ran this sig series into the ground. Nike has managed to release these sneakers in every color possible and are having people wearing neon yellow from head to toe to match
laugh.gif
. The other day I went to the mall and dude had on a red foamposite on his left foot and the yellow one's on his right 
indifferent.gif
..It was good while it lasted but I think its time for me to get out the game and move on to something else.

Let Nike enjoy their revenue. And also allow everybody who wants a pair, to be able to cop one.

Not played out, a lot of folks cant keep up.

Originally Posted by jordan0386

Let Nike enjoy their revenue. And also allow everybody who wants a pair, to be able to cop one.

Not played out, a lot of folks cant keep up.
So true, people just can't digest everything Nike throw out. Most of us normal working people have our limit... gonna be very selective from now on, enough is enough lol. 

In terms of sheer volume and numbers of colorways released, yes. In strength of colorways, absolutely not. The metallic red from this past February is easily a top 5 Foam for me. The dark pine and gym green pros are very strong colorways as well. And while they may be one of the most overhyped shoes ever, the Galaxy is probably the coolest concept I've seen on a foam.

Hey I got into foams about the same time and feel pretty much the same. I bought cough drops for 89.99, a few months later you can't find them under 200. It is overhyped. I don't care for them anymore. I wanted the black pair and had the chance to get a pair nds for 250 and try to get a deal like that now, impossible. It seems like resellers are just buying out every release to resell for more sooner or later. Probably return them 2. The shoe game is wack now. I'm pretty much done with buying anything new. Yea I got the trainers safari but if you would of guessed, payed over retail. Your not alone in your thoughts man. Time to step out for a bit.

Nike runs everything into the ground nowadays.

It doesn't take away from it being a cult classic and its teflon-like durability.

Foams are way overrated anyway, as is the penny line. Penny's shoes are like their namesake, decent but nothing special.
Nike will keep producing a rainbow of these as long they shift, so if you don't want anymore, don't but them

A classic is never played out. For example, royals will never be "played out." If your opinion on something like the royals changes over time, it wasn't grounded in much in the first place. Even the better newer colorways will hold appeal over time (Eggplants, Coppers, Pines). But, if you fell for every Skittles-esque release, you're going to be sitting there looking at them like people did the Invisible Woman AF1s, on some "what the hell was I thinking?"

But, if you truly love a shoe, then this question doesn't matter at all. Most of my purchases are vintage AF1s and AM95s. They're both "played out" by kiddie standards, but if you're buying for you, why would you care?

If you are questioning whether your style is "played out" that's a red flag about how and why you developed that style in the first place.

Foams are overrated? That model is iconic and the tech lead to some of the best performing shoes ever...

AM90s
AM95s
Dunks
Af1s
This is what happens with classics.
Why do people only whine about Foams?

Back
Top Bottom