Are foamposite "played out" ?

you'd think people would be happy they're releasing more foams. guess you can't please everyone. if they're played out, then PLEASE stop buying them so i can stop doing 100 from chandler to scottsdale to get wristbands on my lunch breaks, lol.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Foams are overrated? That model is iconic and the tech lead to some of the best performing shoes ever...
I actually agree.

On the tech side, they were revolutionary and that has to be considered.

But, for one, they weren't even received particularly well in their initial release.

And, as far as their iconic status within the pantheon of all time Nike designs, they are not in the A-class (AM 87, 90, 95 - Jordan I, III, IV, V, VI, XI, AF1 high and low) I'd argue that they aren't even in the B-class with stuff like (Huarache Trainer, Griffey I, Penny I, Air Trainer SC, AF1 mid, [pick your favorite from the Barkley line], etc.) IMO, they fall into the next class of classics, with stuff like Air Trainer I, Flight 89, Air Max 180 low, AM 97, ATC II, the second tier Jordan sigs, etc.

That's just my opinion of course. And, Foam Ones are a fantastic shoe, but, people forget just how much amazing stuff Nike has put out over their history.

This is also ignoring models that just moved tremendous unit but weren't particularly original or awe-inspiring on the design tip, like Vandals, Cortez, etc. Also, I'm not even considered some of the amazing and revolutionary designs that remain fairly obscure - 180 pump highs, AM 120s, Air Max Trainer 1992, Pillars... IMO, many of those could compete with the Foam 1 as well. But, I recognize that is a minority opinion.

Originally Posted by dakid23

Played out? You sound like a hypebeast...

i agree
i hope more and more people feel the same as the OP

but i know its not going to happen anytime soon

i hope foams and jordans get "played out" so i dont have to deal with the b.s. and the high prices 

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

A classic is never played out. For example, royals will never be "played out." If your opinion on something like the royals changes over time, it wasn't grounded in much in the first place. Even the better newer colorways will hold appeal over time (Eggplants, Coppers, Pines). But, if you fell for every Skittles-esque release, you're going to be sitting there looking at them like people did the Invisible Woman AF1s, on some "what the hell was I thinking?"

But, if you truly love a shoe, then this question doesn't matter at all. Most of my purchases are vintage AF1s and AM95s. They're both "played out" by kiddie standards, but if you're buying for you, why would you care?

If you are questioning whether your style is "played out" that's a red flag about how and why you developed that style in the first place.

QFT
pimp.gif

Foams will never be played out, Hypebeast.

If more people actually thought for themselves rather than coppin what they think is "in", maybe the shoe game will return to what it once was.

And BTW, I'm all for having your own opinion, but if you don't consider the Foamposite to be a classic, your credibility is no where to be found.

....HEAD

Originally Posted by HEADdetective

If more people actually thought for themselves rather than coppin what they think is "in", maybe the shoe game will return to what it once was.

And BTW, I'm all for having your own opinion, but if you don't consider the Foamposite to be a classic, your credibility is no where to be found.

....HEAD

Straight talk brotha, straight talk

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Ive gotten into foams around 08-09 wgith my first two purchases being the 07 Royals and 09 Eggplants. I went on to buy Three more pairs (Coppers, Pewters and Pearls) but it seems as if Nike has completely ran this sig series into the ground. Nike has managed to release these sneakers in every color possible and are having people wearing neon yellow from head to toe to match
laugh.gif
. The other day I went to the mall and dude had on a red foamposite on his left foot and the yellow one's on his right 
indifferent.gif
..It was good while it lasted but I think its time for me to get out the game and move on to somethin else.

and what makes you da expert?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HEADdetective

....HEAD
I don't know if that was intended to be response to my previous post, but I've said in this very thread that the Foam 1 is a classic. It's just that Nike has produced many, many classics in its illustrious history. I, personally, don't think the Foam 1 is on the level of AM1s, 95s, AF1s, etc. that I mentioned as the absolute pinnacle of Nike's history, but it's a classic nonetheless.

The mental analogy I make is to the Hall of Fame, for example. Every player in the hall of fame is an all time great, but not every player in the HOF is Babe Ruth. Foams are in the hall of fame - an all time great. But, they are not Ted Williams, they're more like, I dunno, Paul Molitor. Completely solid choice that can't be argued with as belonging, but never to be confused for Stan Musial.

I got into Jordan's then foam's after realizing how durable these shoe's are, Great performance shoe and near indestructible A few Foam Pros sitting on the shelf is no big deal...youll see them at 300+ in a few months, Heard it here first.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

lol i feel you bro, i feel like anything after Eggplants were Basura, so I def don't mess with these upcoming foams

Word son, everything after eggplants ? That includes coppers, pewters, pines, and metallic reds which are all very solid colorways.

I dont think theyre played out but theyve definitely lost that wow factor, but thats cool with me because style and durability are what hooked me to pro/ones anyway.  

i just cop what ever is hot.

Royals , Reds, Pine greens,all black with clear soles are CLASSICS.

the other stuff is just extra.

i cop basic colorways not some flamboyant loud stuff.

Originally Posted by TupacsBack

i just cop what ever is hot.

Royals , Reds, Pine greens,all black with clear soles are CLASSICS.

the other stuff is just extra.

i cop basic colorways not some flamboyant loud stuff.
indifferent.gif
oh.

If you truly like a shoe, you'll buy em regardless of whatever everyone else does or not.

With that being said, foams will never be played out to me.

Foams can never be played out... Now, the way cats are rocking the foams nowadays made me stop wearing mines and putting them up on eBay! I just wish there was some order in the way they release the foams... I also wish there was some kind of pattern. Like, all Foamposite Pros should have a solid outsole and all Foamposite Ones should have the transparent ones. There were too many times I looked at a 'posite and said to myself: "Nike, ya almost had me...", and didn't make the purchase.

When the Foamposite One dropped for the first time, the only thing I tried to match it back to was my Magic reversible jersey, oh I had the 'Posite hat too... Today, dudes are wearing Neon down to the SOCKS!!!

People, it's not that serious.

Back in the day, where I'm from, you can look bummy from head to ankle, but if you had on a crisp pair of ones, jays or just something Ill, you wasn't Bummy, you was Fly. THAT'S what kicks were about!!

Coppers and before releases definitely a classic but can't wait to not see anymore colors maybe +%%@% out the pros and leave the ones for special releases

Yeah these are overpriced but i kind of like it that way because everybody cannot get them and i think that was part of the reason this weekend
on why the gym greens didnt sell out fast because they were over priced but best believe if they were 180 i promise these would have sold first couple hours
no question

i do think when too many of one color is produced that it kinda takes away from the exclusivity but i aint mad though cus the way things
are now if they were limited like the 09 eggplants resell prices would be way crazier I think this foam thing is a love hate situaition

Get what you like and don't play into any of the hype. It does suck to see one of the best shoes ever in some horrible color ways and concepts.

Back
Top Bottom