Are the buyers on Ebay really that dumb ?

Yes and you're dumb for thinking most people read descriptions
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
people still can't seem to understand when something seems too good to be true.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
people still can't seem to understand when something seems too good to be true.
30t6p3b.gif

it is what it is, you guys who bend over and take the rules and think it's ok and acceptable are the reason ebay keeps raising the fees. that "if you don't like it, then don't sell on there" mindset that most people have is what makes the fees stay high.

i'm a realist, i have no problem paying fees if their reasonable and the company caters to it's sellers the same way it does it's buyers. having close to 20% taken out is od and price gouging because they know they have no real competition. however constant fee increases with less and less catering to the seller to show for it makes me say %%+* ebay.

it's a joke how ebay treats it's sellers though. if i sell an item and the buyer flakes or pulls some b.s i can't leave him the negative feedback he/she deserves and if they don't pay i don't get my listing fees back which is a joke, yet if they have any minor issue with me they could leave me a nasty negative feedback that was unwarranted that could possibly cost me business.

i almost cut all ties with ebay back in november because after having perfect feedback and no problems whatsoever ebay decided to put holds on all my payments i received for either 21 days or until the seller left me positive feedback. this was after selling for close to 2 years with that account and no problems at all with buyers. i called ebay and their excuse was that i didn't have 100 or more positive feedbacks, i had 81 at the time. they lifted the hold after i told them i was going to cancel all the transactions i had and would give the buyers the option to pay me with money order or i could just refund them because you don't go to best buy and take a tv home and pay for it after you get it home so i wasn't going to ship items out without actual access to the funds.

at the end of the day, i use ebay as a last resort, ill sell on here, craigslist, and iss. my prices are good and i provide good service so my stuff sells.

@jcapo your a selfish clown. your probably one of them dudes who feels like their entitled to get discounts on everything then throws a pissy fit when they don't get their way.

one other thing, why would it bother you so much if someone lists an auction at $1 and has high shipping costs. if you don't like their price buy from someone else, no ones putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay that price.

it is what it is, you guys who bend over and take the rules and think it's ok and acceptable are the reason ebay keeps raising the fees. that "if you don't like it, then don't sell on there" mindset that most people have is what makes the fees stay high.

i'm a realist, i have no problem paying fees if their reasonable and the company caters to it's sellers the same way it does it's buyers. having close to 20% taken out is od and price gouging because they know they have no real competition. however constant fee increases with less and less catering to the seller to show for it makes me say %%+* ebay.

it's a joke how ebay treats it's sellers though. if i sell an item and the buyer flakes or pulls some b.s i can't leave him the negative feedback he/she deserves and if they don't pay i don't get my listing fees back which is a joke, yet if they have any minor issue with me they could leave me a nasty negative feedback that was unwarranted that could possibly cost me business.

i almost cut all ties with ebay back in november because after having perfect feedback and no problems whatsoever ebay decided to put holds on all my payments i received for either 21 days or until the seller left me positive feedback. this was after selling for close to 2 years with that account and no problems at all with buyers. i called ebay and their excuse was that i didn't have 100 or more positive feedbacks, i had 81 at the time. they lifted the hold after i told them i was going to cancel all the transactions i had and would give the buyers the option to pay me with money order or i could just refund them because you don't go to best buy and take a tv home and pay for it after you get it home so i wasn't going to ship items out without actual access to the funds.

at the end of the day, i use ebay as a last resort, ill sell on here, craigslist, and iss. my prices are good and i provide good service so my stuff sells.

@jcapo your a selfish clown. your probably one of them dudes who feels like their entitled to get discounts on everything then throws a pissy fit when they don't get their way.

one other thing, why would it bother you so much if someone lists an auction at $1 and has high shipping costs. if you don't like their price buy from someone else, no ones putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay that price.

Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers is speaking the truth in every one of his posts in this thread. I'm a college student only working part time 2 days a week so I need money. I started selling shoes on eBay a month and a half ago. I was starting off pretty good and sold about 6 pairs of shoes. Apperently I reached a certain limit(cause I'm a new seller I think) and can't sell anymore shoes for another month?? %%*% ticks me off cuz I need money and eBay just stuck a middle finger in my face with that stupid rule and their dumb %%% fees

Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers is speaking the truth in every one of his posts in this thread. I'm a college student only working part time 2 days a week so I need money. I started selling shoes on eBay a month and a half ago. I was starting off pretty good and sold about 6 pairs of shoes. Apperently I reached a certain limit(cause I'm a new seller I think) and can't sell anymore shoes for another month?? %%*% ticks me off cuz I need money and eBay just stuck a middle finger in my face with that stupid rule and their dumb %%% fees

@ HELLA STACKS: So sell your shoes on NT or craigslist...

YOU are using THEIR system. They're not asking, or demanding that you use it.

But when you do use it, you have to play by their rules.

They dont care if you like it or not, because whatever they're doing is obviously working considering their revenue and active users.

@ HELLA STACKS: So sell your shoes on NT or craigslist...

YOU are using THEIR system. They're not asking, or demanding that you use it.

But when you do use it, you have to play by their rules.

They dont care if you like it or not, because whatever they're doing is obviously working considering their revenue and active users.

^

and hella stacks doesn't need to care about their rules either. if ebay does their job and catches his listing on their own and removes it then hey that's on him but to have someone go out of their way to get someones auction removed because they don't like the price is just childish. ebay doesn't give you anything for getting that auction removed so why do their job for them.

there's nothing wrong with trying to save money and beat the system. if you get caught you get caught oh well.

^

and hella stacks doesn't need to care about their rules either. if ebay does their job and catches his listing on their own and removes it then hey that's on him but to have someone go out of their way to get someones auction removed because they don't like the price is just childish. ebay doesn't give you anything for getting that auction removed so why do their job for them.

there's nothing wrong with trying to save money and beat the system. if you get caught you get caught oh well.

If you don't like the fees, don't sell on eBay. Use another means and good luck getting the highest price possible. I'm not saying you won't but it's definitely easier if you're reaching a larger pool of potential buyers. You're not obligated to sell on eBay.

If you're going to try to circumvent the fees, don't #!%+# when it doesn't work out how you want it to. If you want to net $150 for a pair of sneakers and the total cost of selling is $10 through eBay, list them for $160 and hope someone bites. Otherwise step your game up and work on creating a more seller-friendly online auction site then you won't have to try to nickle & dime, you nickle & dimer.

If you don't like the fees, don't sell on eBay. Use another means and good luck getting the highest price possible. I'm not saying you won't but it's definitely easier if you're reaching a larger pool of potential buyers. You're not obligated to sell on eBay.

If you're going to try to circumvent the fees, don't #!%+# when it doesn't work out how you want it to. If you want to net $150 for a pair of sneakers and the total cost of selling is $10 through eBay, list them for $160 and hope someone bites. Otherwise step your game up and work on creating a more seller-friendly online auction site then you won't have to try to nickle & dime, you nickle & dimer.

Hey, ebay fees suck, but what is the alternative? Not selling them? Be happy that there is a service that allows you to sell your !#%. I hate the fees too but unfortunately it's an unnecessary evil because I couldn't sell anything in the small podunk town I live in.

Hey, ebay fees suck, but what is the alternative? Not selling them? Be happy that there is a service that allows you to sell your !#%. I hate the fees too but unfortunately it's an unnecessary evil because I couldn't sell anything in the small podunk town I live in.

no the buyers are not dumb
you are dumb for doing something stupid like that if your to cheap to pay ebay fees dont use it
your a loser and people like you make ebay suck

no the buyers are not dumb
you are dumb for doing something stupid like that if your to cheap to pay ebay fees dont use it
your a loser and people like you make ebay suck

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by All Ready

alotta people avoid those auctions because they don't understand why it's only a $1

and no, this doesn't help keep "steals" on ebay

alotta people who do this get greedy and charge even more

just saw someone charging $1 and $250 shipping for 2010 flints

i'd only do it that way for private auctions, it looks stupid but if it works, it works
true, but who would you rather give your money to?  some college student scrapping to make a few extra bucks that's doing an honest side living selling shoes or whatnot online when they could be out robbing people or selling drugs and all their doing is just  getting over on the system and it's rediculous fees.  or a big corporate business who's going to repay you a few months later with a big @*%* you very much when they raise ebay and paypals fees even more.
honestly, i would rather give my money to ebay then some prick tryin to make a couple bucks

Originally Posted by All Ready

alotta people avoid those auctions because they don't understand why it's only a $1

and no, this doesn't help keep "steals" on ebay

alotta people who do this get greedy and charge even more

just saw someone charging $1 and $250 shipping for 2010 flints

i'd only do it that way for private auctions, it looks stupid but if it works, it works
true, but who would you rather give your money to?  some college student scrapping to make a few extra bucks that's doing an honest side living selling shoes or whatnot online when they could be out robbing people or selling drugs and all their doing is just  getting over on the system and it's rediculous fees.  or a big corporate business who's going to repay you a few months later with a big @*%* you very much when they raise ebay and paypals fees even more.
honestly, i would rather give my money to ebay then some prick tryin to make a couple bucks

so you felt like you were entitled to get a deal and...you got butthurt...  

im just sayin, i could care less when sellers do this. ...if you didn't like the price you could just keep it moving, why waste your time and the sellers time complaining to ebay?

...but to have someone go out of their way to get someones auction removed because they don't like the price is just childish.   
You're right, Cedric.  It's not a big deal.  No need to get "butthurt" just because someone is trying to get a good deal.  If you don't like the deal then keep it moving, right Ced?  Why waste your time and theirs?  I mean it's just childish.

Until someone has the nerve to low ball Big Ced.  Then he goes to great lengths to waste his own time setting up phony meetings and wasting other people's time and money making them drive great distances to places he thinks are funny or dangerous.  Because when he is on the receiving end then suddenly it's important to teach people a lesson.  But that's different, isn't it, Ced?  Funny how when it's other people you're Mr. Live And Let Live but when it happens to you, then you run to the internet to brag about doing things that you call childish.  Gee...I wonder if Cedric is one of the shady sellers people are discussing.  In addition to being a complete hypocrite.  

so you felt like you were entitled to get a deal and...you got butthurt...  

im just sayin, i could care less when sellers do this. ...if you didn't like the price you could just keep it moving, why waste your time and the sellers time complaining to ebay?

...but to have someone go out of their way to get someones auction removed because they don't like the price is just childish.   
You're right, Cedric.  It's not a big deal.  No need to get "butthurt" just because someone is trying to get a good deal.  If you don't like the deal then keep it moving, right Ced?  Why waste your time and theirs?  I mean it's just childish.

Until someone has the nerve to low ball Big Ced.  Then he goes to great lengths to waste his own time setting up phony meetings and wasting other people's time and money making them drive great distances to places he thinks are funny or dangerous.  Because when he is on the receiving end then suddenly it's important to teach people a lesson.  But that's different, isn't it, Ced?  Funny how when it's other people you're Mr. Live And Let Live but when it happens to you, then you run to the internet to brag about doing things that you call childish.  Gee...I wonder if Cedric is one of the shady sellers people are discussing.  In addition to being a complete hypocrite.  

Back
Top Bottom