Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

athe.jpg

Really? That was sort of funny..but the "nothing" this cute lil thing is referring to is actually tons of matter and energy not revealed to the human eye. 
Ok... you willing to put your "faith" in this?
I mean really, mocking religions is getting tired around here. Why would I go out of my way to tell some children that Santa does not exist? Live and let live...

it goes both ways....the whole heathens and homosexuals burning (or freezing word to dante's inferno) for all eternity isn't exactly respectful either.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Wilroc

I believe that god is real and if there is anything that i can not understand in the universe, i will do like ancient times and attribute it to that god. Try and prove that god doesnt exist, oh, wait .. you cant, because my blind faith will overpower any physical evidence you can present to me. I am close minded and will continue to believe in my god no matter what. 
grin.gif
pimp.gif
The only way.
And to all the people who say, god-loving people are not progressive and are naive, I am a liberal (democrat) and part of a green energy consulting organization at my college.
So no one can call me regressive.

I believe that god is real and if there is anything that i can not understand in the universe, i will do like ancient times and attribute it to that god. Try and prove that god doesnt exist, oh, wait .. you cant, because my blind faith will overpower any physical evidence you can present to me. I am close minded and will continue to believe in my god no matter what. 
grin.gif
pimp.gif
The only way.
And to all the people who say, god-loving people are not progressive and are naive, I am a liberal (democrat) and part of a green energy consulting organization at my college.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

grin.gif
pimp.gif
The only way.

if these series of posts is sarcasm....im dying.

even funnier is if the first post was sarcasm but the response is dead serious
nerd.gif

grin.gif
pimp.gif
The only way.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

grin.gif
pimp.gif
The only way.

nerd.gif
assuming wilroc isn't trolling of course

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

grin.gif
pimp.gif
The only way.

nerd.gif
assuming wilroc isn't trolling of course

grin.gif
pimp.gif
The only way.

chrisbrownsideeyeo.gif

grin.gif
pimp.gif
The only way.

chrisbrownsideeyeo.gif

The ironic thing is that Atheism is a religion too. Most atheists think that because they don't believe in God, they aren't religious. If you feel this way, here's news for you. Religion =/= belief in God. However, a system of beliefs = religion. With that being said, if you don't believe in God/Yahweh/Allah/etc., you don't need to push your religious view on those that do. If you do believe in God/Yahweh/Allah/etc., you don't have to force your religious view on those who don't. Like someone said before me, everyone just needs to respect each others' opinions.

The ironic thing is that Atheism is a religion too. Most atheists think that because they don't believe in God, they aren't religious. If you feel this way, here's news for you. Religion =/= belief in God. However, a system of beliefs = religion. With that being said, if you don't believe in God/Yahweh/Allah/etc., you don't need to push your religious view on those that do. If you do believe in God/Yahweh/Allah/etc., you don't have to force your religious view on those who don't. Like someone said before me, everyone just needs to respect each others' opinions.

Originally Posted by MrBen23

you're right..sorta
grin.gif
 but atheism isn't an institution. atheism isn't politicized.....at least not yet
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by MrBen23

you're right..sorta
grin.gif
 but atheism isn't an institution. atheism isn't politicized.....at least not yet
ohwell.gif

I know I contributed to this thread in previous pages, but seriously we need to give up these NT religious debate threads for a while. No one is going to change their mind based off of something that an NTer said. I feel lame for getting mad earlier, but really that's all that these threads do.

I know I contributed to this thread in previous pages, but seriously we need to give up these NT religious debate threads for a while. No one is going to change their mind based off of something that an NTer said. I feel lame for getting mad earlier, but really that's all that these threads do.

Atheism is not a belief system/religion.
Atheism is the opposite of religion.
Faith in a higher being is non existent.

Atheism is not a belief system/religion.
Atheism is the opposite of religion.
Faith in a higher being is non existent.

AntonLaVey wrote:

you're right..sorta
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

That would still be ok. Anything anti-god is ok...

AntonLaVey wrote:

you're right..sorta
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

That would still be ok. Anything anti-god is ok...

Just for the sake of conversation, because I'm not going to sit here and argue through a computer with people who can't prove any side of the argument (I'll keep my faith and pray for everyone in here regardless).

My only question is this:

Athiests & Agnostics, what if you all are wrong?

Just for the sake of conversation, because I'm not going to sit here and argue through a computer with people who can't prove any side of the argument (I'll keep my faith and pray for everyone in here regardless).

My only question is this:

Athiests & Agnostics, what if you all are wrong?

Back
Top Bottom