Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

roll.gif
if it were up to people like bsmooth and sarah palin we'd still be living in the dark ages.
Dont ever put my name in the same sentence as Sarah Palin again you heathen...

Yall sound like the same ol atheist arguers. I never claimed a loyalty to any organized religion and I even acknowledged how religion has failed people as an institution, yet yall have yet to make any significant claims on the behalf of atheism.

Appreciate the smaller things? I can't appreciate the smaller things because I believe in higher powers?
laugh.gif

Like I said, in an atheists world everything is rational and solved mathematically. Must be nice. I've never lived in that world.

Sloth_chillin.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

roll.gif
if it were up to people like bsmooth and sarah palin we'd still be living in the dark ages.
Dont ever put my name in the same sentence as Sarah Palin again you heathen...

Yall sound like the same ol atheist arguers. I never claimed a loyalty to any organized religion and I even acknowledged how religion has failed people as an institution, yet yall have yet to make any significant claims on the behalf of atheism.

Appreciate the smaller things? I can't appreciate the smaller things because I believe in higher powers?
laugh.gif

Like I said, in an atheists world everything is rational and solved mathematically. Must be nice. I've never lived in that world.

Sloth_chillin.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

im not religious but...

religion =/= spirituality

this.

op i understand where you're coming from. i was a straight up atheistbut once i learned more and thought more about the way that thingsworked... wow it truly is amazing. i think what made me actually believe in something is when i was thinking about the universe. supposedly the universe has been expanding since the big bang or whatever. but what is it expanding INTO? for example, a balloon can expand if there is space surrounding the balloon allowing it to expand. what is surrounding the universe then? the universe, how it works, how the earth works, how life evolves, it is amazing, and if you're up to it i suggest you look into it to find some solace.

now i am kinda agnostic and ibelieve in a higher being or force. religion is not necessarily alwaysthe answer. it's man made. revert to the originally fascination of life... not just the christianity and what have you that has developed since the birth of jesus

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

im not religious but...

religion =/= spirituality

this.

op i understand where you're coming from. i was a straight up atheistbut once i learned more and thought more about the way that thingsworked... wow it truly is amazing. i think what made me actually believe in something is when i was thinking about the universe. supposedly the universe has been expanding since the big bang or whatever. but what is it expanding INTO? for example, a balloon can expand if there is space surrounding the balloon allowing it to expand. what is surrounding the universe then? the universe, how it works, how the earth works, how life evolves, it is amazing, and if you're up to it i suggest you look into it to find some solace.

now i am kinda agnostic and ibelieve in a higher being or force. religion is not necessarily alwaysthe answer. it's man made. revert to the originally fascination of life... not just the christianity and what have you that has developed since the birth of jesus

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

Originally Posted by 23islegendary

I praise Based God
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
basedgod>>>>>the other "god"

I can communicate with my god, see my god, hear my god, and visit my god when he does shows in different cities.
What can the other "god" do?
Spoiler [+]
i'll wait

sick.gif
What has been read cannot be unread

I praise Based God
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I can communicate with my god, see my god, hear my god, and visit my god when he does shows in different cities.
Spoiler [+]
i'll wait

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Savraj1

I praise Based God
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
i'll wait

sick.gif

A++ post
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Savraj1

I praise Based God
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
i'll wait

sick.gif

A++ post
roll.gif
pimp.gif

athe.jpg

Really? That was sort of funny..but the "nothing" this cute lil thing is referring to is actually tons of matter and energy not revealed to the human eye. 

athe.jpg

Really? That was sort of funny..but the "nothing" this cute lil thing is referring to is actually tons of matter and energy not revealed to the human eye. 

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

athe.jpg

stop, you're making people think
eyes.gif

the dawn of matter itself ill always be a mystery tho......either way you look at it, something came from nothingness.

athe.jpg

stop, you're making people think
eyes.gif

the dawn of matter itself ill always be a mystery tho......either way you look at it, something came from nothingness.

No one really knows the truth.

Some people chose to believe what others have told them or persuaded them to believe in. (religious heads)

Others have chose to believe that the only person in control is themselves (realist/atheist?)

Then their are people that research all of it, pick and choose what they like, and apply it to their belief system. (agnostic/spiritualist)

Everyone goes around saying how everyone else's beliefs are flawed.

No body knows the truth, but we will sit and try to disapprove the other.

Be Respectful

No one really knows the truth.

Some people chose to believe what others have told them or persuaded them to believe in. (religious heads)

Others have chose to believe that the only person in control is themselves (realist/atheist?)

Then their are people that research all of it, pick and choose what they like, and apply it to their belief system. (agnostic/spiritualist)

Everyone goes around saying how everyone else's beliefs are flawed.

No body knows the truth, but we will sit and try to disapprove the other.

Be Respectful

athe.jpg

Ok... you willing to put your "faith" in this?
I mean really, mocking religions is getting tired around here. Why would I go out of my way to tell some children that Santa does not exist? Live and let live...

athe.jpg

I mean really, mocking religions is getting tired around here. Why would I go out of my way to tell some children that Santa does not exist? Live and let live...

Originally Posted by 0cks

athe.jpg

it goes both ways....the whole heathens and homosexuals burning (or freezing word to dante's inferno) for all eternity isn't exactly respectful either.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom