Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

My problem with atheism is it just seems uneducated. Even the Einsteins and Hawkings only discredit religion based on the destructive habits of the old religious traditions and concepts of god. The old religions are primitive allegorical accounts of spirituality of those times, which in turn have been manipulated to serve the interest of man for years. People of our time should not be bound to those concepts of god. My god has never been a man or anything tangible for that matter...I identify my god as my own wonder for truth in a world of lies and corruption. 
my man stays forcing religious stereotypes on atheists

ed+lover+come+on+son.jpg

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

My problem with atheism is it just seems uneducated. Even the Einsteins and Hawkings only discredit religion based on the destructive habits of the old religious traditions and concepts of god. The old religions are primitive allegorical accounts of spirituality of those times, which in turn have been manipulated to serve the interest of man for years. People of our time should not be bound to those concepts of god. My god has never been a man or anything tangible for that matter...I identify my god as my own wonder for truth in a world of lies and corruption. 

ed+lover+come+on+son.jpg

Son how many times are you gonna use your western propaganda techniques to take my posts out of context? I CAN TYPE BIG TO.

ed+lover+come+on+son.jpg

Son how many times are you gonna use your western propaganda techniques to take my posts out of context? I CAN TYPE BIG TO.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

who created god? serious question
nerd.gif

yep, i pose this question to religious people all the time and they beat around the bush with their long list on "convenient responses"
Expand the definition of God, seriously. I think the funniest thing about Athiests is that they do the exact same thing that deeply religious folk do. Pick and choose what to argue about when the topic arises. The very fact that Athiesm could not exist without christianity is irony at its finest.

My opinion on creationism/ afterlife/ other dimensions is very simple......... I DON'T KNOW!!!!!

I believe in the possibility of mutliple dimensions, extraterrestrials, the afterlife and other mysteries we contemplate as human beings....I will never try to pass these beliefs off as FACT. In our present reality, none of these things exist.

thats my belief too but i dont ever feel the need to debate against religious people. thats my only problem with athiests, just as annoying as their religious counterparts. no one really knows @+%+ so i wish everyone would stop trying to preach their sides. if someone wants to believe the earth is 10000 years old, let them do so.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

yep, i pose this question to religious people all the time and they beat around the bush with their long list on "convenient responses"
Expand the definition of God, seriously. I think the funniest thing about Athiests is that they do the exact same thing that deeply religious folk do. Pick and choose what to argue about when the topic arises. The very fact that Athiesm could not exist without christianity is irony at its finest.

My opinion on creationism/ afterlife/ other dimensions is very simple......... I DON'T KNOW!!!!!

I believe in the possibility of mutliple dimensions, extraterrestrials, the afterlife and other mysteries we contemplate as human beings....I will never try to pass these beliefs off as FACT. In our present reality, none of these things exist.

thats my belief too but i dont ever feel the need to debate against religious people. thats my only problem with athiests, just as annoying as their religious counterparts. no one really knows @+%+ so i wish everyone would stop trying to preach their sides. if someone wants to believe the earth is 10000 years old, let them do so.
laugh.gif

My problem with atheism is it just seems uneducated. Even the Einsteins and Hawkings only discredit religion based on the destructive habits of the old religious traditions and concepts of god. The old religions are primitive allegorical accounts of spirituality of those times, which in turn have been manipulated to serve the interest of man for years and years and years.

People of our time should not be bound to those concepts of god. My god has never been a man or anything tangible for that matter...I identify my god as my own wonder for truth in a world of lies and corruption. 
wut? We're uneducated yet you guys have no evidence what so ever that this "god" character exist? where is the proof?

My problem with atheism is it just seems uneducated. Even the Einsteins and Hawkings only discredit religion based on the destructive habits of the old religious traditions and concepts of god. The old religions are primitive allegorical accounts of spirituality of those times, which in turn have been manipulated to serve the interest of man for years and years and years.

People of our time should not be bound to those concepts of god. My god has never been a man or anything tangible for that matter...I identify my god as my own wonder for truth in a world of lies and corruption. 
wut? We're uneducated yet you guys have no evidence what so ever that this "god" character exist? where is the proof?

If atheism is truly an internal belief system then where does belief begin then end? Otherwise really it's a reactive train of thought completely based on the beliefs of others. Really IMO atheist are having to convince themselves everyday that they don't believe in god. If not then why spend anytime pondering/arguing this? Just focus on Biology, Physics, Chemistry etc.

If atheism is truly an internal belief system then where does belief begin then end? Otherwise really it's a reactive train of thought completely based on the beliefs of others. Really IMO atheist are having to convince themselves everyday that they don't believe in god. If not then why spend anytime pondering/arguing this? Just focus on Biology, Physics, Chemistry etc.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I tend to side with atheists because they have "logic" and "reality" on their side but THIS!!!

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I tend to side with atheists because they have "logic" and "reality" on their side but THIS!!!

I dont have any disagreements with there possibly being a creator of some sort, its just the people who think their religion is an accurate depiction of how things are run. Really? Theres tons of religions and an infinite number of possibilities but you just hit the nail on the head right?

I dont have any disagreements with there possibly being a creator of some sort, its just the people who think their religion is an accurate depiction of how things are run. Really? Theres tons of religions and an infinite number of possibilities but you just hit the nail on the head right?

I believe that god is real and if there is anything that i can not understand in the universe, i will do like ancient times and attribute it to that god. Try and prove that god doesnt exist, oh, wait .. you cant, because my blind faith will overpower any physical evidence you can present to me. I am close minded and will continue to believe in my god no matter what. 
grin.gif

I believe that god is real and if there is anything that i can not understand in the universe, i will do like ancient times and attribute it to that god. Try and prove that god doesnt exist, oh, wait .. you cant, because my blind faith will overpower any physical evidence you can present to me. I am close minded and will continue to believe in my god no matter what. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Not only that..But God did not get it right the first time, so he had to keep sending prophets because people kept going astray and forgetting their God. But, as an all-knowing God and as perfect as he is would not have to fight to make us believe in him and in the true religion. 

Like I said, I don't know if there are Gods or not, who knows how the world was created, who knows if there is an afterlife. I don't know and don't care to know. I just life my life as is and I see my purpose as just to be. That's it.

I just do not believe that there is one true religion and do not believe at all in the institutionalized religions and the way the figure of God is depicted in those religions. For me, you can tell they are man made. If there is a God(s), I am more inclined to believe he is imperfect,infallible, and unknowing, and created us just to be, rather than that we obey him/them and that these gods are perfect. 

Like I said, the earth is around 65 BILLION years old, and us humans came to be around 2-4 millions years ago. I think we just came to be out of evolution, rather than God waiting billions of years to create then finally decide to put us on this Earth. I also don't think the Earth was made so that can put humans on it to use as an environment to allow us to be slaves to him.

Not only that..But God did not get it right the first time, so he had to keep sending prophets because people kept going astray and forgetting their God. But, as an all-knowing God and as perfect as he is would not have to fight to make us believe in him and in the true religion. 

Like I said, I don't know if there are Gods or not, who knows how the world was created, who knows if there is an afterlife. I don't know and don't care to know. I just life my life as is and I see my purpose as just to be. That's it.

I just do not believe that there is one true religion and do not believe at all in the institutionalized religions and the way the figure of God is depicted in those religions. For me, you can tell they are man made. If there is a God(s), I am more inclined to believe he is imperfect,infallible, and unknowing, and created us just to be, rather than that we obey him/them and that these gods are perfect. 

Like I said, the earth is around 65 BILLION years old, and us humans came to be around 2-4 millions years ago. I think we just came to be out of evolution, rather than God waiting billions of years to create then finally decide to put us on this Earth. I also don't think the Earth was made so that can put humans on it to use as an environment to allow us to be slaves to him.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Hazeleyed Honey wrote:

You say you can't explain it. I just think it is just all so illogical.   

Serious question: Is everything explainable to you? For something to be beyond your grasp of logic does that mean it doesn't exist, or is it simply your way of saying because it doesn't make sense to you then it can't make sense?
And I mean that without any sarcasm.

Does the unexplainable have to be logical to me? No,it does not. But, I do not buy that the "organized" religion God is beyond our human comprehension excuse. It is a cop out to me. The origin of the universe is currently beyond our knowledge, and so that is unexplainable to me and it does not mean it is illogical. But you see, I see the God of the religions that are present as man made religons. I see that kind of God or kinds of Gods to be an intrinsically supernatural (not an explanation) that provides and disguises the superficial appearance of providing explanation by avoiding the necessary constraints of proper reason and logic. That is what I am trying to get at. If a God that is outside of rationality, then to me he cannot be said to exist in the physical entity sense of the term. If god interacts with the physical universe, then that interaction is subject to rational analysis.That is why I try to rationally make sense of it. If he doesn’t, then I don’t think there is any valid definition for that kind of depicted God  to “exist

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

wow never really thought it like that

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Hazeleyed Honey wrote:

You say you can't explain it. I just think it is just all so illogical.   

Serious question: Is everything explainable to you? For something to be beyond your grasp of logic does that mean it doesn't exist, or is it simply your way of saying because it doesn't make sense to you then it can't make sense?
And I mean that without any sarcasm.

Does the unexplainable have to be logical to me? No,it does not. But, I do not buy that the "organized" religion God is beyond our human comprehension excuse. It is a cop out to me. The origin of the universe is currently beyond our knowledge, and so that is unexplainable to me and it does not mean it is illogical. But you see, I see the God of the religions that are present as man made religons. I see that kind of God or kinds of Gods to be an intrinsically supernatural (not an explanation) that provides and disguises the superficial appearance of providing explanation by avoiding the necessary constraints of proper reason and logic. That is what I am trying to get at. If a God that is outside of rationality, then to me he cannot be said to exist in the physical entity sense of the term. If god interacts with the physical universe, then that interaction is subject to rational analysis.That is why I try to rationally make sense of it. If he doesn’t, then I don’t think there is any valid definition for that kind of depicted God  to “exist

wow never really thought it like that

Originally Posted by gatorad3

REAL %$%#
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gatorad3

REAL %$%#
pimp.gif

ed+lover+come+on+son.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
One of my main reasons for rejecting judeochristianity has to do with rejection of eurocentricism in religion and how it was forced on my people.

I've never seen anyone so CONSISTENTLY off with their arguments.
roll.gif

ed+lover+come+on+son.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
One of my main reasons for rejecting judeochristianity has to do with rejection of eurocentricism in religion and how it was forced on my people.

I've never seen anyone so CONSISTENTLY off with their arguments.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom